Where Can I Fit Deadlifts Into This Program?

First off, I am really grateful for all the help I have been getting. It’S time for me to move on from my current program. I’m starting to max out on the lifts and I would like to do something new.

I’ve copied and pasted a program written by the same person that wrote the first one below I would like to incorporate deadlifts into the program as I really enjoy doing them but I don’t know where to put them or what to replace them with. Some things I’ve read have deadlifts with back day others with legs so I am a little confused.

Upper A
Bench 3x5
Incline Bench 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
Bent Over Rows 3x8
Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
Squats 3x5
Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
OHP 3x5
Flies 3x10
Pullups 3x8
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
Front Squat 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Leg Extensions 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

???

1 Like

From my understanding it’s a different exercises

Same movement pattern so u can sub out. May want to swap exercise order and do it 1st before front squat.

1 Like

Yeah, I would say dump the RDL and just do regular deads. I would personally do them after the front squats, but maybe that depends on how heavy you are going with each of them.

Counterpoint to the two fine gentlemen above: I would probably have 2 lower days, one quad focussed, one hamstring focussed.

In this case:
Lower A
Squats 3x5
Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Extensions 3x10
Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Lower B
Deadlift (find a low volume progression you like)
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Hamstring Curls 3x10
Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

3 Likes

I like that idea, I’ll give that ago

2 Likes

Not bad but in that case I would prefer that either DL is technique work (lower %ages, deficit, pauses, snatch…) , or RDL uses a technique (like 5 secs eccentrics)

Doing both heavy back back felt always too taxing and redundant to me I prefer doing something like good mornings

1 Like

I was just trying to keep as close as possible to the original plan, while incorporating deadlifts. But yeah, I’d probably cut the lower back work as well.

1 Like