Where Can I Buy a 'Safety Strap'?

I’m hoping someone here can steer my in the right direction. I think the piece of equipment I’m looking for is called a “safety strap”. You can set it up in a squat rack and do all of your lifts from these hanging straps.

Does anyone know where to buy these or how to find a cheap alternative from a hardware store? I’m looking for a way to suspend a bar so I can train squats and OHP from a dead-stop from varying heights.

Thanks in advance…

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
I’m hoping someone here can steer my in the right direction. I think the piece of equipment I’m looking for is called a “safety strap”. You can set it up in a squat rack and do all of your lifts from these hanging straps.

Does anyone know where to buy these or how to find a cheap alternative from a hardware store? I’m looking for a way to suspend a bar so I can train squats and OHP from a dead-stop from varying heights.

Thanks in advance…[/quote]

Is this what you’re looking for?
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=139&pid=2130

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

Is this what you’re looking for?
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=139&pid=2130[/quote]

Yes it is. I had no luck with google but thanks a lot!

Spud INC also sells em, either one will work.

Tow Strap

What’s the point of these? I never understood why they were better than just using the spot pins in the rack?

[quote]Acrophobia13 wrote:
What’s the point of these? I never understood why they were better than just using the spot pins in the rack? [/quote]

The straps were designed to be used with a monolift, which doesn’t have the spot pins of a power rack.

I use some axle straps I got at Tractor supply for $7 each and a length of chain linked together with a caribiner to all my suspended stuff. Those chains are also the chains I use as the feeded cahains for squats and benching so they get tons of use. The straps are rated for 10,000# each and the chain is rated for more than I’ll ever lift. Total cost was significantly cheaper than the spud straps but don’t look near as cool.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

What’s the point of these? I never understood why they were better than just using the spot pins in the rack? [/quote]

The straps were designed to be used with a monolift, which doesn’t have the spot pins of a power rack.

[/quote]

That said, even with a power rack, I like suspended the bar in chains for partial squats rather than using pins. It’s much easier to set up under the bar due to your ability to position yourself and the bar before the start of the lift. With pins, it’s much less forgiving.

I have a video of me utilizing this

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[/quote]
That said, even with a power rack, I like suspended the bar in chains for partial squats rather than using pins. It’s much easier to set up under the bar due to your ability to position yourself and the bar before the start of the lift. With pins, it’s much less forgiving.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve seen them used in a monolift before. I was more wondering why you would use them in a rack. Guess I’ll just have to try them myself and see how it feels.