T Nation

When's The Next Check-In Thread?

Kudos to Mr Chris Colucci for what was one of the best threads in a long time.

It was humble, free of drama, informative and allowed us to see who walked the walk and talked the talk.

So the question is,

Is it a regular thing? Every 3 months or so? Would be great to see how everyone is progressing

I believe it’s planned to be twice/year, in August and February

[quote]ChongLordUno wrote:

[/quote]

It was actually an idea dreamt up by me and Nards.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

[/quote]

tweet[/quote]

No it wasn’t.

So the question is,

Is it a regular thing? Every 3 months or so? Would be great to see how everyone is progressing[/quote]
Thanks man. It’s not like it’s an “official” thing, but like GMoore said, my plan was for it to be every 6 months - August and February - which is long enough that beginners and more experienced lifters can make some noticeable progress either in physique/size/definition or performance/strength, depending on their goals.

So… a hair under four months until next check-in. Mark your calendar, attack your goals, and plan to share. :wink:

And yeah, not for nothing, but Super Saiyan is right. Bird, your thread talked about making a physique picture avatar a mandatory requirement for posting. Not quite the same thing at all, because it’s thoroughly unenforceable and not everyone’s goals are physique-based.

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Bird, your thread talked about making a physique picture avatar a mandatory requirement for posting. Not quite the same thing at all, because it’s thoroughly unenforceable and not everyone’s goals are physique-based.[/quote]

twat

[quote]Vagina Whisperer wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

Bird, your thread talked about making a physique picture avatar a mandatory requirement for posting. Not quite the same thing at all, because it’s thoroughly unenforceable and not everyone’s goals are physique-based.[/quote]

twat [/quote]

twit

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]Vagina Whisperer wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

twat [/quote]

twit
[/quote]
motherfucker

So the question is,

Is it a regular thing? Every 3 months or so? Would be great to see how everyone is progressing[/quote]
Thanks man. It’s not like it’s an “official” thing, but like GMoore said, my plan was for it to be every 6 months - August and February - which is long enough that beginners and more experienced lifters can make some noticeable progress either in physique/size/definition or performance/strength, depending on their goals.

So… a hair under four months until next check-in. Mark your calendar, attack your goals, and plan to share. :wink:

And yeah, not for nothing, but Super Saiyan is right. Bird, your thread talked about making a physique picture avatar a mandatory requirement for posting. Not quite the same thing at all, because it’s thoroughly unenforceable and not everyone’s goals are physique-based.[/quote]

I dropped 35 pounds in 35 days and have a few more days of a transition phase to take after picts. Have to wait and post when you do this in Feb

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

So the question is,

And yeah, not for nothing, but Super Saiyan is right. Bird, your thread talked about making a physique picture avatar a mandatory requirement for posting. Not quite the same thing at all, because it’s thoroughly unenforceable and not everyone’s goals are physique-based.[/quote]

I dropped 35 pounds in 35 days and have a few more days of a transition phase to take after picts. Have to wait and post when you do this in Feb[/quote]
Have you become a wrestler?

[quote]DropKickNoxious wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

So the question is,

I dropped 35 pounds in 35 days and have a few more days of a transition phase to take after picts. Have to wait and post when you do this in Feb[/quote]
Have you become a wrestler?[/quote]
? you lost me

[quote]theBird wrote:

[/quote]

tweet[/quote]

Where’s your documentary/movie???

[quote]

Damn that is some serious weight in a very short amount of time. That’s a 3500 calorie deficit every day. I’m going to have to check your log and learn your secrets. Great job btw.

[quote]theBird wrote:

[/quote]

tweet[/quote]

No offence mate but you come across as an attention seeker who is trying to cultivate an internet character, yet has to hide his face with a hockey mask. Hence I don’t take you seriously.

I also don’t remember you creating said thread

So the question is,

Fantastic, mate.

Currently training the oly lifts and looking to enter a competition in March. Both that and the check in thread are great inspiration.

Just to be clear, a check-in thread was not my idea…I just had an idea that for one month maybe all members here would use their own photo as their avatar.

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

[quote]

Damn that is some serious weight in a very short amount of time. That’s a 3500 calorie deficit every day. I’m going to have to check your log and learn your secrets. Great job btw.[/quote]

Thanks its in the over 35, I am old

[quote]

Thanks its in the over 35, I am old[/quote]

I feel you. I’ll join you there next year.

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

[quote]

Thanks its in the over 35, I am old[/quote]

I feel you. I’ll join you there next year.[/quote]

Its all good, there are some really cool strong guys over there.

IMO none of the lifts in the over 35 section count. Dad strength adds more to your total than multiply gear does.

Count me in for the next check-in. My shittiest lift at the moment is the squat. I’ve only hit 225 atm. My short term goal is to hit 315 lol. Long term goal is to be stronger than Layne Norton and have a better physique than Prof X.