When You Miss a Workout

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i used to be a lot more concerned when i first started but after a few months it was like, who gives a shit, its about years not days so wow i miss one day, its not going to even be noticeable.

Bingo

Agree with this as well. Gotta look at the big picture and in the beggining I did not, but as much as I like to stay consitent, life gets in the way of training at times, and you just move on. We’re talking a day, not weeks and months of missed sessions.

exactly. while its a lifestyle, it shouldnt be an obsession. although i feel when you first get into anything youre going to be obsessive for a short period of time as everything is new and exciting.

but the thing is, theres a world outside of the gym and you need to realize that and understand that you can still do other things, like drinking alcohol or missing a workout out for something else because you can go to the gym any day but you arent always going to have another opportunity for certain things in live.[/quote]

Well said,

I shudder to think what some of the young people are giving up in order to comply with excruciating minutia that is plaguing these boards recently.

Bodybuilding is a noble pursuit but you simply don’t have to shut down your entire life to make gains. in-fact in the long run the people that do that usually end up worse off physique wise than those who take a more balanced approach.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i used to be a lot more concerned when i first started but after a few months it was like, who gives a shit, its about years not days so wow i miss one day, its not going to even be noticeable.

Bingo

Agree with this as well. Gotta look at the big picture and in the beggining I did not, but as much as I like to stay consitent, life gets in the way of training at times, and you just move on. We’re talking a day, not weeks and months of missed sessions.

exactly. while its a lifestyle, it shouldnt be an obsession. although i feel when you first get into anything youre going to be obsessive for a short period of time as everything is new and exciting.

but the thing is, theres a world outside of the gym and you need to realize that and understand that you can still do other things, like drinking alcohol or missing a workout out for something else because you can go to the gym any day but you arent always going to have another opportunity for certain things in live.

Well said,

I shudder to think what some of the young people are giving up in order to comply with excruciating minutia that is plaguing these boards recently.

Bodybuilding is a noble pursuit but you simply don’t have to shut down your entire life to make gains. in-fact in the long run the people that do that usually end up worse off physique wise than those who take a more balanced approach.[/quote]

i realized all this after i had started training a few months and was going for the ripped 300 hundred look. long story short, i didnt have the ripped abs i wanted and i was bringing containers of chicken w/ me to the beach because of my strict diet when i saw these two guys bigger than me and more ripped than me eating ice cream off the truck. that and a couple other things pushed me into the realization that you dont have to do it 100% and you can let loose, drink some beers, eat some doughnuts, miss a session, whatever, it wont kill you.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
whatever was supposed to be for that day gets moved to tomorrow…and then the universe stays in equilibrium.

lol

DG

I get on one knee and beg Apollo/Bill Roberts for forgiveness. Offer in tribute: two beef roasts of the highest quality, a basket of the finest fruits I can afford, and a 5lb tub of Gold Standard.

I then flog myself as proof of my repentance. lol With my current schedule, its bound to happen. I figure I’ve got 7 24 hour days at my disposal per week so I move it over to the next day. Whether it be AM or PM it will get done. [/quote]

LOL!

You don’t offer them choice of your finest Virgins???

the bastards…they must be lying to me…

DG

I forget it and do my next scheduled workout.