When You Meet Your Abuser

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Professor X wrote:
This is the primary reason I don’t throw out those credit card offers in the trash.

Same here. We’d get dozens of them every week. My wife and I would either shred and drop them down our sink’s disposal, or we’d place the blank applications into the postage-free envelopes provided, and send them back! Sometimes we’d fill out the apps with silly names and addresses before mailing, or we’d put a Visa app into an American Express envelope and send it.

lol

I’m tired of getting them. I don’t have a paper shredder so I have a huge pile of them just waiting until I finally buy one. Who the fuck needs 20 credit card offers a month?

I agree. You must have spotless credit (as do I).
What’s odd is, when the financial meltdown happened last year, the number of credit offers we received by mail dropped to as few a month, thankfully. Our shredder broke around that time anyway.

You have no way of disposing of the ones you have?
Right now I have a 5 gallon bucket in my garage filled with them. I intend to fill it with water and bleach soon. If they fade to white, I’ll just toss 'em with my regular trash.

I just started burning them last week in the pit when I grill my steaks on the weekend…but I have too many to burn them all at once so at this rate, it will still take me until the year 2013 to get rid of them…and that’s if they don’t send anymore.[/quote]

You’re doing the right thing, ProfX. But I would seriously consider investing 30 bucks for a shedder. Like I just advised ID, don’t sleep on identity theft. Destroy that stuff as quickly as possible.

I think as a part of the punishment for those who steal identities, the victim should be allowed to confront the thief, along with a tool of their choice. I would lean towards a Louisville Slugger personally.

i have a diamond-cut shredder right near my desk where i open all my paper work. Cost me $70, but well worth the fact that you can’t even read a single number once that thing goes through it. It’ll go through anything, credit cards, cardboard, paper.

[quote]Deadsion wrote:
i have a diamond-cut shredder right near my desk where i open all my paper work. Cost me $70, but well worth the fact that you can’t even read a single number once that thing goes through it. It’ll go through anything, credit cards, cardboard, paper.[/quote]

Good man. I just take my stuff to my office where we have a multi thousand dollar industrial shredder that is the size if a washing machine! On top of that, the scrap is picked up and combusted by a document managing contractor. I’m anal retentive about it - I shred everything!

I write poetry to my shredder, I love it so much.

I did the opt out thing and might get one offer evey six months, instead of every six minutes.

My purse was stolen once, back in college. It had my cards, checkbook, ID, and SS card in it (I needed I for a new job). The thief dropped the checks, SS card, and ID in a parking lot, where a coworker found them, and I canceled the cards immediately. I thought I lucked out losing a few bucks and a gift card, until I received a bill for several hundred dollars at Express, years later. I had canceled that card, and closed the account after the theft, but the store person manually ran the card and let the thief take the merchandise, even after the card wouldn’t work normally.

Is the opting out thing actually legit? I mean, does it work? I get an offer maybe 3 times a week, fucking Macys and Bloomingdales.

Identity theives should be shot and killed. As if the economy didn’t provide enough struggles for hard working people. My brother was a victim of this shit and it was a pain in the ass to try and fix it. The bolt cutter to the toes like in the movie “Hostel” would be fitting punishment for these creeps.

the other approach is to have really shit credit rating in the first place, then no-one will want to steal it.

Kind of a scorched earth policy

That story is crazy. I would strangle the bitch. I had my identity stolen, and it fucking sucks. All they need is your SSN and address. These fuckers opened up a bunch of lines of credit under my info at a phony address. They bought all sorts of credit card machines, which I’m sure they used for some other scam. The real fucked up thing is that the creditors will NEVER try to contact you to collect. This means you will never know about it until it shows up on your credit report, or they turn it over to a collections agency who does get in contact with you.

And let me tell you, collections agents are assholes. They don’t care if it’s fraud. Many of them buy the debt, so all they care is getting you to pay. If anyone ever has this happen, immediately ask the collections agent for a copy of the original bill from the original creditor. Then you can call the creditor’s fraud dept and work it out with them. I have dealt with over 10 fraudulent accounts from this one incident, and the original creditors have worked with me every time and removed the charges, sometimes several thousands worth.

Some collections agents won’t even give you the phone number of the original creditor, but they have to give you the name, so sometimes you have to research it yourself. Like I said, fucking sucks. I highly recommend putting fraud alerts with the credit bureaus too. This will require them to call you before opening ANY account.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I write poetry to my shredder, I love it so much.

I did the opt out thing and might get one offer evey six months, instead of every six minutes.

My purse was stolen once, back in college. It had my cards, checkbook, ID, and SS card in it (I needed I for a new job). The thief dropped the checks, SS card, and ID in a parking lot, where a coworker found them, and I canceled the cards immediately. I thought I lucked out losing a few bucks and a gift card, until I received a bill for several hundred dollars at Express, years later. I had canceled that card, and closed the account after the theft, but the store person manually ran the card and let the thief take the merchandise, even after the card wouldn’t work normally. [/quote]

Was it the Express in Sooner?

This doesn’t surprise me, I know a girl that got hired there…definitely wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box…

That’s the one, Lily.

Maxi, it’s worked for me. Not 100%, but it has been several years and I have had no problems. It isn’t Cockney’s scorched earth either, as I have great credit.

I hate collection agencies. My husband has probably the #1 most common name in the US. At one point, a single agency was sending us over 50 letters a week demanding payment. Fucking idiots.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
the other approach is to have really shit credit rating in the first place, then no-one will want to steal it.

Kind of a scorched earth policy[/quote]

Yes, my family never had an identity theft.

I would probably get some practice for a distant mma event!

Some retard once tried to charge a $10,000 fee to my mother’s card to ship a truck transmission to India. The credit card company thought that was just a bit peculiar for a card that was used for nothing but gas and the occasional retail store purchase.

I check my credit every other month or so, and no one has ever fucked with mine, luckily.

If something like the story happened to me, I would happily accept the assault and detaining charges, as it would guarantee an arrest. Even so, I somehow think that nothing I could do would be as bad as 30+ years of assrape in the shower.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:

Kind of a scorched earth policy[/quote]

That’s how we roll.

I would lure him back to my house where I’d cut off his penis, drug him and while he is asleep, I would stick his own penis in his asshole to stretch it out so it’s extra loose when he gets to jail. I would then force him to give me his facebook/myspace profile and password and post pics exposing him in front of his family and friends. Then I would post a craiglist ad saying that he is looking to get railed up the ass tonight, by anyone or anything, video tape it and put it on the internet forever cementing his and my fame. Finally I would drive to Compton and drop him off in a KKK suit.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Is the opting out thing actually legit? I mean, does it work? I get an offer maybe 3 times a week, fucking Macys and Bloomingdales.[/quote]

Yes, the opting out thing is legit.

But

Doesn’t it seem fucked up that we have to Opt Out? Shows how ass backwards things are…we should have to fucking Opt In, it should be a given not to send shit like that unless you request it.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Is the opting out thing actually legit? I mean, does it work? I get an offer maybe 3 times a week, fucking Macys and Bloomingdales.

Yes, the opting out thing is legit.

But

Doesn’t it seem fucked up that we have to Opt Out? Shows how ass backwards things are…we should have to fucking Opt In, it should be a given not to send shit like that unless you request it. [/quote]

I don’t know why you’re complaining, Dk44. I mean, don’t goats EAT trash anyway?

lol

“When You Meet Your Abuser”

He/she dies.

Simple.

I second the stuffing all the shit they send, plus any extra trash papers you have back in the envelope and returning it. They have to pay the postage on it. Also you can write messages on it like go fuck yourself credit card company, or something like that for your personal well being.

I just actualy got one from my state Republican party. Haha they were asking for donations to “stop the big spending Dems” LOL Well I tore up thier forms and stuffed in a little letter of my own. Told them go fuck themselves, they ran the fucking debt up more than any congress in history under bush and the only difference between them and the dems is which special interests they fuck in bed. I wonder if my message will be heard or thrown away. Keep raising my postage bitches, I’ll keep making your CC buddies and cronies who send me junk mail pay the postage to ship thier crap and my message back to them.

V