When You Age, You Exercise Caution

6 Feet 8 Inches,253 pounds (115 kilos),41 years old this December.

I would recommend some arm work.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I would recommend some arm work.[/quote]

True, but need to see the wheels to see if they are proportional, after all, the man is six-eight!!..

Seems like your lats are well developed, but oddly enough your arms do not, that’s pretty rare imo.

Also more shots would be better

I have VERY long arms, and legs !! LOL

another pic

I’m only worth a 3 ? Knew this was a bad idea.
Bit disappointed !! Have to get my girlfriend, and mates to vote for me !!! LOL

Seriously, would like some opinions on improving. I train hard (Holy Trinity:Squats, Deads, and Bench). Eat right, and sleep as long as pos.

I gave you a higher score bro.

It’s gotta be mad difficult to add much thickness on a 6’8’’ frame.

What are some of the lift #'s? Or other activities you do that prove your athleticism/strength?

I thought it was tough adding mass to a 6’1’’ frame, haha you’d dwarf me.

[quote]York Plate wrote:
I’m only worth a 3 ? Knew this was a bad idea.
Bit disappointed !! Have to get my girlfriend, and mates to vote for me !!! LOL[/quote]

Well, think about a zero as being a normal, average, everyday-on-the-street type body. You’re defiantly in better shape then that!

Good definition(well besides the abs) and V.
I’d imagine it would be hard to gain solid arm mass at 6’8.

If I’m not mistaken, its generally believed that the leg press is better for quad hypertrophy than squats for very tall lifters. Many of the very tall lifters I see in my university gym (with thick legs) do lots of work on the Hammer strength V-squat and leg press in addition to squats and deads. Worth trying.

I feel for you on being tall factor. My best friend is 6’8". He put on 45 pounds this summer, and still looks like a twig. You look great for that size. I’m impressed.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Yes, Brant-Drake, put like that, a 3 aint too bad !!!

I used to play full court basketball 3 times a week, but have stopped now, and play half court pick up ball once in a while.

I interval sprint twice a week, plus stairmaster work.

I squat every Friday, love squats for that great deep sleep it gives me after the workout. I keep strict form hense 220-230lbs max for 4-5 reps.
rbpowerhouse, leg presses? I would be able to push more weight. Will start putting leg presses into my workout. What are a V-Squat, and Hammer ?

I am not happy with my abs. Need to improve.

Cheers

what does ur arm workout look like… as far as aesthetics go u def need some direct arm work imo.

Look up arm specialization on this site…

also look up the article “Why Won’t Lurch Grow?” Its an article for tall lifters and tweaks they can make to their programs

The hammer-strength V-squat is a newer version of the old hack squat machine (which was merely an inverted sled and locked you in a straight line of motion). This one lets you move in an arc, and feels better on the joints.
While its obviously not as good as a free-weight squat (for GH release and core work), it will help you lift more weight and stress your legs a lot more without the increased spinal loading, forces you to keep your back straight, allows your hips to travel outwards as you squat down (unlike the hack squat m/c) and gives your glutes and hams a more solid workout since you can place your feet well ahead compared to a regular squat.

I see a lot of massive dudes using this machine every now and then, and you can go really deep and heavy without worrying too much. This may be a nice addition.

[quote]York Plate wrote:
rbpowerhouse, leg presses? I would be able to push more weight. Will start putting leg presses into my workout. What are a V-Squat, and Hammer ?
Cheers [/quote]

For what it’s worth, using a wide stance and a 20-rep squat program really helped add thickness to my tall-ass legs. Good luck with that height and aesthetic mass.

thanks for the info on the hammer-strength V-squat rbpowerhouse. Looks like an impressive piece of machinery.
My local gym doesn’t have one, but I will find a gym that does.

Arm workout is any of these exercises on different weeks:

close grip bench press, skull crushers, rope pull downs, between two benches dips- for tris

Curls, preachers, hammer curls, dumbell curls for bis.

I do train tris on chest day, and bis on back. Have done for years.

Will check out the article:Why Won’t Lurch Grow, HotCarl28.

Thanks for the support and advice gentlemen,much appreciated, I am more motivated now than ever.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
Seems like your lats are well developed, but oddly enough your arms do not, that’s pretty rare imo.

Also more shots would be better[/quote]

It’s not that rare - all middle/lightweight fighters look like that. I’m about 6’, but have a similar build. Small, long arms with very dominant lats.

OP, you are a prime candidate for steroids and/or prohormones. Now’s the time, so let the mass come. And your right arm is visibly smaller than your left. Work on it.

Rasslore, I have also done 20 rep squats in the past, insane !!! Need to suck it up and go on a 20 rep binge again.