When to Use Knee Wraps?

Hey everyone just ordered a set of knee wraps. Got Inzer Iron Z’s, and have never used them before. My question is when do you guys put them on? Your last set? Just heavy days? I’m a big fan of 5/3/1, so maybe just on the 95% week? I’ve never had knee issues, but wanted to give them a go and see if they help a little. I just don’t want to be using them a ton and develop weak knees. Thanks in advance!

I use them after my warm ups…it saved my knees from grinding out 5 sets

Wraps help you lift more, if you use them on 95% days it won’t be your 95% anymore but lower.

I used them on my 95% for a while, but in retrospect I wish I hard taken the 95% as a single without, then done another set with the wraps. They made it hard to gauge progress, for example on my 3s week the weight would feel really heavy and then on 5/3/1 week it felt much easier. If you’re doing the powerlifting templates just use the wraps when you work up.

[quote]Mdgray82 wrote:
I used them on my 95% for a while, but in retrospect I wish I hard taken the 95% as a single without, then done another set with the wraps. They made it hard to gauge progress, for example on my 3s week the weight would feel really heavy and then on 5/3/1 week it felt much easier. If you’re doing the powerlifting templates just use the wraps when you work up.[/quote]

that seems like a pretty solid plan my friend. good thinking.

Never use them or the super elite raw people will just claim your lifts don’t count. Same with monolifts.

On a more serious note, I won’t start wrapping until around 80% or so and will wrap loose until 95%.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Never use them or the super elite raw people will just claim your lifts don’t count. Same with monolifts.

On a more serious note, I won’t start wrapping until around 80% or so and will wrap loose until 95%.[/quote]

i know what you mean man lol i probably should stop wearing a belt too and maybe shoes. and that’s good advice, i’ll take note. all input is very much appreciated.

If you are allowed to wear them in contest, wear them 8 to 12 weeks out to learn how to optimize their use. Otherwise train raw.

beef

from 2xBW up

With 5/3/1, I would suggest the 5/3/1 for PL template and using the wraps on the two singles. The program kind of sets itself up that way. Your training max should come from your raw max, since you’d be lifting raw for all your working sets, then you’d base your singles off of your meet goal.