When to Train Abs?

[quote]putter2712 wrote:

1. Keep training them while you diet down, nothing more dissapointing than getting your bodyfat low and realising your abs suck. Abs starting to show is a nice reward as you get deep into a diet.

2. in regards to actually training them, i give abs their own 1 hour session like i would chest or back, i pick 4 or 5 exersizes, and use relatively high volume in the 12-15 rep range as a generality.[/quote]

The appearance of a lifters abs are genetically determined. Once a minimum standard is met training has little; if any effect on appearance.
Everyone should do some ab training.

If you have done the big 5 for a while then you have abs under the tire.

Training abs everyday ? Waste of time IMO. At my first competition I had the best set of abs on the stage and you know what ? I had not train them for the last 3-4 years, I just did them about 2 months before the competition and anyone knows (or should know) that we do not put muscle on while dieting, just maintain what you have.

In this same competition I had one other competitor that came to me asking me what I was doing for abs, cause mine were much better then him (he had decent mid section) and he said he was doing 1000reps per day, everyday, when I told him I was not training them except for the 2 last month, he could not believe it, so much effort for so little results, while I did the contrary.

Great looking abs, like big calves are primary a question of genetics, everyone would like to have Zane’s midsection, but it’s mostly genetics. If you remove the fat you’ll see what’s yours.

Eric

Guys what are the big 5?

I mean I can’t figure out what number 5 is.

big 5?
Bench
Standing Press
Squat
Deadlift
Chin or pullup
Row…
Which to eliminate?

^ eliminate rows

Or maybe he’s talking about this?

[quote]Thibaudeau Star Complexes

I’ve taken the concept of complexes and ramped it up. Instead of training only two points on the force-velocity curve, I train around five points, which is why I call them star complexes.

Each complex will use five exercises of the same movement pattern. The five exercises will be performed back to back, starting with a heavy/slow movement as the first exercise. Each subsequent exercise will be lighter in resistance than the previous exercise, allowing for progressively faster rep speeds.[/quote]

“Train around 5 points, I call them Star Complexes.”

Sounds like ninja stuff.

Press forward, press up, pull back, pull down, squat !!!

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Press forward, press up, pull back, pull down, squat !!![/quote]

Hey! That’s catchy!