T Nation

When to Take Zink & Magnesium

Rule #1 of supplement usage: if you can’t spell it, you can’t take it.

I’ll PM you a place to send all your unopened containers.

[quote]NeoSpartan wrote:
Madman2 wrote:
NeoSpartan wrote:

the thing with the directions is that a lot of the time I eat something high in calcium before bedtime. Be it something with milk or cottege cheese. So I was getting frustrated because I eat before sleep because I am trying to gain weight (although my job has made that hard), but at the same time I want to take my ZMA.

I see. So you didn’t bother to read the ZMA discussion thread? Your answer was on the second page. Did you search on “ZMA and Calcium” on this site? Your answer was there in the first two links that came up for me.

lol… this is too much.

[/quote]

I’m glad you found that funny.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
You want to avoid taking zinc with a meal that’s high in Calcium. My last meal before bed is either a shake or cottage cheese, so I take my Zinc with an afternoon meal. I don’t really give a crap about the dreams or the supposed sleep benefits.[/quote]

i thought one of the main points of zma is that it helps you get a good night sleep, with the dreams kind of showing you are getting good REM sleep. and that helps you boost the testosterone levels by getting great sleep. if you take it in the afternoon isnt that kind of counterproductive?