T Nation

When to Take Rez-V?

Since Rez-V helps block/slow the conversion of Test to Est it would make sense to take it when Test levels are highest, correct? As in first thing in the morning and after heavy weight training. I am considering taking the full dose in the morning on non-lifting/off days and splitting the dose (2 caps first thing in the morning and 1 or 2 caps with my 1st solid meal following a lift?) on training days. Any thoughts on this dosing protocol? experience?

I think the whole mechanism in Rez-V working is the large dose of Resveritol at once creating the Est blocking effect.

Splitting the does I would think will reduce this effect. So I would just stick with the full dose once a day, I take mine (all 3) in the morning.

what noticable results, if any, have you had since starting with the Rez-V?

I’m seeing a lot of recommendations recently to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I used to take it before going to bed, but I switched this week on the new recommendation to see if I would notice anything.

Having said that, I’m not sure Rez-V is the type of supplement that you’ll notice anything from taking, but maybe that’s just my experience. I think it’s more of a long term health supplement.

I think it was once mentioned in the Rez-V thread that you should make sure you consistently take it at the same time every day, whenever that may be.

Also from the Rev-V article:

“Our recommended dosage of REZ-V is three capsules once per day. It’s best to take one large dose of resveratrol, instead of several smaller doses, because of the way it’s metabolized. In essence, you want to overwhelm the body’s ability to inactivate and excrete resveratrol, which is done through sulfation and glucuronidation (adding sulfate and beta-glucuronide groups).”

You might notice a change in the quantity or texture of your semen if it’s working. Or maybe the GF will.

[quote]yorik wrote:
You might notice a change in the quantity or texture of your semen if it’s working. Or maybe the GF will.[/quote]

Were you the Control in this study?