T Nation

When to Take Power Drive?

Dear CT, from reading some articles and threads that you have posted in, I see that you really like Power Drive and its effects. I've been taking it pre-workout (I workout in the mornings) but don't really get much out of it. Would it be beneficial to take it post-workout like I have read about? I only train once a day, but I do usually get tired around 3 in the afternoon.

Any advice on how I can utilize Power Drive would be appreciated. Sorry if this belongs in the supplement forum instead.

Although I'm not CT, usually the best advice always comes in the form of keeping things as simple as possible. If you train in the mornings, try using Power Drive afterwards (one-two scoops). If you get tired around 3 in the afternoon, you can consider either of the two options:

(1) Eat a meal higher in fat and protein between 12:45 and 1:30 p.m. (this has actually been associated with higher level of mental stamina, which may reduce drowsy feeling)

OR

(2) Have one scoop of supplemental protein with one or two servings of Power Drive around 1:30 or 2 p.m. However, I believe it's not recommended to use Power Drive too late in the day (perhaps no later than 4 or 5 p.m.).

In sum, adjust the Power Drive dosage/timing to fit your needs (find your "sweet spot," as Chris Shugart mentioned). If all else fails, simply take a nap if possible, or get more sleep at night :slight_smile:

Thank you, I will give it a try post-workout and see how it works.

IMHO the best use for Power Drive is AFTER your workout. I find that it helps with nevous system recovery. It has never been a supplement that you "feel" and because of that people wrongfully believe that it doesn't work. Read my article "Natural Supercharger" for more info about it.

Thanks CT I appreciate your response.

What I've been doing is having 2 scoops of Power Drive added to the 1200ml of my Anaconda/MAG-10/SWF mix. Seems to be working well.

The are several ways to use it. I can take it on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a workout when I'm awake and get 80% more reps per set with most weights and exercises.

Do as people have told you if you still want to lift in the morning. But I suggest that you give my version a shot. You could be a hyper-responder like me.

PB. I don't use the Anaconda stuff. I used about 2 protocols and seen crazy awesome gains and my shoulders ballooned up pretty quick but quick honestly the stuff is just too expensive for me plus buying protein and whatnot.

Kakno. I used it in the morning for quite a while but didn't get that type of response from it, so I'm going to start using it post-workout and let it do its work on recovering my nervous system.

I am excited to use my leftover products from an Anaconda Protocol and try out the MAG-10 pulse fast. That'll be another good use for my Power Drive. Biotest rocks!

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/natural_supercharger