When to Take Fish Oils?

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
You guys are getting me confused…Here in the USA, we have radio commercials claiming the best fish oil caps are out of Finland, and you are one helluva’ lot closer to Finland than us, so what’s the deal? Marketing hype for gullible Americans?..or fact? (and if fact, why would you prefer to have the more costly Flameout?)… [/quote]

Two reasons.

Brand recognition: Every single Biotest product I tried surpassed my expectations.

EPA/DHA ratio: No other fish oil that I’m aware of has more DHA than EPA.

P.S: the CLA isn’t that important to me.

As far as brand, go with Carlson’s lemon flavored oil.

(Of course this is on top of your Flameout)

Minimal- 1 teaspoon with 3 meals per day.

I personally take 1 Tablespoon with breakfast, 1 tablespoon with my last meal before sleep. (Usually pour it over some cottage cheese and walnuts)

Oh, and don’t worry about the fish flavor- there’s none. Actually, it doesn’t taste like anything really. It’s got a very light lemony scent though.

[quote]SurgeFreak wrote:

Oh, and don’t worry about the fish flavor- there’s none. Actually, it doesn’t taste like anything really. It’s got a very light lemony scent though.[/quote]

The lemon flavor oil (which I also take twice a day - once after bfast and once after dinner) I actually think it tastes a little like fruity pebbles or Trix cereal…just lighter and less sweet…it’s probably been 10 or more years since I’ve had either…but that’s what my brain triggered when I first tried it.

In the end…the Lemon flavor stuff really IS ok!

Does the timing relative to workout matter?
For instance I just did a big squat/deadlift session. If I took a lot right now would that prevent the major soreness I always get?

[quote]BuddhistPalm wrote:
Does the timing relative to workout matter?
For instance I just did a big squat/deadlift session. If I took a lot right now would that prevent the major soreness I always get?[/quote]

PWO fat = bad idea.

I think fish oil around workout time isn’t ideal as your body will just digest it for fuel - sounds logical anyway. However, I often have some fat closeish to workout time as im ADing it.