When to Move on to a New Program?

I’ve been doing Rippetoe’s for the past three weeks and i plan to continue for some time.

I’m very interested in Westside type training but i’m not really that strong yet.
I was wondering how and when i should try getting into Westside type training.

Any thoughts?

When you stop improving with rippetoe.
Give it at least a year.

Thats it mate - i started with Westside for Skinny Bastards 5 years ago & always end up back on it.

If you’re just beginning stick with Rippetoe for at least 12 months.

Rippetoe’s starting strength is a great program, so you should consider staying on it until you stop getting results (IMO).

WSFSB i think you can get on right now if its the type of training you like, i find that you dont really need to be a beast to get good results from it.

Normal Westside:
On the other hand, unless you already have high numbers to begin with, i think you will find programs that work better for beginner and some intermediate lifters. This requires knowledge of weak spots and strong spots, and if your whole body is weak then this program is probably not for you.

There really is no right time to start Westside type of training. It is a GREAT!!! system and you could start it next week. As for the how part of the question at www.eliteFTS.com Dave Tate sells a beginner manual that is perfect for someone wanting to start out. Dave is a great guy who knows the Westside system inside out and does a great job of explaining it to others. Additionally, the DVD seminar he offers is an EXCELLENT resource. If you are like me and can’t wait for stuff to get there in the mail check out this article link:-)

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/9week-training-program.htm