When to Incorporate Isolation Exercises?

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]Bunny Bench wrote:
Been on this site for some time and still can’t believe the arrogance of some of the posters.

How do I lifts so much?

hmmmm let me think surely bench pressing week after week will increase my bench press. I don’t do single handed dumbbell Swiss ball presses like you guys but my method works.

king beefs program is ok but I know what workout works well with me…I don’t need a workout.

I am merely asking if Isolation work will help seeing as the bench will work my entire chest anyway…

What is the point of repping 280 finishing the workout and then doing 80 lb dumbbell fly’s if they won’t do much except prolong my recovery.
[/quote]
Well. This is the bodybuilding forum therefore I assume your goal is bodybuilding therefore if your goal is bodybuilding then why are you asking if you should do Isolation work? That’s like being a power-lifter and asking if you should incorporate bench, dead-lift and squats or if isolation exercises are enough… [/quote]

Because I have yet to see Isolation exercises build muscle…IMO it would seem that the more weight put on a muscle the the more it grows. Like I said I would rather do 300 lb bench press than 100 lb dumbbell presses for building muscle.

Feeling the muscle isolation work contractions would probably work better when using specific types of AAS. IMO

[quote]brian12 wrote:
I love focusing on big compounds - the smaller muscles do grow.

I moved from a 5 day split routine, onto a 4 day (upper, lower, rest, upper, lower) split. Focusing on deadlifts, squats, weighted chins, flat bench, close grip bench, barbell curls, military press. That’s all, no isolation work.

My calves got bigger, rear delts got bigger, as did my forearms.[/quote]

barbell curls are isolation.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
because you posted in bodybuilding, where the point of what we do is to build and sculpt our bodies.

do you have any vids posted of these lifts or any lifts in competition?[/quote]

Should they be in competition? I hardly see a 1.8 x bodyweight bench press anything to impressive.

Squat probably isn’t completely parallel but IDK im working on it.

Deadlifting I find easy.

Not in competition and I don’t wan’t to put up any videos.

Regardless lifting heavier and heavier weights build’s muscle and strength…the two come hand in hand no matter what anyone says (if natural)although ratio could be a little off (1:1 or 1:3)

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

Been on this site for some time and still can’t believe the arrogance of some of the posters.

How do I lifts so much?

hmmmm let me think surely bench pressing week after week will increase my bench press. I don’t do single handed dumbbell Swiss ball presses like you guys but my method works.

king beefs program is ok but I know what workout works well with me…I don’t need a workout.

I am merely asking if Isolation work will help seeing as the bench will work my entire chest anyway…

What is the point of repping 280 finishing the workout and then doing 80 lb dumbbell fly’s if they won’t do much except prolong my recovery.
[/quote]
Well. This is the bodybuilding forum therefore I assume your goal is bodybuilding therefore if your goal is bodybuilding then why are you asking if you should do Isolation work? That’s like being a power-lifter and asking if you should incorporate bench, dead-lift and squats or if isolation exercises are enough… [/quote]

Feeling the muscle isolation work contractions would probably work better when using specific types of AAS. IMO [/quote]

This statement is only true if:

A. You have shitty genetics

B. You aren’t eating enough to recover

I don’t know what your goals are but if they are to build a physique that is proportional, lean, and muscular you absolutely need isolation work.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
because you posted in bodybuilding, where the point of what we do is to build and sculpt our bodies.

Should they be in competition? I hardly see a 1.8 x bodyweight bench press anything to impressive.

Deadlifting I find easy.

Regardless lifting heavier and heavier weights build’s muscle and strength…the two come hand in hand no matter what anyone says (if natural)although ratio could be a little off (1:1 or 1:3)[/quote]

then you are full of it.

any member worth his salt will not hesitate to throw up a video of a lift as proof.

gtfo.

And the fact that youre asking these questions while planning to soon start using AAS is pretty foolish.

Pics to prove your method works. I dont see any.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

Deadlifting I find easy.

Regardless lifting heavier and heavier weights build’s muscle and strength…the two come hand in hand no matter what anyone says (if natural)although ratio could be a little off (1:1 or 1:3)[/quote]

then you are full of it.

any member worth his salt will not hesitate to throw up a video of a lift as proof.

gtfo.[/quote]

Eh. Id be embarrassed to take video of rather unimpressive lifts. And this is a bodybuilding forum anyway.

Lets see pics of the well developed triceps OP is sporting, since his method works so well.

How can a bunny bench press??

Beats me…

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

Deadlifting I find easy.

then you are full of it.

gtfo.[/quote]

Full of it?

Buddy you have been training over over 15 years and don’t exactly scream jay cutler to me.

Not hating your physique is alright but you obviously don’t care if someone identifies you. I on the other hand like to keep my lifting private for personal reasons.

I didn’t ask you to rate my lifts or call any kind of BS. I merely provided my lifts to emphasise the point of how much I have progressed with compounds.

• Why the fark am I always defending myself on the site other body-building sites I never have this problem.

“Why am I always defending myself…?”

Because you adopt a defensive position or make claims that require evidence. Stop acting like a victim. Also, read one of the 2,000 articles/threads on this topic.

Oh hey look!!! It’s my old buddy Brunchy Benny! What’ve you been up to? Do you still have 28 inch thighs and a 27 inch waist?

Obvious troll is obvious.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

Beach Bungie said that he will never post pics or videos on this site to back up anything so you’re barking up the wrong tree.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

Deadlifting I find easy.

then you are full of it.

gtfo.[/quote]

Full of it?

Buddy you have been training over over 15 years and don’t exactly scream jay cutler to me.

Not hating your physique is alright but you obviously don’t care if someone identifies you. I on the other hand like to keep my lifting private for personal reasons.

I didn’t ask you to rate my lifts or call any kind of BS. I merely provided my lifts to emphasise the point of how much I have progressed with compounds.

• Why the fark am I always defending myself on the site other body-building sites I never have this problem.[/quote]

read the info a bit more carefully. I have been lifting on and off the past 15 years, the last 3 of which were done regularly, and less than the last year of which was done 100% seriously and consistently. the last 6 months of bulking have produced my current stage of development.

your claims to privacy are BS in this age of easily accessible apps like movie editors and Photoshop. barring the use of editing, you could simply wear a ski mask in the vid if you wanted to disprove doubters.

you didn’t ask anyone to rate your lifts and call BS? next time, realize that a deadlift of 550 and a total around 1200 along with the ignorance present in your question sets off a red flag. your troll-fu needs improvement.

Because I have yet to see Isolation exercises build muscle…IMO it would seem that the more weight put on a muscle the the more it grows. Like I said I would rather do 300 lb bench press than 100 lb dumbbell presses for building muscle.[/quote]
I feel like you are pissing into the wind here. You are on the bodybuilding specific portion of T-Nation trying to get someone to convince you that isolation movements work. I think your question has been answered that yes you should do isolation movements if you want maximum hypertrophy.

If you see great gains in size lifting heavy compound movements then why did you even ask the question? Keep on doing your own thing.

The lack of recovery you seem to be worried about would be a trade off. Do more isolation work and tear up the muscle more, eat more, rest more, grow more. OR, hit the heavy compounds to build strength do what you have always done and get what you have always got.

Like I said keep doing what you have been doing if you like the results.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Oh hey look!!! It’s my old buddy Brunchy Benny! What’ve you been up to? Do you still have 28 inch thighs and a 27 inch waist?

Obvious troll is obvious.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

Beach Bungie said that he will never post pics or videos on this site to back up anything so you’re barking up the wrong tree.[/quote]

haters gonna hate.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

Deadlifting I find easy.

then you are full of it.

gtfo.[/quote]

Full of it?

• Why the fark am I always defending myself on the site other body-building sites I never have this problem.[/quote]

read the info a bit more carefully. I have been lifting on and off the past 15 years, the last 3 of which were done regularly, and less than the last year of which was done 100% seriously and consistently. the last 6 months of bulking have produced my current stage of development.

your claims to privacy are BS in this age of easily accessible apps like movie editors and Photoshop. barring the use of editing, you could simply wear a ski mask in the vid if you wanted to disprove doubters.

you didn’t ask anyone to rate your lifts and call BS? next time, realize that a deadlift of 550 and a total around 1200 along with the ignorance present in your question sets off a red flag. your troll-fu needs improvement.[/quote]

The fact you think a 1200 total is unbelievable is the reason you haven’t made much progress in the last 19 years.

550 deadlift hard to believe?

Dude that’s only 2.5x my bodyweight.

lol. your reading comp fails. I’ll keep feeding you, troll.

I said your claims to that lift and total along with your ignorance of the topic at hand don’t jive.

and my failures are attributable to not eating, plain and simple. I’ve admitted as much all up and down my log and in the Beginner’s board.

anyway, good to know that I’ll be treating your posts as a source of entertainment from now on.

edit: just had a chuckle when I realized you’re implying that I’ve been lifting since I was 10. lollll.

Bunny, do you actually want advice or are you just having fun in here? Did you read my first post?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Bunny, do you actually want advice or are you just having fun in here? Did you read my first post?[/quote]

he’s been trolling on this site since he joined. he was all over the beginners forum for a long time trolling almost every thread. (at least I hope he’s trolling and not serious)

he came in with very little experience and pretty big claims and said he would never post a vid or pic to back his claims up.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Bunny, do you actually want advice or are you just having fun in here? Did you read my first post?[/quote]

he’s been trolling on this site since he joined. he was all over the beginners forum for a long time trolling almost every thread. (at least I hope he’s trolling and not serious)

he came in with very little experience and pretty big claims and said he would never post a vid or pic to back his claims up.[/quote]

What’s unfortunate about that is now there’s gonna be some well intentioned newbie who started off doing only compounds but had isolation work recommended to him by some big guy at his gym. He’s gonna come search the site for forums on the topic and this gem will pop up.

My apologise from the beginning because I haven’t learnt to multi post yet. :slight_smile:

@Fr01VNan age 10 is reasonable enough to start some bodyweight exercises ect. Little Hercules comes to mind :).

It took you that long to realise more calories=gains made easier?, Dude I’m not ignorant the pure fact that my account is almost a year old shows that I obviously have read some stuff on this site alone and I have been training for a while.

Ask me questions about body-building if you want I might be able to help.( or at least raise your lifts)

My lifts are not BS I swear it. Believe it or not I don’t care.

@jskrabac and Gregron.

Actually wanted some advice ( tips on the effectiveness of isolation vs compounds ) because personally I don’t really think isolations work for a natty trainee or at least not as well as compounds.(was hoping people would debate)

I didn’t come in with little experience. Most of my claims were legit, the 27 inch leg part is real with the waist ratio (perhaps slightly exaggerated)

Occasionally I would troll and some times I would post legitimately and troll and the same time. As a result I think the mods don’t let me post freely any more without reading my comment or something (I dunno lol) Otherwise I would be more inclined to actually contributing to helping someone else.

Here is my legitimate stats whether you believe or not without pictures.

Height 5’11.5 ( claim 6’1)
Weight about 200 lbs current.
Body fat bout 14 ATM

Bench touching chest and up 310 lbs (385 lbs half way down) I claim these stat’s when I can
Sqaut 250 lbs ATG (400 lbs above parralel)
Deadlift 550 lbs ( 550 )

Arms 16.5
Chest 44
Legs 26
Waist 27
Wrist 6.8

Natural occurring test levels.

1. ( A bit on the low side but I don’t really have a problem lifting heavier )

Future AAS user. ( With strong knowledge in pharmaceutical due to chosen career. )

That’s it now I hope you guys get this message.

Thanks.