When to Have a Protein Shake?

I workout hard for 40 mins, and then play basketball for an hour and a half. When do I take my protein shake. I don’t wanna do cardio with the shake sitting in my stomach, I think I’d get sick. Should I sip it during my workout? Thanks…

shake before lifting, gatorade during, pop some BCAA tabs after lifting, shake after basketball is probably what i’d do.

lol, if you can play basketball for 90min immediatly following your workout, you might wanna take a look at the whole ‘work hard’ description.

but yes, agree wholeheartedly with e99

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
lol, if you can play basketball for 90min immediatly following your workout, you might wanna take a look at the whole ‘work hard’ description.

but yes, agree wholeheartedly with e99[/quote]

No shit I can’t walk after legs, can’t lift my arms after upper. I doubt sprinting, dribbling, and shooting a ball would be remotely possible after a workout. Why don’t you lift on the days you don’t play and just have your shake immediately after and then a big hearty meal an hour after that?

I bust ass in the gym and then go play for my team. I play everyday after school so if you are here to just question my workout and brag that urs is better then please GTFO. i asked a simple question, why be an asshole?

[quote]Bigbertha92 wrote:
I bust ass in the gym and then go play for my team. I play everyday after school so if you are here to just question my workout and brag that urs is better then please GTFO. i asked a simple question, why be an asshole?[/quote]

No need to get upset, people are just trying to help.

I can’t imagine trying to play ball after leg training, either.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Bigbertha92 wrote:
I bust ass in the gym and then go play for my team. I play everyday after school so if you are here to just question my workout and brag that urs is better then please GTFO. i asked a simple question, why be an asshole?

No need to get upset, people are just trying to help.

I can’t imagine trying to play ball after leg training, either.[/quote]

X2

I don’t think anybody is questioning your work ethic OP, but damn… I can’t even breathe properly after working out. Even if its just after doing calves.

I’d take the shake before lifting and after basketball. Catabolism isn’t as serious as people make it out to be. Sometimes I don’t eat for hours straight, yet I still make great gains. As long as you’re getting calories in, it doesn’t really matter when you get them in.

Just my 2 cents.

I have no idea what kind of protein you are taking, although I would not get bloated after having some whey.

If you can afford BCAA’s go ahead and take E99s approach, if not man up and have it after you lift.