When to do GPP?

Hey guys, was just wondering if it’s also good to do some GPP work after weight training? Wouldnt it help with fat loss, as your glycogen stores are depleted? I’m doing steady state cardio on my off days, and wanted to add in some GPP.

Oh, and I forgot to add, yes I want to gain mass. But I’m adding the conditioning for health purposes.

[quote]Alex89 wrote:
Hey guys, was just wondering if it’s also good to do some GPP work after weight training? Wouldnt it help with fat loss, as your glycogen stores are depleted? I’m doing steady state cardio on my off days, and wanted to add in some GPP.[/quote]
“GPP” is a very misunderstood and misused term. If you’re already doing steady state cardio, what exactly is your idea of “GPP”?

For your goal, t doesn’t really matter when you do it. However, doing it immediately after yur weight training may burn more calories, which could make gaining size more difficult.

Since you’re already doing some kind of cardio on your off days, I don’t see the need to do even more work. Especially since I saw your other thread, where you mentioned not having been in the gym for 5 months. Any cardio/conditioning/whatever we call it will be beneficial.

Complexes, and treadmill sledwork. Maybe I’ll replace some of the steady state cardio by GPP work?

[quote]Alex89 wrote:
Complexes, and treadmill sledwork.[/quote]
That’s what I was wondering.

Not for nothing, but we have to remember that GPP is “general physical preparedness” - it’s any activity other than your specific sport which helps get you “in shape” to better participate in that sport. This is why so many people misuse the term.

Since you’re just looking to get healthy again, you could use anything. Treadmill work, steady state, hit a heavy bag, barbell/dumbbell complexes, whatever.

That would be fine, yep. A few sessions a week will be fine for your current goals. Since you’re trying to gain size, ether keep the intensity easy-ish, or if you feel like upping the intensity, consider having a small workout shake while training.

Thanks a lot Chris!