When to Add Weight & Supps?

So, how does one know when to add weight, should I just regularly every week or 2 try to add 5 pounds, is there some type of formula or just when I feel like I should ( Sounds like a bad idea ).

2 years ago when I lifted, I always took my creatine after and it seemed to work well. However I never use to drink protein shakes, is there a recommended before or after for these supplements ?

Thanks, sorry I come up with these questions daily.

this is what i did.

if i could incline press 65x10 reps and i felt like i could get 12 or 15 then i needed to add weight.
so i would move up to 70x10.

basically if your using a weight the last rep should be a decent struggle. if its not then you should be able to move up 5 lbs or so to get that struggle in.
its all based on feel on you can really determine this.

Keep a log. Every time you go to the gym you should try to break a personal record. Do one more rep or a higher weight every time on at least one exercise.

Your body starts to break down muscle druing exercise, it is very important to eat protein within an hour of your workout so the body starts building the muscle up.

Before you worry about supplements, you should have a great program and diet. This means you are eating clean with plenty of protein, good carbs, and vegetables.

You’ve gotten a program that is balanced and will meet your goals. If this is not straight, creatine is a waste of time and money.

[quote]LiamBrady wrote:
Keep a log. Every time you go to the gym you should try to break a personal record. Do one more rep or a higher weight every time on at least one exercise.

Your body starts to break down muscle druing exercise, it is very important to eat protein within an hour of your workout so the body starts building the muscle up.

Before you worry about supplements, you should have a great program and diet. This means you are eating clean with plenty of protein, good carbs, and vegetables.

You’ve gotten a program that is balanced and will meet your goals. If this is not straight, creatine is a waste of time and money.[/quote]

x2

Another way to progress is to decrease the rest period between sets. As long as you progress in a way every week (or 5 days, depending on your workout plan), then you’ll be fine. And the most important supplement is the pre/post workout shake (fast acting whey and carbs). Of course, make sure your diet must be solid as well.