When to Add in Bands/Chains

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:
Never. Unless you want to get weak.

Jason[/quote]

Interesting, I was under the assumption that a lot of you guys at EFS use bands/chains quite regularly. Maybe I’m misinformed or just terribly bad at deciphering sarcasm over the internet.

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

Jason[/quote]

hahahaa

you sonovabitch! lol

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

Jason[/quote]

x2 <3

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

Jason[/quote]

Please elaborate?
[/quote]

Experience.

Jason

Oh well, I’ll simply go with it and get my own experience, be it good or bad.

Jason, still working with Kiefer?

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Oh well, I’ll simply go with it and get my own experience, be it good or bad.

Jason, still working with Kiefer?[/quote]

i’ve been wondering why i’ve been getting so damn weak lately using bands:)

Short answer, yes.

But you’re six weeks out, you should transitioning into a peaking cycle. Basics.

I’ve never done this before as I said it’s my first meet, so unsure of any peaking cycles to base off of. Any suggestions?

Check out www.BandPegs.com to get some pegs for your rack.

Pretty cool but they are fixed. one needs to be able to spread the band pegs depending on the set up one needs.

Definitely good stuff BP, but as SD pointed out the fact that they are fixed limits their ability to be fixed to racks I’d say since not all racks have those dimensions.

Thanks for the comments. I think y’all are actually addressing 2 different things. One about the fixed placement of the pegs on the rack, and another about the fixed dimensions of the pegs - ie. they wouldn’t fit on every size rack (2x2, 3x2, 3x3, etc).

To answer the first question, I have attached a video. You’ll see it there, but to reiterate, depending on how they are attached, the pegs are easily able to move when manipulated at the rack. However, once some force is applied to the peg, it is locked into place. Obviously if you bolt the pegs into the ground (which is another function some are using them for - Bolting their rack down), then they are set.

For the second question, I think you are talking about the actual inside dimensions on the Band Pegs. I don’t think there is a cost effective way to make an adjustable band peg that would still fit right. If one were made, the price tag would match the amount of work that went into it. But, this is why we offer 4 “standard” sizes on the pegs, so you can match the rack you are planning to use them with. We stock pegs in 2x2, 2.5x2.5, 3x2, and 3x3, and can make custom sizes, although they take a little bit longer to send out since they have to be custom made.

www.BandPegs.com

Thanks for the input. I’ll be buying a pair for my rack quite soon.

looking at the pic i felt stupid because i couldnt see how they got on the rack, after going to the website it’s much easier to see that it’s two pieces. looks like an awesome product.