When the Thrill is Gone!

i don’t know what happened! i was at the peak of my training and every thing was going great.
suddenly it happened, i quit training for now reason I eat junk food 4-5 days a week ( it is always ready ). i had some problem breathing and with the help of the Doctor i am OK but still don’t have the thrill to train.

i can lie to my self and others about not having enough time but I can have time to train if I wanted. 3 training days a week are manageable. But the thrill is gone.
Can you help me?

nope. it’s on you.

go look at all the motivational pic threads on here.

You can only help your self. How bad do you want it?. Do you want to be just like every other average looking guy/girl with the skinny-fat look or even worse…obese. This happens often, sometime we lose the drive but you must find a reason to keep going. Being in shape is not easy physically nor mentally but the results sure pay off. Once again, how bad do YOU want it?.

lol.

I hope you get the trill back.

go play with ur moobs if u dont wana train.

[quote]nobody wrote:
i don’t know what happened! i was at the peak of my training and every thing was going great.
suddenly it happened, i quit training for now reason I eat junk food 4-5 days a week ( it is always ready ). i had some problem breathing and with the help of the Doctor i am OK but still don’t have the thrill to train.

i can lie to my self and others about not having enough time but I can have time to train if I wanted. 3 training days a week are manageable. But the thrill is gone.
Can you help me?
[/quote]

Simple: You burnt out.
You went out too hard, too fast.
Mental burn outs are worse than physical ones.
The best way to stay away from burn outs is:
-Rest days (entire days of rest)
-Keep high intensity (weight lifting) training sessions not longer than an hour
-Add some real cardio (jogging, biking, swimming, kayaking, all done OUTSIDE)

Being stuck on a treadmill day in day out will sap you of the will to train for sure.

Get on a plan (rippetoes or whatever you want) and always jot down everything you did. Do the same for cardio.
Training cannot be static. You always need to do something different or something harder.
Good luck.

Take a bunch of pix in posing trunks and post them in the Rate my Physique section.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
go play with ur moobs if u dont wana train.[/quote]

This really offers no positive encouragement. :wink:

A burnt out individual needs to find that mental spark again.

1. Take an entire week off (maybe even more). If you need a month, take a month off. A premature return will result in failure.
  2. Find some type of motivational speaker (this might not even have anything to do with exercise or bodybuilding whatsoever).
  3. Find motivational speakers on exercise.
  4. You can use youtube to your advantage.
  5. Read up on success stories.
  6. Look at bodybuilding pictures.
  7. But absolutely take time off; do not think about weight training for the time being.
  8. You must be mentally prepared before you ever get back on the horse.

EDIT: Also consider watching an uplifting film. Whether it’s action, romance, etc is not important. Maybe “Pursuit of Happyness”? “Rocky”?, etc. You might want to consider taking a break and implementing this thereafter. Possibly even consider meditation, yoga for spiritual healing.

[quote]strawberrysunday wrote:
Also consider watching an uplifting film. Whether it’s action, romance, etc is not important. Maybe “Pursuit of Happyness”? “Rocky”?, etc. You might want to consider taking a break and implementing this thereafter. Possibly even consider meditation, yoga for spiritual healing.
[/quote]

lol i hope you’re kidding, somehow I get the feeling you aren’t.

[quote]daneq wrote:
strawberrysunday wrote:
Also consider watching an uplifting film. Whether it’s action, romance, etc is not important. Maybe “Pursuit of Happyness”? “Rocky”?, etc. You might want to consider taking a break and implementing this thereafter. Possibly even consider meditation, yoga for spiritual healing.

lol i hope you’re kidding, somehow I get the feeling you aren’t. [/quote]

I think what strawberry is saying has some truth to it…

You know, I thought this was a troll job, and then I found out he’s been a member longer than I have, and has asked even worse newb questions than this.

Wow dude, that sucks. I’m with Ronaldo. If you want it, you get it. If you don’t want it, go fail with the fat housewives.

Good luck.

How about this, if you don’t get back to the gym, not only are you a quitter, the jackass doing curls with 10 lb dumbbells in the power cage is a better lifter then you.

get a coach and learn something new like throwing, wrestling or o-lifting. Change it up or get a new training partner that motivates you by slandering your masculinity. speaking of which:

Maybe your purse is just to heavy. Tell you what ill hold it while you go get your big girl panties and then head to the gym.

I’m a real fresh asshole like that. Good training fella,

-chris

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
How about this, if you don’t get back to the gym, not only are you a quitter, the jackass doing curls with 10 lb dumbbells in the power cage is a better lifter then you.[/quote]

If THAT isn’t motivation to go to the gym, I don’t know what is. Good one, haha.

Seriously, OP… No one can do this for you but YOU. The drive to make this transformation is what separates people from the crowd of your average skinny-fat/obese person.

My first foray into all this lasted a whopping month. It took me more than 6 months to start up again, but when I did, it was with a vengeance. I woke up one day, and now I love the Iron. I love the lifestyle, and I love the foods that I allow myself to eat.

I like to say the Marine Corps gave me confidence, but the Iron gave me Discipline.

Do it for YOU, because that’s the only person who’s gonna give a shit if you fail.

go get new PRs