When the Bigger Guy Challenges You

[quote]summa wrote:
Good job beating his ass. Anyone in an office environment who gives a shit about arm wrestling IMHO is trying to make the other person look bad. I am sure you embarassed him and shut him up for a while.[/quote]

Second! Plus the fact that you blew it off in front of just about every guy in your office for a year makes you look all that much better; shows you really didn’t have anything to prove to Icabod there and flattening him brought the point home to him, too.

You still suck, Scar.

First of all, WOW. Second of all, man I feel you on the arm-wrestling-suckineess. I am pretty tall- 6-2 and I ALWAYS lose at arm wrestling. Even when I am clearly the stronger guy. I think this just goes back to my crappy arm/grip strength combo. Congrats though on the win!!

Good show of strenght Rockscar.

Now, If you wanted to rub some salt in his wound, show him The Tits.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
You still suck, Scar.[/quote]

Only when I’m with you baby!

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
summa wrote:
Good job beating his ass. Anyone in an office environment who gives a shit about arm wrestling IMHO is trying to make the other person look bad. I am sure you embarassed him and shut him up for a while.

Second! Plus the fact that you blew it off in front of just about every guy in your office for a year makes you look all that much better; shows you really didn’t have anything to prove to Icabod there and flattening him brought the point home to him, too.[/quote]

Both of these points are exactly why it was so satisfying!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
You still suck, Scar.

Only when I’m with you baby![/quote]

You do give a good bj, but I’ll never return the favor ;p

[quote]ill wrote:
Short limbed people have a bigger chance of winning an arm wrestling fight…[/quote]

You bet. Im 5’7, and I ROUTINELY smash the hell out of guys over 6 ft, 220lbs or more. I havent lost an arm wrestling match in forever.

I’ll be honest, I was trained on the techniques by a competitive arm wrestler though :slight_smile:

Still, its a fun moment though

Usually when asked to arm wrestle (which I’m bad at) I say, “Let’s just skip that and wrestle for real or better yet, let’s just fight until someone’s knocked out.” They usually drop it after that.

[quote]hedo wrote:
You guys might be ready for Terry Tate office linebacker.[/quote]

I’ve had that shit emailed to me at work for the last year. Apparently, I am the designated lineman.

The best arm wrestling story I remember is a drunken compatriate of mine who was arm wrestling for money at a bar.

In his zeal to recruit worthy opponents, he would sweep everything off the table with his arm, and then slam it down saying, “Who wants to arm wrestle”.

Worked fine until he did it to a table…that two guys who were blowing coke off of. How much money was on his sleeve is something I’ve never been able to tell…

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Rockscar, are you in a band?

Call me a liar, but most guitar players have freaky strong grips, almost as much as mechanics.[/quote]

You’re not lying, I think there’s some truth to that. I’ve been playing the guitar for 15 years and have a freakishly strong grip in my left hand and I’m not left handed. That is my fret hand. Which I will make several thousand finger movements in a session.

Hmmmm… where did you find this out Barney?

check out the pro arm wrestling site its alot of technique ,he would look dumb if you smoked his ass.

[quote]Go heavy fool wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Call me a liar, but most guitar players have freaky strong grips, almost as much as mechanics.

You’re not lying, I think there’s some truth to that. I’ve been playing the guitar for 15 years and have a freakishly strong grip in my left hand and I’m not left handed. That is my fret hand. Which I will make sereral thousand finger movements in a session.

Hmmmm… where did you find this out Barney? [/quote]

A friend of mine down home was kind of an alcoholic loser, (who later took up a pot habit), and I could lift more of anything than he could, and pin him in wresslin very easy. He could out armwrestle me from sun up to sunrise, and could break bolts like a maniac. He twisted the lug nuts off (broke them off by tightening too much) with a 4 way on some old peice of shit cars for the fun of it one day. (not much to do in a town of 2000). He played guitar in a band several nights a week. That was my conclusion, and I have discovered by watching others that play guitar as well that they seem to have a strong grip.

BarneyFife wrote:

Call me a liar, but most guitar players have freaky strong grips, almost as much as mechanics.

You’re not lying, I think there’s some truth to that. I’ve been playing the guitar for 15 years and have a freakishly strong grip in my left hand and I’m not left handed. That is my fret hand. Which I will make several thousand finger movements in a session.

Hmmmm… where did you find this out Barney? [/quote]

I’ve been playing guitar for 9 years, and haven’t noticed anything special.

[quote]vision1 wrote:
Go heavy fool wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

I’ve been playing guitar for 9 years, and haven’t noticed anything special.[/quote]

Do you play fast lead …where your hand cramps up from the speed. I play alot of Satriani and my own progressions thats extremely fast and the forearm will even get a pump. Now I can understand getting nothing from chords or not really exercising the fingers at lightning fast pace. Even Joe’s hands would cramp up when he played live sometimes.

nice job on the arm wrestling.

i knew a guy who got “challenged” to an arm wrestling match. he lost but he managed to stink palm the guy who beat him. now that i think of it the ultimate would be winning AND stink palming the guy.

btw i don’t know about this guitar stuff. i’ve played classical for 15 years and while the fingers on my left hand are noticeably thicker than my right, especially the pinky, my grip is still stronger w/ the right hand. probably because i’m right handed.

if you’re cramping it’s a neural efficiency thing: you’re trying harder than you need to. i mean, unless you’re playing an l-5 or something, there’s really no more effort required to fret notes than used to type this message. no one’s going around saying " man i’m closing the #3 ever since i learned how to type".

[quote]swivel wrote:
nice job on the arm wrestling.

i knew a guy who got “challenged” to an arm wrestling match. he lost but he managed to stink palm the guy who beat him. now that i think of it the ultimate would be winning AND stink palming the guy.

btw i don’t know about this guitar stuff. i’ve played classical for 15 years and while the fingers on my left hand are noticeably thicker than my right, especially the pinky, my grip is still stronger w/ the right hand. probably because i’m right handed.

if you’re cramping it’s a neural efficiency thing: you’re trying harder than you need to. i mean, unless you’re playing an l-5 or something, there’s really no more effort required to fret notes than used to type this message. no one’s going around saying " man i’m closing the #3 ever since i learned how to type".[/quote]

That’s true your hand won’t cramp unless your trying for speed. My hand will only start to cramp during speed drills… and yes I play for 3-4 hours straight sometimes, somethings got to give. I could play classical and regular song chords for hours and not have a problem. But increasing your speed in during speed drills will just almost lock the fingers up. I practicly locked them up last night, I was playing speed exercises and scale progressions that would easily hit a thousand notes in just a few minutes.

I think its the type of finger exercising that you’re doing that would determine whether or not it will have any effect on your grip. I will have to agree with Barney and say that certain people(myself included) can have a stronger grip from playing the guitar.

vision1 wrote:
Go heavy fool wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

I’ve been playing guitar for 9 years, and haven’t noticed anything special.

Do you play fast lead …where your hand cramps up from the speed. I play alot of Satriani and my own progressions thats extremely fast and the forearm will even get a pump. Now I can understand getting nothing from chords or not really exercising the fingers at lightning fast pace. Even Joe’s hands would cramp up when he played live sometimes.[/quote]

I play mostly classical.

The only time I ever get a pump is on longer songs

Good job Rock, thats some good shit. Thats cool you didn’t give in, then totally beat him at his own game.

Now tell him you want coffee on your desk every morning when you get there, or else you’ll tear his arm completely off!