T Nation

When Should I Stop?

Hello T-Nation, I have been training for about 4 years now. Well, actually I have been training correctly for about 1 and a half years. I have packed on about 15 pounds of muscle onto my once 6 foot 175 pound frame. I now weigh close to 190 pounds and am 6 foot one.

I am currently about to finish an intermediate level Ian King designed workout and can now move to the advanced level. But I am noticing along with muscle I am gaining a bit of fat. Nothing to crazy, thanks to proper dieting I still stay in the 8%-12% range.

Now eventually I will have to do a fat loss program but I am wondering when to start. The advanced workout is about 27 weeks long and I am scared I may lose a lot of definition during it.

At what weight should a 6 foot person stop dieting to gain weight? I was thinking like 205 and then cutting fat for an end weight of 200 lbs. Should I do some fat loss now or after the workout. The workout does not recommend cardio because it inhibits Type 1 or type 2 muscle growth. I have 3 weeks left until I would be starting advanced please help. Also the workout came from a book called the book of muscle by mens health, but it is written by Ian King

What’s your goal? If its to look like Arnold than you have a long way to go. We don’t know what kind of body you want, so there is no right answer.

when you are as big as you want to be. Duh!
“When should I wipe my ass guys? Should I wait until I am done crapping or should i wipe it in between dropping logs?”

Stop when you are happy with your size, it sounds like your lean enough so you shouldn’t lose too much muscle when you cut.

Umm, why not try simply reducing your food intake by a little bit? With experimentation, you should be able to fing a level that allows you to build muscle but prevents you from gaining fat disproportionately.

Thanks for the help, I guess I was asking for those responses. True as they may be I guess I was just wondering if there was a weight commonly though to be the cut off before turning into a far guy. But you guys are right. I have my eyes set on 220 right now, lets see what I look like then