When Should I Drink My Weight Gainer

So I bought some weight gainer cuz im trying to bulk up and Im wondering if I should drink a whole serving all at once or spreasd it out through the day.I drink 3 protien shakes daily and a serving of this gainer is 3 scoops so im thinking i could just add a scoop to each one of my shakes or drink the whole thing at 2 oclock at work as I have a bit of a void in my diet around that time of the day.

I get to the gym at 4pm and the carbs and protien from the shake could benefit my lift but its alot to drink all at once.

store bought gainers suck
homemade FTW

Never. Seriously, weight gainers are junk.

the carbs in your weight gainer are probably all sugar. I would recommend you save it for after your workout.

its got 7 grams of fat and 5 grams of sugar,its not junk.

That Creatine you have in your cupboard has more sugar in it than this stuff.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:

That Creatine you have in your cupboard has more sugar in it than this stuff.[/quote]

Creatine has no sugar, unless you bought into marketing hype of course. But we don’t do that here at T-Nation. Ever.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:

That Creatine you have in your cupboard has more sugar in it than this stuff.[/quote]

how many grams of carbs though? it’s probably full of low-grade maltodextrin which will have similar effects as sugar on insulin levels. Go ahead though if you like it, but you can still make a healthier, better tasting one at home.

and my creatine has no sugar thanks

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

That Creatine you have in your cupboard has more sugar in it than this stuff.

how many grams of carbs though? it’s probably full of low-grade maltodextrin which will have similar effects as sugar on insulin levels. Go ahead though if you like it, but you can still make a healthier, better tasting one at home.

and my creatine has no sugar thanks[/quote]

OK explain,what do you recomend for a home made gainer.And excuse me creatine doesnt have any sugar but creatine with delivery is full of it.What type of creatine do you guys take

i drink a nice “gainer”, which i call a super shake. Protein powder, yoghurt, fruit, greens+/Superfood, etc. or things like cottage cheese, penut butter, flax seeds, oil, etc. Better quality powders, usually cheaper too. The calories are from better sources, fills you up more, and are actually healthy.

As of the current time creatine monohydrate is the only creatine worth taking. The rest charge inflated prices to sell you sugar. Seriously people there are some gems in the archives, have a look.

Just drink full cream milk. it’s dense in calories so its good for buiking. i usually have some lactase enzymes before drinking the milk.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
[/quote]

The whole point of pre-made gainers is to pack on calories with carbs. But just because its a commercially made gainer, doesn’t necessarily mean the carbs are all simple sugars nor does it mean its junk. For example this gainer’s carb sources come from low GI carbs (brown rice, sweet potato):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rtn/massbuilder.html

The point is there are decent gainers out there, just takes time to find them.

Add an extra meal of steak and potatos with 2 glasses of 2% milk.

I do NOT believe in weight gainer shakes at all regardless if its storebought or homemade.

[quote]Alex-P wrote:

I do NOT believe in weight gainer shakes at all regardless if its storebought or homemade. [/quote]

what, do you think they’re imaginary?

PB, chocolate milk (calorie countdown), yogurt, nuts, flax, protein powder, fruit (just an example of various ingredients), are a great way to pack in healthy calories

Yes, they do not exist! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve said it time and time again though, I just think its better to eat a real meal no powder ect.

[quote]Alex-P wrote:
Yes, they do not exist! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve said it time and time again though, I just think its better to eat a real meal no powder ect. [/quote]

ok, nix the protein powder then, it’s still “real” food

[quote]un33q wrote:
Just drink full cream milk. it’s dense in calories so its good for buiking. i usually have some lactase enzymes before drinking the milk.[/quote]

ditto but add eggs (raw) with it… bulk city baby.

Solid

[quote]Alex-P wrote:

I do NOT believe in weight gainer shakes at all regardless if its storebought or homemade. [/quote]

Yeah that sounds good,Everyday at 2 I will tell my boss im gonna take a half hour break so I can got eat some steak,that should be fine.

I allready eat alot but like my post said ihave avoid in my diet because of work.My lunch is from 11:00-11:45 and then we work strait till 3:30,then I go strait to the gym till 4:30-5:00 then home to eat.I snack on apples and peanuts but I need the calories from a gainer in the middle of the day to bulk.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Alex-P wrote:

I do NOT believe in weight gainer shakes at all regardless if its storebought or homemade.

Yeah that sounds good,Everyday at 2 I will tell my boss im gonna take a half hour break so I can got eat some steak,that should be fine.

I allready eat alot but like my post said ihave avoid in my diet because of work.My lunch is from 11:00-11:45 and then we work strait till 3:30,then I go strait to the gym till 4:30-5:00 then home to eat.I snack on apples and peanuts but I need the calories from a gainer in the middle of the day to bulk.[/quote]

Good call. I didn’t even think of that. Working at a gym as a trainer/manager, I can eat when I want. My clients though, it can be a tough thing, so shakes are very convenient.

Good info thanks guys.About the creatine,what types do you guys recomend I have been looking at betagen lately,What other kinds do you guys recomend and is betagen good stuff.

Wow, Betagen is old school EAS.
They’re products took a turn for the worse many years ago.

Biotest German Creatine is all you need along with some sugar, I throw mine into my Surge, yummy goodness.