Hey guys, I'm a 20 year old university student who has been training for 3 and a half years. I've been wanting to make a workout blog for awhile now, but I had been busy with copious amounts of school work. I figured this blog will allow me to stay on track, while also tracking my progress in a more linear way.
I've run 5/3/1 for roughly 3 years, while switching around the accessory lifts; reps, rep range and number of sets. I think i've somewhat found what works for me. feel free to join and check it out - constructive criticism is always appreciated!
I'll also add I take structural integrity and posture very seriously and begin every training session with a 45 minute foam roll and stretch to keep my joints, posture and muscular tension in check.
may/11/15 - Arms
began with a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill followed by my stretching routine:
- Start at head and work all the way down to feet
- Hold each stretching position for 30 seconds
- rest 15 seconds between each stretching position
- neck extensor and flexor stretch
- neck extensor and flexor rotation stretch
- shoulder flexor stretch
- shoulder adductor, extensor and retractor stretch
- shoulder protractor stretch
- wall elbow extensor stretch
- elbow extensor tricep brachii stretch
- bicep supinator stretch
- wrist stretch (hit every angle by laying on mat and alternating)
Stage 1 Heavy/explosive emphasis
Bicep BB curl Drop set -------- Ezcurl-bar pullover press
Stage 2 Volume
Incline curl -------- Tri Db curl
Stage 3 negative emphasis
Band hammer bar curl -------- vbar cable extension