When Public Transportation Strikes

It pretty much grinds the city to a halt. In Toronto, the TTC just decided to go on strike as of midnight. I can’t explain how many people will be stuck downtown with no way to get home. Cab drivers are masturbating at the thought right now.

I seriously think these guys shouldn’t be allowed to strike, especially with the shit lines Toronto already has.

:@:@:@:@:@

Not to mention an increase in drunk drivers…

Wow…I thought that they were good to go as of Sun…at least it’s not Monday…

Also: Buses suck around me… So I drive. If I lived a bit closer to the city (5-10 min), it’d be much better, but I don’t, so
I drive.

crossing my fingers for the strike to extend through monday. my 2 exams get deferred this way :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]C-Bonics wrote:
crossing my fingers for the strike to extend through monday. my 2 exams get deferred this way :P[/quote]

Bah, speak for yourself. The TTC totally cockblocked me this weekend.

London tube workers do it once or twice a year and London is complete chaos. I will not travel then and will take the time off or work from home.

Really sucks in a city that size. Riding a bike is pretty much out of the question, not to mention dangerous.

So I guess you’re screwed for the weekend. Hope you can at least walk to your gym.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Really sucks in a city that size. Riding a bike is pretty much out of the question, not to mention dangerous.

So I guess you’re screwed for the weekend. Hope you can at least walk to your gym.[/quote]

It’s across the street from my house :stuck_out_tongue:
If you’re familiar with Toronto at all, I live outside the actual city though and we have our seperate bus lines. So I’m all good.

why havent they made TTC an essential service yet.

with all the bitching that the city and governments are doing about improving the trasit system, whats the point when this BS goes on.

this is the single reason why toronto traffic will forever be hell.