When it is Time to Move on to Another Program

title says it all really, there is a post on pendlay on the same topic that is very similar to my own and wouldnt mind some thoughts

link to the other thread

pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=6891

follow what is suggested in that thread already, and have an honest talk with your coach about your thoughts.

I can’t imagine that it would be an easy choice, but for me it would depend on results. if I was doing absolutely everything that my coach asked of me, and was not progressing, then I’d move on.

by the way, check your PM’s, I replied and you’ll probably find it interesting.

I wouldn’t be so quick to replace your coach. If you have concerns about your current programme and progress just talk to them about it.

I only recently learned that a lot of the top russian and chinese lifters write their own programmes. And the coaches are there to tweak things and discuss things with them. So if you have an idea of where you want your training to go, maybe write a template programme and take it to your current coach and see what he thinks. If you haven’t been making progress with your current programme and you give good reasons for the exercises/set/rep schemes in the new programme I’m sure your coach will be open to experimenting

The SYYYYYYSTEM.

I followed my coaches programmes for 6yrs then I went solo style. His programmes were too long and were taking too much time to do. The % were to high, reps and sets were killing me. Uni had basically crushed my training stamina that I had built up for 3yrs pre Uni.

I’m doing my own thing and following David Woodhouse system.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
The SYYYYYYSTEM.
[/quote]

Note the number of Y’s. I’m sure that’s important somehow.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
The SYYYYYYSTEM.
[/quote]

Note the number of Y’s. I’m sure that’s important somehow.[/quote]

Oh it is :smiley:

Koing

Its time to change when you see no results when there is no reason why you shouldn’t. after giving the coaches program time to work if you don’t see results then something has to change. i started working with my coach 3 months after last years university’s where i got 113kg and 131kg. 3 macrocycles with my new coach and a year later i got 115kg and 135kg. at my level and age the increases should have been much greater.

after some great progress initially the reps and sets and lack of proper recovery time took its toll and injuries keep coming and coming. i still follow everything she said and had a few conversations with her about it but she refused to admit that anything was wrong with her ‘wonderful’ program and that it was what the best lifters did so i needed to do it. after university’s and all my numbers dropping and constant injury i decided it was time to move on