T Nation

When is Your Next Comp?

I’ll probably do the team comp 2 men and 1 girl on the 10th April at Bethanal Green. I’ll just train through it and see what I have. I’ve started a 5 week strength cycle of just getting stronger, jacking up my DL, some muscle snatchs, push press. I’ll transition 5 weeks of power lifts and the final 6 weeks of full lifts

The 26th June at the British in Scotland.

Probably do a club comp sometime between then and the 1st Saturday of December for the London Open.

Koing

Weird that nobody’s posting in this thread . . .

I’ve got Western Canadians coming up here on March 27th. After that, Canadian Nationals are on May 22 I believe. It’ll be my first time taking a crack at either. I think there’s a local club meet the week after nationals that I might do, just because it’s in my hometown and it’ll be the only real chance for most people I know to see me compete live (assuming they want to . . .). After that, who knows.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
Weird that nobody’s posting in this thread . . .

I’ve got Western Canadians coming up here on March 27th. After that, Canadian Nationals are on May 22 I believe. It’ll be my first time taking a crack at either. I think there’s a local club meet the week after nationals that I might do, just because it’s in my hometown and it’ll be the only real chance for most people I know to see me compete live (assuming they want to . . .). After that, who knows.[/quote]

Also I’ll be back on to the Russian Routine after the British!

Koing

My next one isn’t for several months, so in the meantime I’ve been enjoying training at a heavier (than normal) bodyweight. Hopefully I’ll be able to qualify for Nationals that are in June.

Canadian Westerns on March 27. If I do well there, Canadian Nationals in May.

Don’t know, first I have to get my fat ass near 105kg! lol.

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
My next one isn’t for several months, so in the meantime I’ve been enjoying training at a heavier (than normal) bodyweight. Hopefully I’ll be able to qualify for Nationals that are in June.[/quote]

What do you need in the 85’s?

Towards the end of being an 85 I was struggling to cut to 85kg AND LIFT WELL :(. I was training okay at 87-88 but the cut was destroying me towards the end. Early on it was easy and I did 116/142 @ 83.5kg back in 2007!!! But then for the next 27months I had no PB’s :frowning:

Koing

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Canadian Westerns on March 27. If I do well there, Canadian Nationals in May.[/quote]

Hows training been?

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Canadian Westerns on March 27. If I do well there, Canadian Nationals in May.[/quote]

Hows training been?

Koing[/quote]

Pretty good for the last two weeks. I live in Vancouver, so we had a two week break from school for the Olympics, just trained, ate, and slept like an animal for 2 weeks. Now I’m back at school and the training was going alright till I got sick two days ago, but I’m back on track now.

Been seeing good progress, Snatched 100kg (2.5kg PR), PC’d 110(5kg PR), Jerked 125 (7.5kg PR), and Squats feel alot stronger. I basically have to slap on like 5kg onto both lifts and I’ll punch my ticket for National Champs.

Goal is 120/140 by the end of the year, the former being a Provincial Record. w00t w00t.

Good job at getting it done dude. Going to be able to face off against the frenchies soon. 100kg is big milestone snatch, esp at your weight.

Ive got my next comp at the end of april. Ideally i want to do a 110/140 in that one as im at 103.5/130 right now. I just gotta sty mad consistent like Invictia. I boycott injuries now.

-chris

[quote]Invictica wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

Hows training been?

Koing[/quote]

Pretty good for the last two weeks. I live in Vancouver, so we had a two week break from school for the Olympics, just trained, ate, and slept like an animal for 2 weeks. Now I’m back at school and the training was going alright till I got sick two days ago, but I’m back on track now.

Been seeing good progress, Snatched 100kg (2.5kg PR), PC’d 110(5kg PR), Jerked 125 (7.5kg PR), and Squats feel alot stronger. I basically have to slap on like 5kg onto both lifts and I’ll punch my ticket for National Champs.

Goal is 120/140 by the end of the year, the former being a Provincial Record. w00t w00t. [/quote]

Whats your bodyweight and height? 20kg on to the Snatch is a big jump! Go get it man! It took me agesssssss to get from 100 to 120. 100-110 wasn’t too bad and from 110-115 and 116 was okay then it took another 27months from 116 to 120! doh!

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

Hows training been?

Koing[/quote]

Goal is 120/140 by the end of the year, the former being a Provincial Record. w00t w00t. [/quote]

Whats your bodyweight and height? 20kg on to the Snatch is a big jump! Go get it man! It took me agesssssss to get from 100 to 120. 100-110 wasn’t too bad and from 110-115 and 116 was okay then it took another 27months from 116 to 120! doh!

Koing[/quote]

Koing havent you seen any of invictus’ vids? He’s a 77 with the perfect asian femurs for lifting. He’s western canada’s great tanned hope LOL :wink: We in the west have to make it a decent fight at least in the next few years.

-chris

[quote]Koing wrote:What do you need in the 85’s?
Koing[/quote]

QT for 85s is 258. I’m kind of in the same boat in terms of bodyweight and strength for my frame, so a move up to 94s may be inevitable

[quote]Avocado wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

Hows training been?

Koing[/quote]

Koing[/quote]

Koing havent you seen any of invictus’ vids? He’s a 77 with the perfect asian femurs for lifting. He’s western canada’s great tanned hope LOL :wink: We in the west have to make it a decent fight at least in the next few years.

-chris[/quote]

I’ve probably seen his videos but I can’t remember. You guys have f0cking weird usernames :stuck_out_tongue: and they probably don’t match your youtube account names either :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]dfreezy wrote:

Koing[/quote]

QT for 85s is 258. I’m kind of in the same boat in terms of bodyweight and strength for my frame, so a move up to 94s may be inevitable[/quote]

If you keep improving then stay mate. I wasn’t and I basically got f0cked with the cutting as nearer the end I wasn’t able to cut without losing far too much strength as an 85. Making weight is one thing but making weight whilst holding on to strength was another thing entirely.

Whats your best in comp?

Koing

[quote]dfreezy wrote:

Koing[/quote]

QT for 85s is 258. I’m kind of in the same boat in terms of bodyweight and strength for my frame, so a move up to 94s may be inevitable[/quote]

Crazy, the qualifying total for my weight class for Canadian nationals is 258 as well. Except I’m a 105.

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

Hows training been?

Koing[/quote]

Koing[/quote]

Comp weight is 77, training weight is 80, bout 5’6-7. Yea, I figure I still have tons of room for progress since I haven’t even been lifting for a year, or so my coach says. We’ll see, gotta shoot for the stars to get to the moon you know.

[quote]Invictica wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Invictica wrote:

Hows training been?

Koing[/quote]

Koing[/quote]

Comp weight is 77, training weight is 80, bout 5’6-7. Yea, I figure I still have tons of room for progress since I haven’t even been lifting for a year, or so my coach says. We’ll see, gotta shoot for the stars to get to the moon you know.
[/quote]

I see mate!

Koing

my next big one is probably Garden State Games, hopefully being a lightweight 94kg lifter, and ‘defend’ my gold medal last year lol.

[quote]Koing wrote:Whats your best in comp?
[/quote]
115/140 in Nov. last year

[quote]dfreezy wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:Whats your best in comp?
[/quote]
115/140 in Nov. last year[/quote]

I see mate.

Start heavier next time man! Your good for more!!!

Koing