When Is T-Nation's Super Program Coming Out?

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
There are more efficent ways to build muscle than the “basics”. Also what the basics are from me to you differ. “Eat and lift progressivley, stick to the basics.” Does the discussion end there? HELL NO! Maybe for you but not for me. This advice is echoes of what Professor X tells 180 pound stalled newbs may be great advice for them but not for someone who already know’s that and know’s what their doing.

Sheep stop echoing other people’s advice be original, have something smart to say. Or ANYTHING to say just make it your own. There are many ways to train for strength and muscle growth and it’s getting old that seemingly every thread people will kill by echoing “just eat and lift progressivley”. Ummm thanks for nothing. My knowledge has begun to stall because of comments like this where discussion get’s halted. Please stop.[/quote]

Good post.

Basics aside, there is something to be said for getting a look at an “Ultimate Program” (or whatever the hell it is being advertised as) designed by a top coach in the industry.

If you really think there is nothing at all you can glean from a peek into a program CT has, from what I understand, been devoting significant time to… then you’re either suffering from Knowitallitis or are worried more about finding stores that sell XXXL T-shirts.

It probably won’t reinvent the wheel in regards to bodybuilding, but it sure as shit ain’t gonna be worthless.

There are more efficent ways to build muscle than the “basics”. Also what the basics are from me to you differ. “Eat and lift progressivley, stick to the basics.” Does the discussion end there? HELL NO! Maybe for you but not for me. This advice is echoes of what Professor X tells 180 pound stalled newbs may be great advice for them but not for someone who already know’s that and know’s what their doing.

Sheep stop echoing other people’s advice be original, have something smart to say. Or ANYTHING to say just make it your own. There are many ways to train for strength and muscle growth and it’s getting old that seemingly every thread people will kill by echoing “just eat and lift progressivley”. Ummm thanks for nothing. My knowledge has begun to stall because of comments like this where discussion get’s halted. Please stop.[/quote]

Let me just apologize then for following the basics and getting up to 240 pounds of BW, with a 360 pound bench press and being only 18 years old.

I started growing when I stopped following training programs and started lifting smart. 4 exercises per bodybpart 3-4 sets,making sure my weight was going up as often as possible.

I don’t need CT to tell me this in his program.

Hey hey hey that’s great congrats on all of your accomplishments. I’m happy for you. But you think 4 exercises per bodypart 3-4 sets was what made you start growing? You already know it was that you ate yourself up to 240 pounds that allowed you to get your numbers up on your other lifts… Not your smart training of 3-4 sets 4 exercises per bodypart.

Maybe you lift with great intensity? Intensity is key as fair as training, I know that and so do you. Take that same intensity/diet of yours to better training methods that force even more out of you and tear you up even more maybe you would be sitting at 250 with a 405 pound bench. Is there anything about training you would like to talk about or think you might want to learn more about? Anything new you might want try? Do you like fishsticks?

Sooooo someone “who knows exactly what he’s doing” pines for someone else to tell him exactly what he needs to do?

Gotcha. thanks for clearing that up.

may be great advice for them but not for someone who already know’s that and know’s what their doing.[/quote]

Do you like fishsticks?[/quote]

LOL

I’ve been waiting to use that one!

[quote]anonym wrote:
LilDaDDyDreW wrote:

Sheep stop echoing other people’s advice be original, have something smart to say. Or ANYTHING to say just make it your own. There are many ways to train for strength and muscle growth and it’s getting old that seemingly every thread people will kill by echoing “just eat and lift progressivley”. Ummm thanks for nothing. My knowledge has begun to stall because of comments like this where discussion get’s halted. Please stop.

Good post.

Basics aside, there is something to be said for getting a look at an “Ultimate Program” (or whatever the hell it is being advertised as) designed by a top coach in the industry.

If you really think there is nothing at all you can glean from a peek into a program CT has, from what I understand, been devoting significant time to… then you’re either suffering from Knowitallitis or are worried more about finding stores that sell XXXL T-shirts.

It probably won’t reinvent the wheel in regards to bodybuilding, but it sure as shit ain’t gonna be worthless.[/quote]

x3. I normally don’t read any of the articles that come out but if people are going to be criticized for wanting to talk about certain programs then I’m not sure we’ll have a whole lot to talk about on this forum…

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Sooooo someone “who knows exactly what he’s doing” pines for someone else to tell him exactly what he needs to do?

LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
may be great advice for them but not for someone who already know’s that and know’s what their doing.

[/quote]

Tribunaldude if your going to quote me than quote me right bro no one used the word “exactly”. There is still alot more to know and I want to learn it that’s why I’m here.

Why post a misquoted sarcastic and therefore useless comment? I notice you joined May of 2008 and have 2,160 comments. I now see how that may be possible. Is your goal to reach 3,000 posts by the end of the month? Keep it up, your on your way.

Just to add to my post count (required for quick migration to Canada)

this is what you’re trying to say:
you’re an intermediate (by your own standards) - and thus don;t want to be treated like a beginner. Fair enough.

Now offhand a question like this would USUALLY pop up from either:

1. Someone out to create a buzz about a bnew product for whatever reason.
  2. A rank beginner, usually clueless.

I love reading the articles as well as discussing shit with other bbers mostly because I like to discuss different MOVEMENTS, or newer machines, or different execution styles (with other people whose goal is NOT necessarily to have an impossibly huge “big 3” but those who want to have enough muscle to look like they have a ridiculously high “big 3”).

Thats where things are evolving, there are better machines, better exercises, more developed execution styles and principles - and such information (which is all you need to keep abreast of int his area) is freelly available in past articles as well but MOSTLY in various threads created by experienced lifters on here as well as different forums and/or by conversing with some of us who’ve been around for a while.
Many years back i learnt about the HS machines (chest and row), just a few eyars back I figured out that the lats engage in a back movement ONLY if you allow the weigth to “stretch you out” before you begin - barely a few months back I found that performing my pulldowns between two cable stacks with a loose wrist allows me to train my back almost exclusively barely bringing my arm flexors into the equation.

Most experienced lifters are around to discuss things like this movements, styles, recovery protocols, “supplementation” (I mean REAL supps, if you get my drift), joint-protection, so and so.
I can;t think of anyone other than a beginning lifter “waiting” for a super program to be announced. Its almost as funny as the 150 pound dudes ont he supplements forum waiting breathlessly for the release of anaconda. Thats why you’re drawing flack.

No doubt most of us will read the article if and when it is released - but if you’re eagerly waiting for it, it sends a different signal about yoru training age/sucess to some of us. Thats all.

I don;t think anyone will post on this thread to argue with you any more so have at it - just out of curiosity, are you of south-asian/indian descent?

tribunaldude wrote:

LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
may be great advice for them but not for someone who already know’s that and know’s what their doing.

Tribunaldude if your going to quote me than quote me right bro no one used the word “exactly”. There is still alot more to know and I want to learn it that’s why I’m here.

Why post a misquoted sarcastic and therefore useless comment? I notice you joined May of 2008 and have 2,160 comments. I now see how that may be possible. Is your goal to reach 3,000 posts by the end of the month? Keep it up, your on your way.[/quote]

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

Think about it, no offense to CT, but it’s just going to be either some fad workout, or something everyone already knows.

[/quote]

I think you guys are in for a shock then. First it’s not program but PROGRAMS. And the biggest bang will not be the programs so much as the way they will be presented and options given.

Trinbuldude great man… everything you said I like to read and discuss about as well. Looser wrists for more back work because the forearms and arms aren’t recruited, great. That’s a tip I’ll have to try Thanks.

I simply asked if anyone knows when this T-Nation project is coming out. Give a straight answer or an idea of what it’s about or don’t say anything at all. Dont misquote someone with sarcasam. When I see a douche bag comment and I see the person who wrote it joined less than a year ago and has 3,000 posts. It’s like whose this douche guy who lives online and just writes pointless shit all day… Your obviously a proud member of this site with your 3,000 posts why knock something that people on this site are working on to help you for free? Douche homie…

No one will post to argue on this thread with me no more because they all left with nothing more to say. Why? Because it’s a valid question. My powers of rhetoric are also great.

"No doubt most of us will read the article if and when it is released - but if you’re eagerly waiting for it, it sends a different signal about yoru training age/sucess to some of us. Thats all. "

Dude my training age and success is just fine. But let’s say it wasn’t you going to bash someone over it? To me that shows a lack of success and training in YOUR part. Or more importantly a lack of character.

To answer your question I am caucasian/hispanic. And wouldn’t want it any other way.

I am not curious about your decent and will not ask because I don’t care.

Thib looking forward to the project! Good job on the get jacked fast E-book everyone sounds happy with it.

Fucking wow. Losers.

When I see a douche bag comment and I see the person who wrote it joined less than a year ago and has 3,000 posts. It’s like whose this douche guy who lives online and just writes pointless shit all day… Your obviously a proud member of this site with your 3,000 posts why knock something that people on this site are working on to help you for free? Douche homie…

[/quote]

I’ve stuck up for you on this thread a couple times, but this is quite the douchey comment. Some of us have jobs where we are online all day long, hence the higher post counts.

I am definitely looking forward to this new program. While most of us “know the basics” of eating and lifting, knowing and doing are 2 different things. For me, having a detailed workout and nutrition plan is very helpful and effective.

I am particularly enthusiastic regarding CT’s involvement in this. Between the workout program he wrote for Berardi’s website and the Get Jacked program, I have made larger strides in muscle growth, strength and body composition over the last 5 months than I have since I started lifting.

Personally, I thrive on having a plan and following it to the letter. I’m imagining there will be a “choose your own adventure” type element to it (similar to the various configurations of the V-diet workout program) encompassing not just the lifting portion of the program, but dietary portion as well, which will enable the trainee to tailor the program to their goals and their body comp.