When Is It a FETISH?

By now you guys know that I’ve been BLOWN AWAY by the “Fat People Think Tank” Thread, and that there are ACTUALLY people whom have the dual goals of 1) becoming as morbidly obese as possible and 2) becoming immobile.

There also is this sexual obsession with rolls of fat.

My question for “The Nation” is this: when do we cross over into the realm of something being a “fetish”?

I like petite women with cute butts (therefore my post about Jamie and Nikki of “Next Door Nikki” fame).

Is THAT a “fetish”? Is it an “obsession”? or is it just a healthy “preference”?

Is a “fetish” a form of “obsession”?

When is the “line” crossed?

The Forum is open!

Mufasa

Dang!

I read my post and realized that I sounded like George Costanza!

Anyway…!

The Forum is OPEN!

Mufasa

I dont think a fetish has to be an obsession, although it can reach a point where it is one.

Also, a fetish is something you see to be sexually gratifying. So, a nice ass might not be one since 99.99% of guys think [nice] asses are a turn on.

Two paw prints on a girls ass, though, might be a fetish for you. It’d be considered a fetish because a paw print tattoo usually wouldnt be considered ‘sexually gratifying.’

I believe Fetish is the step above kinky.

But by definition a real fetish either is a sexual interest that has a unique community AND/OR a sexual obsession that could be qualified as a mental disease.

Kinky: cheap handcuffs, exciting underwear, spanking

Special Interest Fetish: Lots of Leather, Roleplaying

Mental Disease Fetish: that fat website, pissing, snuff films

fetishes are basically odd interests or obsessions.

(We should ALL still be willing to learn…!)

I’m readin’ 'ya, guys!

So…if what I was ONLY turned on by Nik were her Paw Tats…then THAT may be considered a “fetish”?

Do “snuff” films and this “obesity/immobility” thing even go beyond “fetish”?

Great stuff! Thanks guys!

Keep the thoughts coming!

Mufasa

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I dont think a fetish has to be an obsession, although it can reach a point where it is one.

Also, a fetish is something you see to be sexually gratifying. So, a nice ass might not be one since 99.99% of guys think [nice] asses are a turn on.

Two paw prints on a girls ass, though, might be a fetish for you. It’d be considered a fetish because a paw print tattoo usually wouldnt be considered ‘sexually gratifying.’[/quote]

Yea, I’d agree with this, but there are some fetishes that are more common than others, so I guess it would be hard to judge.

I’ve heard a foot fetish is a pretty common one, but I can’t stand feet, and would prefer not to look at them if possible. Clean, soft feet would be tolerable, but never really attractive to me.

A fetish that I personally love, is stockings or pantyhoes. A chick in a nice office suit, with a short skirt and some hoes…mmmmm. I’ve heard that’s a fetish, but can’t imagine anyone not liking it (because I do like it so much), but I heard Howard Stern comment about how much he hates them, and to him, it reminds him of old ladies, and many guys on the show agreed with him.

And speaking of old ladies…well, not too old, but I do like me a “mature” woman, if she keeps her body up, but I’ve heard of some guys think some of the older chicks I like, would make them sick to look at in a sexual way.

For some reason, liking brunettes over blonds, or blonds over brunettes doesn’t seem to be a fetish. Weird.

it’s a fetish when an object can turn you on.

Maybe it’s a fetish when a large number of people think you are a deviant?

“One man’s deviance is another man’s normalcy?”

(…or something like that…)

Mufasa

…or “fetish” if it’s a pre-occupation that prevents us from “normal” (that word again!) activities of daily living?

Mufasa

techincaly everything we prefer is a fetish

I think the word fetish is related to to many fucked up things fantasyfeeder and such

[quote]An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.
[/quote]

aparently Im wrong

A fetish is when your sexual object is no longer another person, but rather a non-genital bodypart or a physical object. Note that I say your “sexual object;” that is, your primary erotic response is tied to the object or bodypart. It is no longer a mere preference.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
A fetish is when your sexual object is no longer another person, but rather a non-genital bodypart or a physical object. Note that I say your “sexual object;” that is, your primary erotic response is tied to the object or bodypart. It is no longer a mere preference.[/quote]

Good definition. I like women with cute feet. However, I don’t “prefer” feet over the more common sexual or erotic parts of a woman. I just like it when a woman has herself together AND nice feet. Therefore, I don’t have a foot fetish…because I don’t want to fuck her feet.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
A fetish is when your sexual object is no longer another person, but rather a non-genital bodypart or a physical object. Note that I say your “sexual object;” that is, your primary erotic response is tied to the object or bodypart. It is no longer a mere preference.[/quote]

So, even liking, and getting turned on by a great pair of legs would be a fetish?

I guess it could, since the foot thing could be considered the same (though, not to me).

I would include the butt in with a body part that is meant, by it’s shape, to turn on the member of the opposite sex (shaped like the breast shape us men are attracted to, and a show of thrusting ability/sexual reminder to women), at least according to a human sexuality special I saw on TV once (they actually showed a nipple getting erect with a thermal camera showing the way heat gets transfered to different areas, and I was a young teen so I was paying attention).

Technicly its a fetish when your attracted to something not strictly procreational.
So even lovin’ the tit would possibly be a fetish.
Personally I’d say there are no fetishes, just some things that are more common than others. People are gonna be into what their into, which doesn’t mean its not gross or wrong if its hurtful.

Who cares what it is, the girl is bangin

Its a fetish when it grosses me out.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
So, even liking, and getting turned on by a great pair of legs would be a fetish?[/quote]

Not strictly speaking. We use “fetish” colloquially to mean a bodypart for which we have some erotic fixation. We also use it to refer to paraphilia, in many cases.

But a real fetish transforms the object of sexual attention, which is usually the person, into a part of the body or a physical thing. With a fetish, you are attracted to the foot, or a shoe, or a hand - not the woman. And before you make a boob joke, this is also a habitual issue. So meeting one woman whose only redeemable asset is a particular body part doesn’t count.

Remember, the original meaning of a fetish is an object revered as divine, or believed to be inhabited with a spirit and possessed of magical powers. The terminology was chosen for a reason.