When Icing An Area...

You ever get them red, kinda itchy bumps after you ice an area? They ain’t like mosquito bites or nothin’, but like little blotches of skin rising up? I ain’t scared about it all or nothin, I was just wonderin’. Always kinda weird to me

How long are you icing the area?

Do you apply the ice directly, or use something like a cryo cup or a towel even?

I use like a couple paper towels. Anything more and it’s not really cold enough for me. If it ain’t cold as hell I just don’t believe it’s working and it’s a waste of my time. Leads to not being able to feel anything rubbing up against the skin for half an hour though lol

Looks like the OP’s name fits.

[quote]AssClown wrote:
I use like a couple paper towels. Anything more and it’s not really cold enough for me. If it ain’t cold as hell I just don’t believe it’s working and it’s a waste of my time. Leads to not being able to feel anything rubbing up against the skin for half an hour though lol[/quote]

Its not normal. placing ice directly on your skin and just allowing it to sit there is dangerous as it can `burn’ the skin and damage muscle tissue. The paper towel is really too thin to provide any protection.

You can buy a rubber ice bag from the drug store for 6 or 7 bucks. or use a thick Ziploc bag, even wrapping the ice in a hand towel would be better. Or freeze ice in a plastic cup and use that to rub it over the area.

If you are serious though. Yes, use a towel. You are just trying to cool the muscles a little bit to temporarily constrict blood flow, not give it frostbite.

I never used a towel or anything because I can barely feel the cool through it, but I guess I better start. I kinda got the mentality the more you feel it the better