When I grow up, I want to be an Alicorn

Monday
Cardio

25 minute run/walk
Roughly 1.5 miles

Moving slow this morning. Feeling like a Monday! Breezy and 60F.

Weekend
Rocked hard and stayed up late. Checked off two new trails.

She’s a Butte.

Night shot! When you go on a new trail, and decide it is a good idea to start at 1600. Said new trail is slow and we adveraged 2mph. We finished the trail at 2000, stopped and made dinner in a wash. Washes are a bad idea in the desert, but it was one od the only places wide enough to pull off. It would have been large enough to set uo the tent too, but something in my gut told me not to camp there. I can get weird with sleep spots.
After dinner we head for our planned exit. After a few miles of wash, we reach the trail to climb out. It had recently suffered a rock slide and was impassable. So we back-tracked through many miles of wash to get to another, easier trail than the one we came in on. Adveraged maybe 3mph out. Ended up wheeling until 0230. Made it back to a small pull off, shut the truck down, leaned the seats back and passed out until 0800. It was awesome!

13 Likes

God damnit lol

Really pretty though, I’m currently reading Cadillac Desert and it talks a lot about the West, I miss it.

2 Likes

I had too, my humor is basically just a bunch of dad-level jokes :laughing:

I can’t imagine living here then moving away. I almost wouldn’t have hobbies anymore!

1 Like

Tuesday AM
Cardio

25 minutes, 1.5 miles
Run/walk intervals - 3 minutes

Feeling more awake and recovered this morning. Pace was the same as yesterday but felt way easier. Thunderstorms looming on the horizon. Love some good spring time convective activity.

Weigh in
149 - down 1lb from last week.
Yay! Finally going the right direction after weeks of holding flat or going up. Even though I ate more last week. Weight is weird.

11 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Tuesday PM
DB & Prowler Fest W2D1

Floor Dumbbell Press - 3 x 12 x 40
SS
3-Point Dumbbell Row 3 x 15 x 35

Military Dumbbell Press - 3 x 15 x 15
SS
Single KB Sumo DL - 3 x 15 x 80

DB RDL 3 x 15 x 35s
SS
Dumbbell Curl - 20, 15, 15 x 15s

Prowler:
Round = 50ft push, 50ft pull (hip strap)
2 rounds - 225lb + prowler
1 round - 180 + prowler
1 round - 135 + prowler

Upped the weight on the sumo DL (not really sure what to call them). These are basically a squat/DL holding the bell below my waist, squating down until it touches the ground, then going up. Holding the KB below my waist is fine on my back. It is basically a belt squat, but holding the KB.
Holy crap the prowler was heavy today. It had 5 plates on it and we just ran with it. Well. Walked slowly.

10 Likes

Wednesday
Cardio

30 minutes
Run/walk intervals - 1.75 miles

60F and sunny. Perfect again, loving that we are actually having a spring. It usually lasts about 2 days then jumps to 100.
Feeling recovered from the late night this weekend. Only had 5 hours sleep Sunday as well. I don’t know how those of you that get only a few hours of sleep at night function. Looking at you @Andrewgen_Receptors

11 Likes

Getting into the mentality of “the only way out is through” tends to help, but I wouldn’t recommend that anyone do what I’m doing.

1 Like

Damn.

2 Likes

must be all that training she gets pushing the jeep out of the sand. LOL

2 Likes

Simo! I can’t believe you think the mighty Jeep gets stuck!

3 Likes

If it doesn’t get bogged you just aren’t trying hard enough. LOL

2 Likes

Heya,

I will share with you that my wife started HRT about a decade ago, and it has dramatically changed her/our lives. I cannot recommend enough that you get your levels checked and find what works for YOU. (That could be any number of things of course)

For her, progesterone and just a tick of anavar have leveled off her debilitating cycles, and helped her become much fitter, and more…everything.

She is a couple decades younger than my 61 years of crankiness. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck.

1 Like

I currently have no hormonal imbalances, but I appreciate an Internet stranger’s concern for my health.

2 Likes

Heya,

My apologies, I meant to reply and say this to unicornandrainbows.

take care.

I was wondering… Thank you for the reply. Hormone check seems to be a concensus. Knowing me, I’ll mull over going to the doctor for another six months before I make myself go!

Thursday
DB & Prowler Fest W2D2

Bridge Dumbbell Press - 3 x 12 x 40
SS
Bent-Over Dumbbell Row - 3 x 12 x 35

Arnold Press - 3 x 15 x 15
SS
Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 12(ea side) x 20

Circuit:
Sumo Dumbbell RDL - 3 x 15 x 80
DB Pullover - 3 x 15 x 20
Band Lateral Raise - 3 x 20

Prowler:
3 Rounds
Sprint - 50ft push, 50ft pull (hand straps)
90lbs + Prowler
Try not to lose dinner.

Decided to lower the weight and sprint with the prowler today. That was awful too. Slow, heavy prowler = hard. Lighter, fast prowler = still awful. Really hits either way, I decided to sprint to get out of the gym.
Had these waiting for me:
Metabolic Brownies from @Dani_Shugart
So good! I added a tsp each of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Also protein frosting. Because it shouldn’t just be for cakes.

11 Likes

Friday
Cardio

32 minutes, about 2 miles
16 total running, walk the rest

I did not intend to do 4 days of cardio this week. Hubby had to work early all week and I don’t sit at home well.
50F, breezy and cloudy. Still hoping for some springtime thunderstorms.

While I am on food photos, this is my latest breaky obsession:

Proscuitto, one egg + eggs whites, spinach, tomato and low-fat mozzarella in a crispy almond flour shell. Tasty stuff. Would be even better with pesto, but now we are getting into calorie bomb territory.
No. I will not turn on more lights in my kitchen to take a picture of food.

12 Likes

I can’t believe you! WOWZERS!!!

I’m so dang honored to have helped fuel your recovery. :joy: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me: Am I doing enough in the gym?

Me: I’ll take that as a yes. The brownies were absolutely restorative!

2 Likes