When I grow up, I want to be an Alicorn

Those seated OHP numbers are insane!! Good work!

1 Like

Thank you! OHP has always been my strong suit. Plus, it’s fun!

2 Likes

Tuesday
25 minute weighted walk
25lb pack

20F this morning. Been a great winter for snow so far, but warm, until this week. Lifting to follow later.

Had a blood pressure check yesterday at the pharmacy. 134/82. Not that it is crazy high, but I am normally a perfect 120/80 or less. So that is new. Might need to start watching the diet harder. Could also have something to do with how I have been feeling at work too. New job is
 Not great. But, very few are and it pays for my trips.

12 Likes

Tuesday
W3D1

Leg Press
10 x 145
8 x 220
23 x 205

Hamstring Curl (Single Leg)
10 x 30
8 x 40
12 x 30

Calf Raise
20 x 60
12 x 85
12 x 60

Hip Abduction
10 x 65
8 x 115
12 x 85

Chest Press (machine)
10 x 100
6 x 140
10 x 110

Pulldown
10x100
6 x 115
11 x 90

Triceps Pushdown
6 x 30
10 x 20

Incline EZ Bar Curl
15 x 30
6 x 50
15 x 30

Conditioning
8 minutes AMRAP (2x 40lb KBs)
10 Dual KB RDL
100ft Carry
10 KBS
100ft Carry
Made it through 4 rounds

Great night, everything felt good. Added hip abduction on this day, because who doesn’t want a more perky butt? Conditioning was hard, only rests were to put the bells down to shake out grip. I’ll keep that one in the rotation.

14 Likes

Saturday
W3D2

RDL
12 x Bar
6 x 95
6 x 145
12 x 115

Hip Thrust
10 x 100
8 x 120
10 x 100 (w/ pause)

Seated Back-Supported OHP
10 x 65
8 x 85
12 x 75

Chest-Supported Row
10 x 75
8 x 120
12 x 75

Lateral Raise
2 x 25 x 5

DB Hammer Curl
17.5 x 17, 15

Hang knee raise
3 x 20

Punching the clock today. Didn’t want to go, but got in and knocked it out. My back was really bugging me today (and the last few days). Have doc appointment scheduled for Wednesday (assuming it doesn’t get canceled again). My diet has been not great, meals are on point, but many snacks every night. I am also taking a break from tracking. These two things aren’t the best combination physically, but mentally, I am loving it.

12 Likes

Tuesday
W4D1

Leg Press
10 x 145
8 x 220
25 x 215

Hamstring Curl (Single Leg)
10 x 30
8 x 40
12 x 30

Calf Raise
20 x 60
12 x 85
12 x 60

Hip Abduction
10 x 65
8 x 115
12 x 85

Bench Press
10 x 95
6 x 135
12 x 95

Pulldown
10x100
6 x 115
11 x 90

Incline EZ Bar Curl
20 x 30
6 x 50

Good day over all. Skipped triceps today. Gym is becoming slightly less of a zoo, but still super busy with lines for everything.

12 Likes

Friday

5 rounds:
20 pushups
20 air squats

Then
100 air squats

Got in a little bodyweight movement today. Skipped the gym last night, no excuse, just didn’t want to deal with the crowd.
Finally got in to the doc for a physical. They think my back issue is either:

1. a muscle strain gone bad and snowballed into a nerve problem, or
  2. a herniated disc pinching a nerve
    Either way, she recommended 6-8 weeks of physical therapy and then a follow up. PT is suppsed to call me in the next few days to get setup. Should be interesting, I have never done physical therapy before.

It has been two weeks since I last touched red dirt. Which means I am past due to go get my feet on it. Splurged a little with a hotel this time, since we won’t be away from all civilization. Many hikes planned.

11 Likes

I look forward to all the awesome pictures when you get back :wink:

2 Likes

Weekend recap/photo dump:
We took the arch bagging very seriously.

9 Likes

11 Likes

21k steps Saturday and 14k Sunday. Great weekend!

12 Likes

I always love seeing your photos. I must say that you’re a little spoiled by that landscape though. I’m jealous!

2 Likes

Spoiled rotten. Example: Hubby and I have been tossing around the idea of traveling out of the country, it has been almost four years since our last trip across the pond. Looking at photos of Scandinavian countries, and they look amazing. Then I start looking at prices of flights and think: “huh, I could go on 6-7 local trips for just the prices of flights. I still have so much to see here.”
It’s a thing. I measure so much in how many trips I could take.

1 Like

Your workouts are insane! I could only dream of keeping up with you. :star_struck:

And also, I’m in love with your photography. Seriously! Wow!

1 Like

That means a lot from you, Thank you!

My photography subject absolutely helps!

1 Like

Tuesday

Random Swing Day
500 Swings (35lb KB)
100, 100, 100, 50, 50, 50, 50
Done in 15:48

Way better time than I thought I had in me. Gym just didn’t happen, might later this week. I do like having a KB at my place for nights like this!

8 Likes

I don’t live in an area where impressive nature exists within a reasonable distance, and I don’t own a car. So, unlike you, I have to travel if I want to do especially cool hikes or something like that. Honestly though, I find that it is very expensive to travel domestically.

Note that I may be biased because I typically browse deals on flights to Europe more often than on those within the USA. Still, I find it is often cheaper to fly across the ocean (to the places I want to visit, at least) than it is for me to visit, for example, the west coast here. And that’s just the flight. Car rentals and especially accommodations are ridiculously expensive here in most cases.

But that’s okay because that means I can go to Europe instead and then “experience” these cool hikes in the USA by living vicariously through you :rofl:

2 Likes

It is absolutely a matter of perspective. Out west it is almost a requirement to have a car, our public transit is less than ideal. Plus everything is so spread out. I have never not owned a car since 16. Gas (even now) is cheaper than flights.

I completely agree though, flying to Europe is comparitive to flying across the states. The first time I looked at flights to visit the east coast, we ended up buying tickets to Italy for less! Car rentals are crazy expensive. We rented a few vans/Jeeps before we bought the Jeep to see what we wanted to buy for a travel vehicle. Between the rentals and hotels we used to constantly pay for, the Jeep payment is less. Hence why we camp 95% of the time.

That said, I am looking at flights to Norway and Iceland right now
 Hmm.

3 Likes

Same here, and I still don’t own one. I just make do. I often hate it :sunglasses:

1 Like

You save a ton of money though, cars are fantastic
 Right up until they break :sweat_smile:

3 Likes