When/How To Take Creatine?

Are there any links out there on how to use creatine?

I think I’m done loading(5mg in morning and 5 after workout)(i did it for about a week) and now i was wondering when i take it normally.

After a workout? Before Bed? During the day? With carbs? With protein?
Do I use a spoon to mix it? Or will that interfere with the loading process and should I sip it quickly or possibly semi-quickly with big gulps?

well you get the point.
Links would be preferable, or if you are super smart, you can also share your wisdom as well.

Try this from a year ago.
And try the search engine to check out some of the other references to creatine on the site.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

You don’t actually need very much creatine.

I put 5mg in my during-workout drink (currently EAS Mass Factor, which tastes like ass, but which I have a few tubs to get rid of yet and don’t feel like wasting; will be Surge when it’s gone). Then I put another 5mg in my Post-Workout Surge.

On non-workout days, 5mg total is more than enough. Any time of the day is fine, but morning with carbs may be best.

I’m pretty sure its been universally accepted as 5g in your post workout drink is all thats needed. No need to load or anything.

[quote]michaelv wrote:
You don’t actually need very much creatine.

I put 5mg in my during-workout drink (currently EAS Mass Factor, which tastes like ass, but which I have a few tubs to get rid of yet and don’t feel like wasting; will be Surge when it’s gone). Then I put another 5mg in my Post-Workout Surge.

On non-workout days, 5mg total is more than enough. Any time of the day is fine, but morning with carbs may be best.[/quote]

I also add about 5 grams to my post-workout Surge.

[quote]Hawkson101 wrote:
Are there any links out there on how to use creatine?

I think I’m done loading(5mg in morning and 5 after workout)(i did it for about a week) and now i was wondering when i take it normally.

After a workout? Before Bed? During the day? With carbs? With protein?
Do I use a spoon to mix it? Or will that interfere with the loading process and should I sip it quickly or possibly semi-quickly with big gulps?

well you get the point.
Links would be preferable, or if you are super smart, you can also share your wisdom as well.[/quote]

Berardi recommends consuming 3-5g daily in a warm beverage such as green tea.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Try this from a year ago.
And try the search engine to check out some of the other references to creatine on the site.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369[/quote]

In case you didn’t check it out, I’m going to have to second TShaw’s recommendation to read Dave Barr’s article. It’s a great article (even though Dave is kind of an idiot)!

LOL, kidding…

-DV

Other studies on here have suggested that you can get greater than normal “maximum” creatine storage if you take it during the insulin-sensitive hungry stage post-workout.

Hence, on workout days, you’re better taking your 3-5g in your PWO drink than at another time.

On non-workout days, it probably doesn’t matter when.