T Nation

When Does Dose Go from TRT to AAS?

I have on TRT @ 100 mg Test.Cyp. for a month. Due to a mistake, I ended up with 2 extra months supply and am thinking about running a bulking cycle of 400 mg/wk injecting twice per week for 6-8 weeks.
I work out on a 4 day/wk schedule. Would this cycle benefit me size-wise and if so, can I add a day or two if I increase my diet also.?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Seriously, we’re going to be like that? No, it is not. I am not disputing that some guys need that much, but it does not change the fact that only a small minority needs that high of a dose, and for most of the other guys it will probably be eventually harmful.

By the way, most guys stating that they are at the top of the range at that dose mean the trough value tested at the end of the week, which is just a little dishonest, since meanwhile they are double that at the start of the week. But not that I really care. It’s their health problem.
[/quote]

So I suppose you are going to provide citations for your statements, lest we believe they originate from the dark recesses of your rear orifice? Specifically, what is a “small minority”? Ultra specifically, why would maintain levels in the physiological established ranges be “eventually harmful”? You really lost me with that one. Also, please provide your citations on the trough at the end of the week. I know at least for myself (n=1, which is better than your n=0) my levels are steady throughout the week since I inject EOD or 3x/week, minimum, into my belly fat which slows release and results in more stable levels.

I really am not trying to bust your balls here but I have seen a lot of misleading and stupid statements come from you lately. Your are entitled to your [uneducated] opinions, but do not present them as fact. Of course if you can provide any substantiation to what you are saying, I would love to hear it.
[/quote]

Are you really asking for this dude to site case studies on his ill-informed information? (Like it exists)

It is beyond me why someone can not just say, “In my opinion” or " I am not an expert but…" Its just that some guy looking for information may take the wrong information as the gospel truth.

[quote]trhoads155 wrote:
I have on TRT @ 100 mg Test.Cyp. for a month. Due to a mistake, I ended up with 2 extra months supply and am thinking about running a bulking cycle of 400 mg/wk injecting twice per week for 6-8 weeks.
I work out on a 4 day/wk schedule. Would this cycle benefit me size-wise and if so, can I add a day or two if I increase my diet also.? [/quote]

Personally, I don’t think you will notice any gains for 4-5 weeks and then you are about to run out. If it were me, I would rather string out 300 mg/wk for a longer period of time. I just think time training is more important then a quick boost in “T”. It just gives you a longer growing time.

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]tapitdeep wrote:

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
I am on TRT - I take 150mg ( split in 2 doses) Test weekly - I have been lifting all my life and quite muscular . I am 45 yo . At what point would I see unnatural size gains if I up my dose - 200,250 mg per week ?

[/quote]
150 might be a wee high for a TRT dose but if it’s working for you, great. Typically it’s at about 400mg, but conjecture says 500mg is a good “starting point”. Frankly, anything over TRT does (100-150mg/week) is going to continue to raise your test and help to build and maintain more muscle. It’s also going to begin to cause the sides typically associated with higher doses.[/quote]

I know a large number of people on TRT doses at 200mg/week, prescribed and shot at the doc’s office. [/quote]

Must be a popular doc, because that is not standard, responsible, or healthy. Only a small minority of TRT patients ever need doses that high, so if you know lots of patients of this doc on that dose, I would say run away from that doc.
[/quote]

200 mg/week is very resasonable to maintain levels at the top of the normal range. You really have no clue what you’re talking about. [/quote]

2nd that. 200mg a week puts me in the 900s ng/dl. Pretty reasonable.
[/quote]

I THINK it must really depend on the person. 100mg a week puts me in the 750 range.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

Are you really asking for this dude to site case studies on his ill-informed information? (Like it exists) [/quote]

You are familiar with a ‘rhetorical question’ right?

Bingo! Which is why I strive to nip that bullshit in the bud before it blossoms into a turd flower.

1 Like

[quote]Ned wrote:

I THINK it must really depend on the person.
[/quote]

Bingo!!! Which is why someone saying that 200 mg is dangerous, will cause problems, etc. etc. as a blanket rule of thumb is idiotic and should not be given credence.

[quote]trhoads155 wrote:
I have on TRT @ 100 mg Test.Cyp. for a month. Due to a mistake, I ended up with 2 extra months supply and am thinking about running a bulking cycle of 400 mg/wk injecting twice per week for 6-8 weeks.
I work out on a 4 day/wk schedule. Would this cycle benefit me size-wise and if so, can I add a day or two if I increase my diet also.? [/quote]

have you read the stickies? what’s an ai?

you won’t see any difference in size. you can psych yourself up to work hard those weeks and that won’t hurt. play dr.frankenstein and see what happens. but know what an ai is before you shoot it all up.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

Are you really asking for this dude to site case studies on his ill-informed information? (Like it exists) [/quote]

You are familiar with a ‘rhetorical question’ right?

Bingo! Which is why I strive to nip that bullshit in the bud before it blossoms into a turd flower. [/quote]

Is that another ‘rhetorical question’? Ya Bro, gotchya.

Still waiting for the dude to back his statement up…tic-toc, tic-toc…

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

Are you really asking for this dude to site case studies on his ill-informed information? (Like it exists) [/quote]

You are familiar with a ‘rhetorical question’ right?

Bingo! Which is why I strive to nip that bullshit in the bud before it blossoms into a turd flower. [/quote]

Is that another ‘rhetorical question’? Ya Bro, gotchya.

Still waiting for the dude to back his statement up…tic-toc, tic-toc…[/quote]

If I answered, would that be answering a rhetorical question? I can’t keep track of who is rhetoricing who now!

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]tapitdeep wrote:

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
I am on TRT - I take 150mg ( split in 2 doses) Test weekly - I have been lifting all my life and quite muscular . I am 45 yo . At what point would I see unnatural size gains if I up my dose - 200,250 mg per week ?

[/quote]
150 might be a wee high for a TRT dose but if it’s working for you, great. Typically it’s at about 400mg, but conjecture says 500mg is a good “starting point”. Frankly, anything over TRT does (100-150mg/week) is going to continue to raise your test and help to build and maintain more muscle. It’s also going to begin to cause the sides typically associated with higher doses.[/quote]

I know a large number of people on TRT doses at 200mg/week, prescribed and shot at the doc’s office. [/quote]

Must be a popular doc, because that is not standard, responsible, or healthy. Only a small minority of TRT patients ever need doses that high, so if you know lots of patients of this doc on that dose, I would say run away from that doc.
[/quote]

200 mg/week is very resasonable to maintain levels at the top of the normal range. You really have no clue what you’re talking about. [/quote]

There is a boatload of guys who are at 200 mg/wk, including myself that are not out of range. They have the blood work to back it up. VTBalla34 is right, you need to do some research.[/quote]

I run my trt at 250 a week. Never had an issue.

1 Like

Completely individual based. My dr just raised me to 150 a week from 100 just to try and get me into a “low normal” level. 100 a week only got me to 380 and 7.1 free. I suspect I will eventually be on 200 to 250 a week to get a high normal.

On 200mg a week I’ve tested at 900 and 1000.

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
That seems correct - 400mg per week would yield 2000 total test level . 600mg yield 3000 total test level ? [/quote]

No, it does not work like that

Edit: just realized this was old…

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
I am on TRT - I take 150mg ( split in 2 doses) Test weekly - I have been lifting all my life and quite muscular . I am 45 yo . At what point would I see unnatural size gains if I up my dose - 200,250 mg per week ?
[/quote]

you are not going to see unnatural size gains on those doses.

do cardio at the end of workouts and mornings before eating anything and you will be surprised at the increase in muscle definition.

increase your protein intake. keep an eye on your blood pressure as Mr.Walkway always said. it can go high without you noticing.

16 weeks is overkill, if you were to do a cycle keep it at ten - twelve weeks. besides cutting the number of weeks combine intense calisthenics with resistance training to diminish the effects of myostatin which limits your growth.

then return to your 150mg/week trt doesage. always divide injection doses to lessen spike and retain a steady hormone level.


[/quote]

how is 16 weeks at 250 mgs overkill? 250 mgs is pretty much pointless as a cycle, unless you run it for that long. even then youre not going to see huge benefits

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKK OLD THREAD

hi man . i got my dose 250 a week of test E i got test propnaite as well , i want to use both what are your thoughts on that . i take 1 mg a week split in 2 doses a week , and enject twice a week as well … as far as i read blasting will only effect my E2 only