T Nation

When Do You Take Spike? Chime-in

I just started taking Spike, and was wondering when and how others take it…

Every morning?
Training days only?
Morning & Pre-WO?
Pre-WO only?

Keep stimulants to Pre-WO

[quote]Jay-B wrote:
Keep stimulants to Pre-WO[/quote]

How about just pre-[i]activity[/i] instead… A lot of people get a benefit from Spike prior and during an endurance or sporting activity. It doesn’t necessarily need to be saved for workouts only.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Jay-B wrote:
Keep stimulants to Pre-WO

How about just pre-[i]activity[/i] instead… A lot of people get a benefit from Spike prior and during an endurance or sporting activity. It doesn’t necessarily need to be saved for workouts only.[/quote]

Yes, agreed, and to go one step further, anytime you want to be at the top of your mental game. Studying for a test, taking the test, giving a presentation. It’s great for enhancing mental focus and clarity.

D

I take it when I feel tired, or need help with mental clarity.

I use Spike instead of coffee. It is a great product. I have several people in my office hooked on it.

I only need one pill to work for me and I limit myself to 3 pills/week. Many weeks I take it only once or twice. I usually take it on BJJ days or sometimes if I slept bad and need to focus a lot on the job.

I have the Spike Shooters but have yet to try them. I may try it today actually.

Pre-workout only.

I pop them along with something else, but I don’t believe the mods will let me say w/ what due to liability stuff.

Damn,I wish it worked for me! I can take 3 and not feel a thing. Spike is the only Biotest product i’ve been dissatisfied with. I did find another thiamine derivitive product called Stimulant X that works the way Spike is described. This stuff is rocket fuel!

[quote]Alex-P wrote:
I pop them along with something else, but I don’t believe the mods will let me say w/ what due to liability stuff.[/quote]

I betcha we will, but with a preface like that, it’s not likely to be anything that other folks will be itching to try.

I pop them with 50mg of Ephedrine, if you let this through I will be surprised. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Mod Jump’n Jack wrote:
Alex-P wrote:
I pop them along with something else, but I don’t believe the mods will let me say w/ what due to liability stuff.

I betcha we will, but with a preface like that, it’s not likely to be anything that other folks will be itching to try.[/quote]

Oh, go on then Alex!
Let’s hear it…

…is it soya milk?

: D

I take Spike or Spike Shooters 4 times a week. I use it for my intense workouts and skip it on recovery days. I take Spike 45 minutes before working out. If I am drinking a Spike Shooter, I drink it during my warmups.

[quote]Alex-P wrote:
I pop them with 50mg of Ephedrine, if you let this through I will be surprised. :P[/quote]

Well then, surprise, surprise.

I do want to remind everyone of the first line of the warning label on Spike:
Do not take with any other stimulant or weight loss supplement or any prescription or over-the-counter medicine.

So, this absolutely not a recommended practice, and I do suggest, Alex-P, that you find a different pre-workout stack.

I have been taking it on 4 days (Mon - Thurs) and then off 3 days (Fri - Sun).

I have been taking two a day. One at 4am prior to workout and one at 5pm prior to workout.

I take it in the morning and while studying. I don’t like taking caffine before lifting, it makes my heart race too much. Instead I opt for the Power Drive mixed with 1/2 of Surge before my workouts.

I used to take it in the morning and wait until night to exercise so I could use Power Drive. Lately I’ve been using Spike Shooter before workout in the morning and taking Power Drive later.

I take it any time I need a boost.

Once in a while pre-WO, I am normally happy to go WO and release stress, so it is not normally necessary then.

Using it to study has been the most beneficial for me.

I’ve had no negative side effects and the guy I work out with has done this stack for a few years(He’s 57 so it cant be all that bad) :slight_smile:

Before I need to cram for a test like…um…now. Finals suck.

Right before I go to sleep.

Kidding.

Im hooked on Spike Shooters now, and I drink half a can literally RIGHT upon waking. I actually pop open the can before I open my eyes. Well, no, but I need this stuff to wake me up in the morning, and in incredible job it does.
Then I’ll gulp the can down throughout the rest of the day.