When Do You Eat Your Fruits?

Assuming one is clean bulking when do you to eat your fruits?
I remember reading a number of recommendations here to eat fruits
in the first part of the day and or post workout.

Another question is if
eating fruits without a protein serving is a good idea, since that would be eating “naked” carbs…you know John B’s 7 principles, etc

Some call vegetables and fruits “free” carbs. I can see how it applies to most of the vegetables, but do you consider a typical fruit serving of about 20 carbs a “free” carb?

I usually eat fruits all day, every day.

Don’t get too hung up on when to eat fruits, or veges. It’s more important than you eat them, than it is worrying about when to eat them.

I agree. Eating fruits throughout the day helps assure that one is getting in his 4 servings or so. If one combines this with at least 5 servings of veggies, they’re good. I personally consider the carbs in fruits something that might be better consumed earlier in the day when physical activity and glucose tolerance is better - but this is more of a guideline, not a steadfast rule. I don’t think I’d slam a liter of fruit juice as I slump on the couch right before bedtime, however. But then that’s juice, not whole fruit, eh?

It’s true that getting-in some protein with each of six meals is helpful (for a number of reasons) but I wouldn’t nitpick too much. For those of us who already have established a whole fruit habit, things like “AM carbs” or “naked carbs” are finer adjustments that are usually just meant to stack any metabolic cards in one’s favor a bit more.

Thanks much for your replies!

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:
I agree. Eating fruits throughout the day helps assure that one is getting in his 4 servings or so. If one combines this with at least 5 servings of veggies, they’re good. I personally consider the carbs in fruits something that might be better consumed earlier in the day when physical activity and glucose tolerance is better - but this is more of a guideline, not a steadfast rule. I don’t think I’d slam a liter of fruit juice as I slump on the couch right before bedtime, however. But then that’s juice, not whole fruit, eh?

It’s true that getting-in some protein with each of six meals is helpful (for a number of reasons) but I wouldn’t nitpick too much. For those of us who already have established a whole fruit habit, things like “AM carbs” or “naked carbs” are finer adjustments that are usually just meant to stack any metabolic cards in one’s favor a bit more.
[/quote]

Lonnie’s the boss. Personally, I do 4-5 servings of fruits in my first 2-3 meals of the day, and 6-8 servings of vegetables in my last 3-4 meals of the day.

Eat the damn fruit.
I’m dieting, but I still eat fruit. When? When I want to.

Past two months i have been seriously trying to up my fruit intake, it was pretty woeful before. Now i try to have 1 - 2 apples a day anytime from 10 - 5 pm. A bannana and protein shake pre w/out. An orange after my last dinner or some mixed frozen summer berries blended with live yoghurt. I normally get a good abount of veggies with my main lunch. Also frozen broccoli is a favourite.