When Did Your Life Start?

[quote]AndyG wrote:
You’re boring me. Come up with something funny.[/quote]

How can anything compete with fucking monkeys?

Do you prefer the smaller, monkeys like spider monkeys?

Or do you branch out and try larger primates such as the chimpanzee?

I can’t really see you humping a gorilla, though. You’d likely be made some silverback’s bitch.

My God - that’s it, isn’t it? You don’t do the humping, you like to be humped by monkeys.

You are one weird dude.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
Not sure how this fits in, but the wall between humans and animals has further eroded in Japan. Monkeys as waiters:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/3145850/Japanese-monkey-waiters.html

Some of the patrons felt that the monkeys were better than their own kids.

It does fit it. We should stop talking about cows before rainjack makes a mess on his keyboard. Let’s talk about monkeys. A monkey is probably smarter than a two year old. Why is it better to kill a monkey than a two year old if sentience is the thing that makes life valuable?

Is your fetish for cows why you root fat women rj, or will only fat women root you?[/quote]

Tube Steak Boogie.

Seriously. On your whole profile.

Goodbye.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
You use cows as sex objects too rainjack, but that doesn’t mean that is their purpose.

Why aren’t cows sentient Beowolf? I would say they are more so than an infant. If sentience is what makes human life so valuable then does this mean it’s OK to kill infants but not cows?[/quote]

…I’m gonna go ahead and guess someone here doesn’t know the definition of the word “sentient”.

A babies brain is just as functional as an adults brain. Why do you think we’re born with such a freakishly large head to body ratio compared to other animals? We need the brain room.

Comparing human life to cattle is not only going to fail a pro-life v pro-choice argument, it is going to drive the pro-lifers even further into their position.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
It does fit it. We should stop talking about cows before rainjack makes a mess on his keyboard. Let’s talk about monkeys. A monkey is probably smarter than a two year old. Why is it better to kill a monkey than a two year old if sentience is the thing that makes life valuable?

Is your fetish for cows why you root fat women rj, or will only fat women root you?[/quote]

You really don’t get biology, do you?

First of all, a monkey is not smarter than a two year old human. Second of all, we don’t go around killing monkeys BECAUSE we view them as intelligent. Chimpanzees and Gorillas as well. We don’t kill primates for food, because we view tham as the next step down from us.

So, in fact, you’ve just made a pro-life argument. Good for you. Idiot.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

First of all, a monkey is not smarter than a two year old human. Second of all, we don’t go around killing monkeys BECAUSE we view them as intelligent. Chimpanzees and Gorillas as well. We don’t kill primates for food, because we view tham as the next step down from us.

So, in fact, you’ve just made a pro-life argument. Good for you. Idiot.[/quote]

I don’t want to spoil your argument, but we do kill primates for food. Not as a first choice but, if it is necessary we eat anything. Poaching is the greatest threat to mountain gorillas.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
AndyG wrote:

Is your fetish for cows why you root fat women rj, or will only fat women root you?

You really don’t get biology, do you?

So, in fact, you’ve just made a pro-life argument. Good for you. Idiot.[/quote]

Beowulf, you’ve made so many false points here I feel like I have to intervene.

Monkeys, other mammals like dolphins and even some birds have shown time and again they can be way smarter then a two year old human.
Many scientists claim a grey parrot (don’t know the english term, probably the same) can follow the logical content of a first grade class, even surpass human children.
Chimpanzees and especially Gorillas are endangered because people like to eat bushmeat. And Africa isn’t a particularly immoral place because of this. If we had any yummy primates in our woods, they’d be probably extinct long ago.
And a babe’s brain is not as “functional” as an adult’s brain. Not by a large margin- just like with the size, the necessary way to wire the nerves have to be established in the following years. For instance, in the first years a baby is awfully clumsy precisely because it’s brain is not as “functional”.

And also, Beowulf, why this stinky attitude?

p.s. yes, I have a “first memory”. My life started when I was four. It was no uninterrupted experience from there, the memory leaps and bounds become shorter with the following months.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
First of all, a monkey is not smarter than a two year old human. [/quote]

How do you know this?

I have seen monkeys play simple video games that a 2-year old could never comprehend.

If you are going to make this kind of statement you need to define what you mean by “smarter”.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
I w i l l t y p e s l o w l y so y o u c a n u n d e r s t a n d.

You have a fetish for cows.

Cows are large animals.

It is generally socially unnaceptable(though perhaps not in Texas, you’ll have to tell me) to have sex with cows.

Therefore, when you can’t sneak away to bump uglies with bovines, you do it with fatties.

Understand?

Do you ever write anything that isn’t just an insult. You’d think with so much practice you’d be better at it by now.[/quote]

Uh, oh, you are equating fat women and cattle. Not as an allegory, but really giving them the same status. Or is there a small difference in degree there?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
AndyG wrote:
You use cows as sex objects too rainjack, but that doesn’t mean that is their purpose.

Why aren’t cows sentient Beowolf? I would say they are more so than an infant. If sentience is what makes human life so valuable then does this mean it’s OK to kill infants but not cows?

…I’m gonna go ahead and guess someone here doesn’t know the definition of the word “sentient”.

A babies brain is just as functional as an adults brain. Why do you think we’re born with such a freakishly large head to body ratio compared to other animals? We need the brain room.

Comparing human life to cattle is not only going to fail a pro-life v pro-choice argument, it is going to drive the pro-lifers even further into their position.[/quote]

Yep, I’m guessing you don’t understand what sentience means. If you are going to claim that sentience is the criteria for protecting life you have to protect more than humans.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
First of all, a monkey is not smarter than a two year old human.

How do you know this?

I have seen monkeys play simple video games that a 2-year old could never comprehend.

If you are going to make this kind of statement you need to define what you mean by “smarter”.[/quote]

Ah. Sorry for the confusion.

Smarter: Has a greater potential for sentient thought.

Nothing to do with comprehension. I was using it a way that makes most retards “smarter” than chimps.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
Yep, I’m guessing you don’t understand what sentience means. If you are going to claim that sentience is the criteria for protecting life you have to protect more than humans.
[/quote]

It isn’t just sentience. Its a level of sentience.

But yes, I do approve of protecting chimps, gorillas, and dolphins.

Guess what animals are usually protected?

Chimps, gorillas, and dolphins.

Fuck Cows, Goats Are Where It’s At.

[quote]forlife wrote:
There is no black and white answer to that question.

In my view, it is ridiculous to claim that life doesn’t start until a baby emerges from the mother’s uterus. It is obviously alive and human the same day it is born, whether in the uterus or out.

So how far back do you go before it becomes less than human?

No idea. I would say at least a few months, but that is totally subjective.[/quote]

Ah there is! Take a higher level biology class at a local college. All life starts the same! Humans r granted the gift of self perception. When did ur dog say "lets go to the vet so I can take those pills that help me.

Oh I hate them but I will take them because I will get better." Oh that has never happened? Well that’s a BIG difference between a human life and an animal.

[quote]pat wrote:
When the sperm broke through through the egg wall and unleashed it’s contents, attached to the eggs contents. That’s when I started, not sure about others here…:)[/quote]

I knew there had to be an intelligent person in this world! Ur not the only one, but I can’t copy all the good, truthful posts.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
AndyG wrote:

It isn’t just sentience. Its a level of sentience.

But yes, I do approve of protecting chimps, gorillas, and dolphins.

Guess what animals are usually protected?

Chimps, gorillas, and dolphins.

[/quote]

Fine, newborns don’t have any sentience at all. Can we kill them?

[quote]AndyG wrote:
Fine, newborns don’t have any sentience at all. Can we kill them?
[/quote]

And now it is clear you have no idea what sentience is.

Sorry did mean self-sentience. If sentience is the criteria then you can’t even kill insects. Maybe you are going of a wacko definition and could enlighten as to what it is.

I always thought sentience was awareness and the ability to feel or subjectie awareness. It’s not the most precise word and can refer to slightly different things.

I’m sure it’s all clear cut to you though Beowolf.

Anyway, the point remains a friggin’ stupid cow has greater sentience than a newborn.

You say sentience is why we can’t kill things.

You’ll kill cows but not newborns.

You’re contradicting yourself.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
I always thought sentience was awareness and the ability to feel or subjectie awareness. It’s not the most precise word and can refer to slightly different things.

I’m sure it’s all clear cut to you though Beowolf.

Anyway, the point remains a friggin’ stupid cow has greater sentience than a newborn.

You say sentience is why we can’t kill things.

You’ll kill cows but not newborns.

You’re contradicting yourself.[/quote]

Sentience is the ability to feel or perceive subjectively.

SUBJECTIVELY.

If you honestly think a cow has more sentience than a two year old, you’re a fucking idiot. Just because you don’t remember being two, doesn’t mean you weren’t self aware.

Well you’ve chosen a narrow definition. You didn’t answer the question though. Newborns are not sentient, can we kill them?

Stop picking holes in the periphery and answer the question.