When Did Your Life Start?

I DID use the search function to search for this topic. Of course the replies were many and far between. I still have a huge question about people’s logic. Of all the people who answered the questions about abortion, I ask one in reply, “When did ur life start?” I am directing that at the people who say anything, primarily the people who think it’s ok for abortion.

“At what point did ur life start? THE specific moment? When you left ur mother’s womb? Or when the process that resulted in ur life originally started?” I still wonder about those people who think it’s ok. (I am expecting to get flamed but oh well, it’s just the net) :slight_smile:

When my dad got a boner. Half of me is his sperm. I think that anyone that slaps down a boner should be thrown in jail.

I also believe that swallowing after falacio is canablism and spilling ones seed on the floor, in a towel, on a stomach, or in hair is obvious child neglect.

I also beleive tighty whities, hot tubs, and condoms should be banned along with the morning after pill.

at least ur a semi educated smart ass :slight_smile: I’m just curious as to how people think the way that they do

memory is the key… no memory, no existence…

[quote]thekrown wrote:
memory is the key… no memory, no existence…[/quote]

So, when is your earliest memory?

i was sitting in the backseat of my mom’s car the day of my parents divorce.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
"At what point did ur life start?
[/quote]

Could have used Wiki. About the 3rd millennium BC.

There is no black and white answer to that question.

In my view, it is ridiculous to claim that life doesn’t start until a baby emerges from the mother’s uterus. It is obviously alive and human the same day it is born, whether in the uterus or out.

So how far back do you go before it becomes less than human?

No idea. I would say at least a few months, but that is totally subjective.

Life starts when you use punctuation and capitolization.

When the sperm broke through through the egg wall and unleashed it’s contents, attached to the eggs contents. That’s when I started, not sure about others here…:slight_smile:

[quote]Gael wrote:
thekrown wrote:
memory is the key… no memory, no existence…

So, when is your earliest memory?[/quote]

Permanent memories don’t often start until age 4 or later. So the first 4 years post birth you weren’t alive? Hmmm…

[quote]forlife wrote:
There is no black and white answer to that question.

In my view, it is ridiculous to claim that life doesn’t start until a baby emerges from the mother’s uterus. It is obviously alive and human the same day it is born, whether in the uterus or out.

So how far back do you go before it becomes less than human?

No idea. I would say at least a few months, but that is totally subjective.[/quote]

forlife, while I completely understand the point you’re making, please do me a favor and use “non-person” instead of “less than human” . It’s making my biologically inclined brain hurt. This is the same thing I’ve been reiterating to people again and again in the abortion debate thread. A genetically distinct organism emerges at conception. It’s easily fully human, but is it a “person”?

Not trying to be an asshole. Just a big pet peeve of mine :). The question is an interesting one for sure.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:

"At what point did ur life start? THE specific moment? [/quote]

When I got laid the first time.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
kneedragger79 wrote:

"At what point did ur life start? THE specific moment?

When I got laid the first time. [/quote]

I guess you are still waiting for life to begin then, huh?

And no, spanking it to a photo of Eli does not count.

My earliest memory is of me reading to my moms friends. I was 3. The book was about a detective that could fly around the world using an umbrella, and he solved a mystery about missing cake or something. There was an elephant, and a big block of ice.

Damn. Now I really want to find that book.

When I lost my virginity. Which technically would make me 7.

Perhaps the question should be ‘At what time does a life worth protecting begin?’

Obviously most people have a speciesist view on the subject and believe any form of human lifesuch as an embryo is worth protecting yet will happily chomp down on a steak.

At that point in existence the embryo has less characteristics of human life, e.g. conciousness, self awareness than the embryo.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
Perhaps the question should be ‘At what time does a life worth protecting begin?’

Obviously most people have a speciesist view on the subject and believe any form of human lifesuch as an embryo is worth protecting yet will happily chomp down on a steak.

At that point in existence the embryo has less characteristics of human life, e.g. conciousness, self awareness than the embryo.[/quote]

Cows were made to produce milk, provide meat, and make nifty clothes and other things with their hides.

Comparing them to a human life is really not very accurate, unless you are one of those who eat their offspring.

Try to be relevant, and you might want to proof read your last sentence You are comparing something to itself. I hope you are brighter than that, but based on your posting here, I am afraid that hope is misplaced.

[quote]AndyG wrote:

At that point in existence the embryo has less characteristics of human life, e.g. conciousness, self awareness than the embryo.[/quote]

Why draw the line at vertebrates? or even heterotrophs?

Oviously the last word is meant to be cow.

Your post makes no sense rainjack.

Why can’t I compare a cow to a human life? Cows are more intelligent, self aware than an infant. Why is a cow’s life less valuable than the infant’s apart from the fact that an infant is a human?

I was unaware that a cows inherent purpose was to provide milk and clothes.