When Did You Know?

I’ve always felt I can contribute more after achieving financial success than I ever could without it. Basically, if I really do well, then I really can do good.

I think Bill Gates epitomizes this, through his foundation. I know this is highly debateable, but I’ve always felt this way nonetheless.

I don’t necessarily think one’s vocation is the deciding factor in whether or not one is a man, though. My job is what I do, but it isn’t necessarily what I am.[/quote]

Your job, for most people, is who you are for 8 hours a day. I agree that my job is not who I am, but it is a part of who I am.

If I wasn’t contributing to soctiety in some way, I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror at night. I have a great deal of respect for almost all professions. If you are a florist you bring happiness and beauty into the world.

If you are a refuse collector, you clean up after your fellow man. If your are a stay at home parent, you are taking care of and preparing another life to go into the world. I can’t have respect for someone who choses to sit in a chair and play a game for a living. I have a tough time giving respect to professional athletes, but I truly can not give any respect to someone who doesn’t even play a real game, they play a game on TV.

It is the worst example of the decline of western civilization that someone can make a few hundred thousand doing nothing.

the day I saw Donovan Bailey set a 100m world record in the 1996 Olympic final, I knew I had to become the world’s fastest man.

In the end, my 10.7 fell short of the global-dominance mark…

[quote]julia87 wrote:
Halo 2 can do that to you. So can Gears of War, Splinter Cell, Call of Duty 2…those old James Bond games…

It can also make you believe (with a little alcohol) that you can do pretty much any idiotic thing and will just be able to respawn anything you hurt afterwards.

Also can make you believe that you can be IN the video game if you bodyslam the tv when youre playing the game.

Im not a man but I can tell you Ive met enough assholes to want to be above them in assholeness and find reasons to put them all in jail when I get older. Just kidding.

Well[/quote]

Seek help…FAST!