When Did 'Yeah' Replace 'Please'?

I DJ’ed at a nightclub last night, first time in 10 years and must say thoroughly enjoyed being back “in the booth”.

But I was appalled at the attitude of all the young kids, I must have had 30 odd requests during the night maybe more, not one of them said please, most of the time they just said things like:

“Yo mate have you got slam by pendulum yeah”

“drop some drum and bass mate yeah”

“Yo geezer stick on ‘wearing my rolex’ yeah!”

“are you gonna play some oldskool mate yeah”

Now most of them did not even ask me to play the tracks they just either asked me if I had it or said the name of the track?

And this yeah at the end almost every time to me is almost like a veiled threat of ‘you are going to play it or else’ type of attitude.

I got this from sober guys, drunk guys and girls alike.

I am not a prude I just hate this new attitude from the younger generation that feel like a slightly intimidating menacing manor will get them what they want, when all they have to do is be polite, but I guess it is not cool to be polite anymore

rude little fuckers

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
rude little fuckers[/quote]

LOL your caption has me laughing out loud!

Sounds like the kids are watching too much Jamie Oliver.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah!

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

I never thought of him he does do that does’nt he yeah

Yeah baby, Yeah!!
(bad Austin Powers impersonation)

S

when did you guys start saying shit like braaaaaaaaaaaaat

yeah

Putting “yeah” at the end of everything is one of those things you crazy brits say that makes me wonder if you really did invent the English language. Kind of like starting every sentence with “right”. WTF?

PS-I love England. Jeremy Clarkson is my idol.

must be a cooking thing cause that dude gordon ramsay says it too yeah ?

i’ve also noticed an interesting switch @ sales registers where now it’s the paying customer who says “thank you” to the clerk who then says “yeah” or even just “yup”. that’s pretty fucked-up yeah ?

Actually^

I say thank you to the cashier and I’ve never had it fail yet…

Male cashier: “yup/Yeah/welcome”

Female cashier: “Oh No, thank YOU big smile

I think part of it is that women actually REALLY listen when you say things and guys are socialized to just give a conditioned response.

[quote]swivel wrote:
must be a cooking thing cause that dude gordon ramsay says it too yeah ?

i’ve also noticed an interesting switch @ sales registers where now it’s the paying customer who says “thank you” to the clerk who then says “yeah” or even just “yup”. that’s pretty fucked-up yeah ?[/quote]

This is what I say to your attempt at being funny.

Electric: I blame the Chavs. Chav culture etc.

They’re everywhere. I have to supress my urge to pull them by their kappa windbreakers and smash them into a telephone box.

They piss me off to no end.

The only thing worse then them is… Them drunk.

You’ll have to explain what a Chav is to us non-limeys.

Its like a British wigger kinda.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Its like a British wigger kinda.[/quote]

Read and learn my friends.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
You’ll have to explain what a Chav is to us non-limeys.[/quote]

From the looks of the photo, I’d say they are some sort of British guido. Either that or British fraternity fags.

Who’d have known it? E_E is cool.

hawaiians say it too, or people who try to be hawaiian. i agree with you E_E it is pretty annoying yeah