When a Doctor Asks...

“What medications are you currently taking?”
At what point (if ever) do you come clean with your cycle? I have a colonoscopy coming up soon, and the forms I’m filling out ask the question, The reason for the procedure is a problem I have been dealing with for almost 20 years IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)

Its never really been unbearable, so I just dealt with it, but recently, the pain has been insane (imagine crapping razor blades)
The fact that I’m 10 weeks into my first cycle (Test E and Winny)adds to my paranoia.

Any reason to bring it up?
Or would you only offer up that info, if you knew it was the AAS causing the issue that brought you to your Doctor in the first place?

I wouldn’t say anything personally. Not unless he prescribed you something that might have an adverse effect with the AAS.

Can a doctor report you to the authorities for AAS use?

I don’t think so. Supposed to be that confidentiality thing. But I still don’t think patient records are totally secure for some reason.

If you have decided to cycle regularly, you should definitely inform your general practitioner.

Some guys may disagree, but - I found, and maybe I’m lucky - that informing my doc of my cycle(s) doesn’t necessarily mean he agrees (he doesn’t) but it surely has helped in other ways: specifcally, he does bloodwork to monitor estrogen/test/cholesterol - things he wouldn’t do normally, and that have been very informative/beneficial.

Keep in mind I live in a huge metropolitan city, do docs may be a bit more open/curious/willing to deal.

Specialty doctors (unless you’ll be developing a history with them) dont’ necessarily need to know unless there are potential contraindications (which I don’t know what they would be).

And, yes, medical records are confidential. Not even your family members can get them. Or your employer.

I forget where it was brought up, but someone mentioned the impact your medical records could have on future insurance coverage. I don’t know if insurance companies can look at your records when deciding whether to grant you coverage or not.

It would suck to be denied insurance because the doc scribbled the word AAS somewhere in your file. Like I said, I don’t know if they can access a person’s records or not, but it’s always best to have the least amount of info ‘out there’ about oneself.