T Nation

Wheels Coming Off Opie's Wagon

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/sc-dem-chair-pa.html

You’d hope your helpers could just shut the fuck up if they are going to cost you votes like this.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

You’d hope your helpers could just shut the fuck up if they are going to cost you votes like this.

[/quote]

How bout Biden saying maybe Hillary would’ve been the better choice? I don’t know if the wheels are coming off, but the bearings need a re-greasing for sure. Wait a minute, wagons didn’t have bearings.

They’re definitely off balance.

I have never seen a Presidential candidate so befuddled by the undercard on the other ticket.

A serious question - if Obama gets this peevish and rattled by a vice-presidential candidate, what is he going to do when confronted with Vlad the Impaler?

Not inspiring much confidence, and the polls are reflecting it.

Wow - pretty vicious comment. Sounds like some femenists are starting to feel threatened by Sarah Palin.

I’ll guarantee everybody right here and now that if the Mccain/Palin ticket continues to hold firm in the polls, especially if they start to widen that lead at all, we ain’t seen nuthin yet.

The closer we get to November, if the current trend holds we are going to witness campaign carnage on an epic scale.

For the time being, my advice to Palin is to just stay out of it and keep campaigning. The Dems are doing just fine without her help.

Agree.

From a political standpoint, the McCain Campaign has no reason whatsoever to have Palin begin to get into debates and pissing matches. All they have to do is 1) have her debate Biden and 2) keep her on the stump, appealing to the GOP base.

What advantage could there POSSIBLY be to her and the campaign to have her subject to press conferences and those waiting to eat her for breakfast?

Again, if McCain wins this thing, his pick of Palin will have to go down as one of the smartest political moves in recent history.

Mufasa

As I stated when she was nominated…it’s already over, expect the left to continue to turn up the volume of their shrill. They are completely out-classed.

Well she’s already agreed to an interview, so we’ll have to see how she handles that one. In general I’d agree with you Mufasa. The smart campaign move is to keep her away from the press for the time being, just focus on prepping her for the Biden debate and stumping.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Agree.

From a political standpoint, the McCain Campaign has no reason whatsoever to have Palin begin to get into debates and pissing matches. All they have to do is 1) have her debate Biden and 2) keep her on the stump, appealing to the GOP base.

What advantage could there POSSIBLY be to her and the campaign to have her subject to press conferences and those waiting to eat her for breakfast?

Again, if McCain wins this thing, his pick of Palin will have to go down as one of the smartest political moves in recent history.

Mufasa[/quote]

Absolutely. This was no doubt the hail Mary play of a generation, calculated though it was and I’m sure the honchos are developing callouses on their backs from all the mutual patting.

There’s still a long way to go though.

The establishment simply can’t have the as most powerful woman in the world a pro life conservative woman.

This is a major deal for them and they will likely stop at nothing.

Word is there are 30 +/- lawyers and investigators in Alaska uncovering everything they can possibly find.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

Good find, RJ!

Amazing how the Left simply falls apart in the face of a moral and decent person. They remind me of rats that flee at the sound of a human step. Fellow rats, and they’re fine.

If you are moral and you are firm in your convictions, the Dems/Left crumbles to dust. Who’d have thought that this was all that was required?

^^if by establishment you mean the majority of american women…and citizens.

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

And I would hope there are at least 30+ lawyers and investigators looking for anything they can find–she hasn’t been on the national stage at all and it’s 2 months till gametime with comparatively little background investigation versus the other 3 candidates. I want investigation done as extensively as possible on all 4 of them.

Jesus=Obama? Oh that was the dumbest thing anybody could have said. I hope most of his supporters are that dumb.

How is this one comment a representation of an entire party’s opinion? What Fowler said was unprofessional. How is anyone seeing more than that here?

Has anyone brought up McCain’s tailhook days?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How is this one comment a representation of an entire party’s opinion? What Fowler said was unprofessional. How is anyone seeing more than that here?[/quote]

Show me where I said it was. I said she was supposedly Opie’s helper - you know trying to help him get elected?

You honestly think Opie, or someone in his operation didn’t call her immediately after hearing that and tell her to shut the fuck up?

Opie and Biden both came out the day after Palin was selected to deflect comments said by another dem leader.

Just this one incident? hardly anything worth reporting. Put it with all the other shit that has been said about Palin, and - well - if you need it spelled out for you, you are in denial.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:

Word is there are 30 +/- lawyers and investigators in Alaska uncovering everything they can possibly find.[/quote]

I read that too. I won’t be at all surprised if we start seeing commercials from the Obama campaign about Sarah Palin making out with a boy in the back seat of his car when she was 15, and how such irresponsibility should never be trusted in the presidency.

Or maybe something like Sarah Palin ripped one of those “do not remove under penalty of law” tags off of a mattress. Or maybe she crossed a street, without using the crosswalk. Or maybe she has parking tickets.

I’ve said it before, but the Obama campaign must be absolutely beside themselves over Palin.