Whe Whole Egg VS The Egg White

On any given week I normally do 8 eggs in the morning for breakfast. 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. I have read various things but nothing is really clear to me. Is it bad to do whole eggs? Should I just go with all egg whites?

Thanks,

Alan

Eat the whole egg, nothing bad about it and the extra fats are good for you.

There are 2 opposing sides to the debate. Personally I beleive studies that say eating cholesterol doesn’t lead to high cholesterol. And also that there is some compound in the yolk that offsets cholesterol anyways. So essentially you lose nothing from eating the whole egg.

Financially, It is also a pain to throw 1/2 the protein content of an egg away (even though eggs are pretty cheap, its more of a principal thing).

The only reason I see for not eating the yolk is trying to stay within a daily limit for fat that you have set up for yourself.

It is your body/health, and no study is so concrete you shouldn’t be safe. But I, personally eat 8-10 whole eggs, usually over easy sometimes scrammbled, pretty much every morning. So I see nothing wrong with it.

What others said… unless you have a problem that whole eggs are causing, or unless your nutritional goals aren’t compatible with whole eggs, then go ahead and eat them.

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:
Personally I beleive studies that say eating cholesterol doesn’t lead to high cholesterol. And also that there is some compound in the yolk that offsets cholesterol anyways. So essentially you lose nothing from eating the whole egg.
[/quote]

good, because one of those is cholesterol the molecule and the other is cholesterol the fat transport globule (lipoprotein if you want to get technical). two different things.

funny thing is in normal people, the endogenous production rises when intake of the the cholesterol molecule decreases and fall as it increases. what does that tell you about limits? those limits apply to people with a genetic defect. they have been applied to normal individuals who have no issue with cholesterol intake causing higher cholesterol.

this allows for the sale of drugs and thus the cycle can continue.

not only do you not lose anything from eating the whole eggs, you gain all the valuable nutrients in the yolk and if they are omega3 eggs, the fat balance is already near perfect, a couple fish oil and you can’t do better.

as for the fat, 12 eggs is 60g of fat, almost everyone should be eating at least that much, most guys will be shooting for double that anyway, unless of course one believes that eating that infernal low-fat, low-cholesterol bread, pasta, and other cereals can keep them healthy, whilst really shooting oneself in the foot.