What's Your Weight & Arm Measurement?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
azza30 wrote:
I love this!!! Some of the people that have dissed me for slating modern bodybuilding, the information overload etc etc, have posted on hear with 14 inch guns!!! Just about strong enough to curl their ipod, and front raise their hair brush.

Advice if you have 13 - 14 inch guns at 185 pounds. Start doing chin ups/ pull - ups 5 x5, dips, then add weight slowly. Do overhead pressing and rowing. Use a thick bar as well. You do not need some super tempo all angle what ever what ever - If you can chin up with at least 20 kilos strapped on you your arms have to grow. No question.

I can do 5 chins or 5 dips with a 45lb plate. and i have the smallest arms posted. (given, im 17, and have trained 6 months) but still kinda disproves that theory. 45lbs is just over 20 kilos. Then again, i weigh 160 with 13’s. [/quote]

I am about 220 lbs and do pull-ups with 2 plates for sets of 5.

My biceps blow - my arms are a hair under 17 but they don’t look all that great (though, not “bad”) with a shirt on because it is mostly triceps.

I do a shitload of heavy pulling movements, and nothing made me feel my arms as much as CT’s biceps specialization routine outlined in his last article (Thib’s Quick Tricks). I’m giving that a go for the next two months to see what it can do for me.

I was fooled in the very beginning, but it’s so fucking obvious when you stop taking the advice of “gurus” without any independent thought- if you want big arms, work your fucking arms.

You’ll thank yourself later. Seriously.

Ain’t that the fucking truth.

That is some BS advice to not train arms until they reach 17". Damn, my whole life I would never been able to train arms. I train mine hard just to reach 16" flexed at 165 lbs.

Yea a lot of trainers are morons and assume multiple sets of isolation work is over doing it. Retards. I do a lot of compound work and isolation work and I love it. Everyone who has smaller weak arms just focus on them more don’t be a whine ass and fucking bust your ass in the gym.

arm size cold unflexed 15 inc or 38 cm
arm size flexed cold though 16.14 inc or 41 cm
weight 198 ib (88 kg)
height 6.4-6.5 feet (195-197 cm)

6’
204lbs.
arm: 17 3/4 unflexed, just over 18 cold-flexed

i think for this thread, and this site there should be both measurements, the difference shows us roughly how much fat the person is lugging around…

[quote]azza30 wrote:
Ah prof x. Nice to speak again!!!

Follow my training advice til you have at least 17 inch guns, then go add some direct arm work.
Also, those that say things like 'pro’s never used isolation movements to build their arms did they!?

Well they have well above average recovery genetics to become pro’s in the first place. Do not kid yourself that you can make pro like gains if you haven’t got the genetics first. An achievement of 17 inch arms is great for the average 99% of the population. Thinking otherwise will just make you divert your efforts into the more is better world that just doesn’t work.

And for the 17 year old. Time my friend. Time. try 5 x 5, and just wait and have patience.

[/quote]

In your post here: http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2071939

You said last year your arms were 16 inches. Unless you’ve made some huge gains since then, I’m not sure what makes you an expert on even getting to 17 inch arms, much less what to do after.

[quote]dakotah_13 wrote:
6’
204lbs.

i think for this thread, and this site there should be both measurements, the difference shows us roughly how much fat the person is lugging around…[/quote]

No, it doesn’t. You wouldn’t know a thing about how much fat someone is carrying without a picture regardless of what measurements you look at.

[quote]azza30 wrote:
Ah prof x. Nice to speak again!!!

Follow my training advice til you have at least 17 inch guns, then go add some direct arm work.
Also, those that say things like 'pro’s never used isolation movements to build their arms did they!?

Well they have well above average recovery genetics to become pro’s in the first place. Do not kid yourself that you can make pro like gains if you haven’t got the genetics first. An achievement of 17 inch arms is great for the average 99% of the population. Thinking otherwise will just make you divert your efforts into the more is better world that just doesn’t work.

And for the 17 year old. Time my friend. Time. try 5 x 5, and just wait and have patience.

[/quote]

Uh…from what I’ve seen Prof X has well over 17in arms.

Also, it’s not hard to get your arms over 17in, you don’t need super genetics to achieve this. I already stated my arms are 18in flexed…to me that’s small. When I do upper body and at the end do some sets of direct arm work they get even bigger. Not going to lie…my bicep makes up most of it, but I’m slowly bringing my tris around so I think I can get my arms to 20in+ in time.

I seriously hope you’re a troll and don’t believe that you don’t need direct arm work to get bigger arms. That’s like telling someone to go to do heavy squats if they want to build up their chest.

Think I’m around 11-12% bf…but carry most of it in my abdomen and back. Prolly lose about an 1in when I cut down to 8%.

15" cold relaxed

16.25" cold flexed

Height 6’1" Bodyweight 207

Not doing arm work is pretty much why my arms are small(being one of the smaller sets that posted here). Doing pullups/dips/rows aren’t going to do shit for arm growth if you are back/chest dominant and get no stimulation out of the movements.

Oh shit my arms are small, GUESS I SHOULD GO SQUAT SOME MORE.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dakotah_13 wrote:
6’
204lbs.

i think for this thread, and this site there should be both measurements, the difference shows us roughly how much fat the person is lugging around…

No, it doesn’t. You wouldn’t know a thing about how much fat someone is carrying without a picture regardless of what measurements you look at.[/quote]

ok, i apologize, i was way off on my guesstimates, my arms are:
15 unflexed and 16.5 flexed… i knew that whole thing didnt sound right…
and yes you would Prof.- you cant flex fat. doesnt that make sense? it was in an article on symmetry and the measurements of your neck, bi, and calf, and its on old school way to get a rough BF %

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Defekt wrote:
Why would you measure unflexed?

why would you measure flexed?

do you flex your calf when measuring it? thighs, waist, chest, etc?

again though, I’m coming from a fitness based background, I’m not big into the BB scene, is that how they normally measure an arm?[/quote]

Between this thread and your “bulk” one, I keep waiting for you to just quit already with all the stubbornly defensive responses and humbly accept the good advice you’re being given.

Just because BB isn’t your thing – and please realize you’re slowing your own gains by holding to that position unnecessarily – doesn’t mean you can’t learn plenty from those who have already made the progress you seek.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dakotah_13 wrote:
6’
204lbs.

No, it doesn’t. You wouldn’t know a thing about how much fat someone is carrying without a picture regardless of what measurements you look at.[/quote]

If someone has 24 inch arms flexed and relaxed, then they’re probably pretty fat.

[quote]chillain wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Defekt wrote:
Why would you measure unflexed?

why would you measure flexed?

do you flex your calf when measuring it? thighs, waist, chest, etc?

again though, I’m coming from a fitness based background, I’m not big into the BB scene, is that how they normally measure an arm?

Between this thread and your “bulk” one, I keep waiting for you to just quit already with all the stubbornly defensive responses and humbly accept the good advice you’re being given.

Just because BB isn’t your thing – and please realize you’re slowing your own gains by holding to that position unnecessarily – doesn’t mean you can’t learn plenty from those who have already made the progress you seek.

[/quote]

How is me being defensive in this thread holding back any gains?

I’m all for good advice, but this thread has nothing to do with advice.

As for my “bulk” thread. When my progress stalls and frustration sets in, then I will reread everyone’s advice in the thread and adjust accordingly.

I really don’t see how my gains are slow by any means.
Even the great Prof X has said that when bulking he aims for about 1 lb per week.

So, again in my defensive nature, how was your post worth your time typing?

H: 6’4"
W: 190
Arm: 14" cold (I’ve never measured it pumped, does it really make a difference?)

EDIT: Just remeasured (Above measurement is from a couple of months ago) I’m 15" now.

5’11"
arms: 17.5
neck: 17.5
calves: 17
thighs: 28
waist: 38 - I’m only including this so you don’t get the impression I’m a fat cow

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
5’11"
arms: 17.5
neck: 17.5
calves: 17
thighs: 28
waist: 38 - I’m only including this so you don’t get the impression I’m a fat cow[/quote]

interesting, that just seems like odd measurements all around for your height and weight

5’8"
218lbs
19" arms, cold flexed

My advice is if you want big arms, train biceps and triceps together on their own day.

-M

6’3", 220, 17.5" flexed, 18" pumped