5’10’’
17.5’’ arms flexed

6’2
16’ flexed cold

6’3"
212lbs
15" cold and relaxed
15.0000000153241" hot and pumped

Don’t go hatin’ my superior genetics now…

Nice avatar Lunarisx! I want to be Pete when I grow up…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Bullshit is the idea that a grown man can alter the length or shape of his bones and cartilage so drastically as to permanently warp the shape of his rib cage from ONE fucking exercise. That is what is bullshit. That makes about as much sense as women believing they can make their feet smaller by wearing shoes 3 sizes too small.

Again, maybe you should spend less time on these articles and more time in a college Biology classroom.[/quote]

Not that I’m disagreeing with you on ribcage expansion, but the human skeleton is capable of significant changes. For example, you brought up changing your shoe size, which really makes me think of the foot binding practiced in some parts of the world. Though that is more extreme than what we are talking, there are women that completely reshape the structure of there feet in order to fit them into shoes that wouldn’t fit my thumb. I’ve also unofficially heard a lot of stories involving different cultures using flat boards and things to change head shapes (though I think this happens at an early age when bones are still green). I even read an article (yes, I know I’m using what could be a junk article to defend a junk article) that talks about power lifters creating a groove in there vertebra where the bar sits when they squat.

Now, that being said I personally don’t believe in ribcage expansion, as all these other example require constant pressure over an extended period of time, but I don’t think it’s fair to just write it of as dumb.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Bullshit is the idea that a grown man can alter the length or shape of his bones and cartilage so drastically as to permanently warp the shape of his rib cage from ONE fucking exercise. That is what is bullshit. That makes about as much sense as women believing they can make their feet smaller by wearing shoes 3 sizes too small.

Again, maybe you should spend less time on these articles and more time in a college Biology classroom.

Not that I’m disagreeing with you on ribcage expansion, but the human skeleton is capable of significant changes. For example, you brought up changing your shoe size, which really makes me think of the foot binding practiced in some parts of the world. Though that is more extreme than what we are talking, there are women that completely reshape the structure of there feet in order to fit them into shoes that wouldn’t fit my thumb. I’ve also unofficially heard a lot of stories involving different cultures using flat boards and things to change head shapes (though I think this happens at an early age when bones are still green). I even read an article (yes, I know I’m using what could be a junk article to defend a junk article) that talks about power lifters creating a groove in there vertebra where the bar sits when they squat.

Now, that being said I personally don’t believe in ribcage expansion, as all these other example require constant pressure over an extended period of time, but I don’t think it’s fair to just write it of as dumb.
[/quote]

Those women don’t RESHAPE anything. They bind their feet so that the foot GROWS into the binding but not beyond it. there are tribes in Africa that shape the heads of their babies by binding them. That doesn’t mean they RESHAPED the baby’s head. It simply means they kept the head from growing the way it should have by RESTRICTING growth.

Also, increased callous formation around bones is also not the same…which is what you alluded to with the powerlifters. That is the same concept as martial artists hitting a hard surface over and over to increase the thickness of bone in the area.

Again, they are not “reshaping” bone as much as they are either adding to it or preventing it from growing correctly.

All this talk about reshaping bones reminded me of Bonsai Kittens:

http://www.shorty.com/bonsaikitten/

[quote]anonym wrote:

http://www.shorty.com/bonsaikitten/ [/quote]

Now I’m sorry I brought it back up. That makes me sick to my stomach.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
anonym wrote:

Now I’m sorry I brought it back up. That makes me sick to my stomach.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s worse than Dihydrogen Monoxide!

[quote]The New Guy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
anonym wrote:

Now I’m sorry I brought it back up. That makes me sick to my stomach.

Yeah, it’s worse than Dihydrogen Monoxide![/quote]

No way, man - that shit’ll kill you dead!

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
6’1, 90kg
14.5 arms, flexed and unpumped

12.5 forearm
25 thighs
43.5 hips (rofl)
41.5 chest
35 waist
15.5 calves

just redid them

here is 3 months ago. Haven’t done direct arm work at all and am surprised at increases:

85kg
40" chest
33.5" waist
hips 39.5"
24" thighs
14.5" calf
forearm 12"
arm 13.5"

my hips and quads are hilariously huge. My hips are already genetically big so the extra size makes it look freakish.

Think Dimas except without the gorilla lats and fatter, lol

My upper abs are also seriously so big that they stick out past my chest when I flex them. I don’t even think a v-shape is possible for me anymore unless I get ridiculously huge lats.

Lots and lots of deadlifts, squats, static holds, and isometrics with very little emphasis on upper body (which i really regret now as far as neglecting presses and pullups) for 6 months or so. I have no idea how I am gonna look when I lose 10 pounds of fat and am frightened to think about it!

I’m probably gonna look like a speedskater with my huge lower body and tiny upper lol.

any recommendations? haha[/quote]

Here’s a progress update after 3.5 months… mostly olifting. Been cutting for a couple months too.

6’0, 88kg (-2KG)
16 (+1.5) arms, flexed and unpumped

14 (+1.5) forearm
26.5 (+1.5) thighs
41.5 (-2) hips
44.5 (+3) chest
36 (+1) waist… other had to be wrong
15.5 (0) calves

Nice big improvement on my chest/upper back and arms. All I’ve been doing is pullups and benching… and I’m lighter than the last time I measured myself. And I’ve been cutting weight! Pretty solid progress for me. Want to lose about 4-5kg from where I am now and then back to olifting heavy (working on technique for now) and gaining.

For those who would like to see how they measure up to what is known as the Grecian Ideal, you can click here. This is a formula based on ancient Greeks and Romans about body proportions of the ideal male. Make sure you know your wrist size…

http://www.sandowmuseum.com/ideal.html

According to that I’m damn near “ideal”. Proof positive those Grecians had bad taste…

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
For those who would like to see how they measure up to what is known as the Grecian Ideal, you can click here. This is a formula based on ancient Greeks and Romans about body proportions of the ideal male. Make sure you know your wrist size…

http://www.sandowmuseum.com/ideal.html [/quote]

umm

maybe I have abnormally big wrists… would explain my arm wrestlin skills even when I was very weak

but this is like…

current wrist: 9 inches

ideal chest: 58.5
waist: 40
hip: 49.5
bicep: 21
forearm: 17
thigh: 31
calf: 20
neck: 21.645

this is only based on wrist size? That makes no sense!

From my knowledge of bodybuilding, this would be absurdly huge and potentially unattainable without steroids

seems like they need a better way to figure this stuff out than your wrist size!

180pounds, arms 17-3/4" flexed pumped, 17" flexed

242 lbs

arms 18.5 cold 19 flexed

174lbs
14 inch flexed

Height: 5’11’’
Weight: 205
Biceps: 17’’
Calf: 16.5’’

I want want to be a dick, but most of the people on this site have really shitty stats! This is where I come for advice?

:slight_smile:

230, 17 inch arms…

i’m bored i’ll play

5’11" 205lbs
15.5 cold/relaxed
17 and change when pumped
wrist 6.5 (cold)

currently 190 lbs lean, 6 foot tall, 18.5 inch arms.