T Nation

What's Your Weight & Arm Measurement?

[quote]lothos wrote:
This thread was a fun read - as usual Prof X was preaching the truth! For those of you who are right handed but have a slightly larger left arm (or vice versa) - Think about your daily life: When you haul in groceries you pile everything on your “off” arm, so you can use your dominant hand to use the key to unlock your door. We always tend to load up our off arm while keeping our dominant one free for fine motor tasks. Even though its not gym poundages, a whole lifetime of doing that over and over tends to lead to folks having a slightly larger arm measurement for the non-dominant arm.[/quote]

indeed…my left arm is 1/4" larger than my right although i’m right-handed

arms
12.5" relaxed
14" flexed
can get them up to 15" after a workout

im 5’4"
11"
i know small but i just started

Height 5.8
weight 190.5
arms 16.7
calves 16.9
neck 16.1
chest 47.2
abdomen 36.1
leg 25.1
age 17 years
all are on ( cold )

It’s interesting to see that so many people with 500+ posts are still sporting 15 inch guns, or less.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
It’s interesting to see that so many people with 500+ posts are still sporting 15 inch guns, or less.[/quote]

They can post 1000 ++ posts if they dont hit iron hard it will stay 15 inch … its not sow bad results if they dont use steroids or suplements … sow i realy didint get what you wanted to say … posts in web dosint show how long they train or how hard …

Haha well I’m not sure what you’re saying, but I think the response that might help you is “I was commenting on the fact that so many people on this website who give advice, and plenty of it, are still really small.”

Or maybe you were asking about my female pigs?

My point was if they know alot of theory its ok, but that dosint mean he must be like hulk if they go to gym only for fun they will stay in same shape … sow we cant compare them with real athletes who works to gain mass whith steroids , suplements , special food and Good training … sow 15 inch hand to average person is not bad … :slight_smile: if you tink other wise its OK

[quote]zweriukas wrote:
My point was if they know alot of theory its ok, but that dosint mean he must be like hulk if they go to gym only for fun they will stay in same shape … sow we cant compare them with real athletes who works to gain mass whith steroids , suplements , special food and Good training … sow 15 inch hand to average person is not bad … :slight_smile: if you tink other wise its OK [/quote]

15" should be easy to get by simply being MALE and physically active.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
zweriukas wrote:
My point was if they know alot of theory its ok, but that dosint mean he must be like hulk if they go to gym only for fun they will stay in same shape … sow we cant compare them with real athletes who works to gain mass whith steroids , suplements , special food and Good training … sow 15 inch hand to average person is not bad … :slight_smile: if you tink other wise its OK

[/quote]

Typing on a keyboard and lifting jugs of coffee count? I’m at 14.9" and I have 1655 posts, I was wondering if I will hit 15 by time I get to 2000? any advice?

[quote]1morerep wrote:
lothos wrote:
This thread was a fun read - as usual Prof X was preaching the truth! For those of you who are right handed but have a slightly larger left arm (or vice versa) - Think about your daily life: When you haul in groceries you pile everything on your “off” arm, so you can use your dominant hand to use the key to unlock your door. We always tend to load up our off arm while keeping our dominant one free for fine motor tasks. Even though its not gym poundages, a whole lifetime of doing that over and over tends to lead to folks having a slightly larger arm measurement for the non-dominant arm.

indeed…my left arm is 1/4" larger than my right although i’m right-handed[/quote]

Isn’t that messed up? I’m exactly the same way. My left arm is about a .25 bigger than my right though I’m right handed. The really weird thing is my right arm is a bit stronger though smaller which I attribute to coordination factors.

Last time I checked my left was 17.25 and my right was 17 in the low 240’s at 6’2. I have very little fat on my arms. I have lost a few pounds the last several weeks even though I’m eating more. I’m in the high 230’s at the moment. My abdominal pinch has decreased a bit which I think has to do with it being summer and getting some significant sun exposure.

Wow, this thread makes me feel good about myself! 220lbs and 17 inch arms…

Growing your guns is a bitch! My shoulders grow like wildfire, but arms are a different story.

• Adam

I’m 6’, 220lbs with 17 inch arms.

I eat midgets.

• Adam

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
zweriukas wrote:

Typing on a keyboard and lifting jugs of coffee count? I’m at 14.9" and I have 1655 posts, I was wondering if I will hit 15 by time I get to 2000? any advice?[/quote]

Not really. I personally have a hard time conceptualizing someone who has lifted for years and still hasn’t broken 15" for their arms.

I would expect such a person to not have gained much overall body weight and/or to simply not have fully matured yet.

That isn’t an insult. It is just how I feel about it.

How long have you been lifting and how much overall weight have you gained?

While genetics may determine who can be the biggest, there shouldn’t be too many males on the planet who literally can’t reach an arm size of about 16" with considerable time lifting.

17, 5’11", 185. My ams are right at 15". When I started lifting, I was roughly 120-125. I’ve grown 4 or 5 inches since then too.

I’m betting at least some guys with undersized arms are inadvertantly neglecting their triceps which are integral to overall arm size. That may not be the whole issue, but I bet it’s part of it in some cases. People equate arm size with biceps.

Ht:5’11"
Wt:190
arm:15.75" flexed unpumped.

6’0.5’’
200 lb
15’’ arms unflexed, cold

6’1
160- i know bulking now
13inch arms unflexed cold

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
People equate arm size with biceps.[/quote]

True. You wouldn’t believe how often I hear people talking about “that guy with the 18 (or whatever number) inch biceps.”

I guess some just hear that and get carried away with biceps = arms.