What's Your Typical Daily Diet Like?

I am 5.7 175lbs. My main goal is a consistent lean bulk. I want to continue to get solid muscle gains and lose/ keep off excess fat. In total the diet comes out to right around 2,500 calories. 53g fat (18%). 303g protein (47%). 230g carbs (35%). I am a student with not much excess time, so I eat the same thing almost every day. Also, I supplement out two meals a day with Whole Gains by ByoRythm. The only other additions to my diet are flaxseed oil and a multivitamin. Pul lots of water.

8:00 AM
(5) Egg Whites Only
(2) Whole Eggs
(1) Banana
*Max Pro Slow Acting Protein 30g

10:30 AM
*Whole Gains Meal Replacement 36g

12:45 PM
(1) Cup Brown Rice
(6) Oz Chicken Breast
(1) Cup Broccoli Raw

3:30 PM
*Whole Gains Meal Replacement 36g

â?? 4PM workout

5:30-5:45 PM
*After Glow Post workout 20g

6:30 PM (One hour after Post Workout drink)
(1) Cup Brown Rice
(6) Oz Chicken Breast
(1) Cup Broccoli Raw

8:30 PM
*Max Pro Slow Acting Protein

→ Not the most exciting diet, but works for me!

I eat one type of protein a day (all beef day, all chicken day, etc) I’m doing this to see how i feel after certain meats. But basically, I eat ~200g protein and 10-12 servings of veggies and fill the rest of my calorie allotment with fats. Oh yea enjoy having an avocado a day. I’m very interested to see how my all dairy day goes with raw milk and Oikos yogurts

Ive never tried that. How do you like it?

I don’t get on here much, but here’s my daily nutritional strategy. I’m currently 2 weeks and 1 day out of an upcoming show, hence the absence of starchy carbs. This meal plan is something I came up with through trial and error (i.e. no coaching involved!).

Meal 1:
2 cups egg whites, 1 whole omega-3 egg, 2 slices turkey bacon 1 avocado (approx 4 oz.)

Meal 2:
10 oz. cod, asparagus, large spinach salad, 1 oz. raw almonds

Meal 3:
10 oz. chicken breast or ground turkey, large spinach salad, 1-2 oz. raw almonds

Meals 4 and 5 (pre- and post-workout):
10 oz chicken breast, broccoli or asparagus or spinach, 8 oz butternut squash, 1-2 oz. raw almonds

Meal 6:
Same as Meal 1, but may substitute the avocado for 1 tbsp. of almond butter to slow digestion overnight (if I have it stocked)

[quote]bkmacky9288 wrote:
I eat one type of protein a day (all beef day, all chicken day, etc) I’m doing this to see how i feel after certain meats. But basically, I eat ~200g protein and 10-12 servings of veggies and fill the rest of my calorie allotment with fats. Oh yea enjoy having an avocado a day. I’m very interested to see how my all dairy day goes with raw milk and Oikos yogurts [/quote]

That would drive me crazy! Especially the chicken day.

[quote]skwasny wrote:
I don’t get on here much, but here’s my daily nutritional strategy. I’m currently 2 weeks and 1 day out of an upcoming show, hence the absence of starchy carbs. This meal plan is something I came up with through trial and error (i.e. no coaching involved!).

Meal 1:
2 cups egg whites, 1 whole omega-3 egg, 2 slices turkey bacon 1 avocado (approx 4 oz.)

Meal 2:
10 oz. cod, asparagus, large spinach salad, 1 oz. raw almonds

Meal 3:
10 oz. chicken breast or ground turkey, large spinach salad, 1-2 oz. raw almonds

Meals 4 and 5 (pre- and post-workout):
10 oz chicken breast, broccoli or asparagus or spinach, 8 oz butternut squash, 1-2 oz. raw almonds

Meal 6:
Same as Meal 1, but may substitute the avocado for 1 tbsp. of almond butter to slow digestion overnight (if I have it stocked)

[/quote]

Damn! You are virtually carb free with exception to the fibrous carbs. How do you feel? How is your training?

Meal 1: 5 oz of chicken with 1 whole egg

Meal 2: 1 (4 oz) 93% Lean beef patty w/ Green beans

Meal 3: 5 oz of Chicken w/ Asparagus and 1 whole egg

Meal 4: 4 oz.'s of Tilapia w/ a Handful of nuts (Almonds or Cashews)

Meal 5: 8 oz’s of Eye Round Steak w/ Lots of Spinach and Broccoli (3 days during the week…I might just have Chicken or Tilapia w/ the veggies]

***I also use a fiber supplement and mix a raw egg white in it and make a concoction out of it w/ stevia for desert. ***I also use about 1/4 cup of Unsweetend vanilla Almond Milk in my coffee, and I add BCAA’s n my water throughout the day w/ vitamin c complex powder.

You’re right, I’m basically carb-free. The butternut squash contain 3 grams of carbs and no fiber per ounce; raw almonds have 6 grams of carbs and minimal fiber per ounce. So I am consuming some carbs, but they are virtually non-existent and burnt off through training.

[quote]Mateus wrote:

[quote]bkmacky9288 wrote:
I eat one type of protein a day (all beef day, all chicken day, etc) I’m doing this to see how i feel after certain meats. But basically, I eat ~200g protein and 10-12 servings of veggies and fill the rest of my calorie allotment with fats. Oh yea enjoy having an avocado a day. I’m very interested to see how my all dairy day goes with raw milk and Oikos yogurts [/quote]

That would drive me crazy! Especially the chicken day.[/quote]

Haha,I could eat chicken all day long.

Doing the V-Diet right now, but before it was pretty much the same every day.

Meal 1
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
2 slices low fat swiss cheese (2.5 fat, 5 protein, 0 carb)
1 pound bag of broccoli

(sometimes sub. 1/2 can of tuna for 3 egg whites)

Meal 2

Scoop Protein Powder (half whey iso, half casein)
1/2 box mori-nu silken tofu lite (used to mix with cottage cheese, but I’ve tried to remove as much lactose from my diet as possible)
1 tbs Peanut Butter
1 tbs Almond Butter
1 tbs Flax
Cinnamon

Eat mixture with a glass of unsweetened almond milk.

Meal 3: post workout

Surge Recovery

Meal 4:

Same as 1

Meal 5

Same as 2 (all casein though)

As you can see, my diet was pretty damn clean. I used to be a big boy in HS, and have been working hard to cut it off for a while now. Most of it came off in the first couple of years, but it’s that last fucking 5 pounds that have been impossible. Before the V-Diet I was 6’1’', 172-5, 8 percent BF). Now I’m prob 165, 5-6 percent, so things are looking good. One more week to go. Tomorrow’s whole food day!!!

I think my problem was, as I’ve gathered reading up on the forums, my diet was almost too clean. I NEVER have a cheat meal, have cut out carbs except for the surge, and stick to my scheduled macros for the day 99 percent of the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as tweaking my old diet to increase my leptin levels? As far as carbs are concerned, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OATMEAL, but wasn’t sure if (in a world where carbs live in my diet) I should even eat grains or if I should get them all from sweet potatoes, beans…etc.

Thanks!