What's Your Steady State Cardio?

When pepole say “steady state cardio,” I’m thinking like 30 min of about 8.6 mile pace. What is your steady state?

3.5mph, 8 pt. incline, 30-60 minutes

3.2 mph at an incline of 12 for at least 30 min

steady state is just a tempo.

You can do different intensities, yet still do steady state.

When bulking I’ll do the bike for 10 mins after weights. 80 rpm level 5-6. It’s rather low intensity HR is usually around 130 at that point.

My steady state is whatever I do, where the resistance or speed remains constant throughout the entire cardio session. For me this is usually 3.5mph on a treadmill at an 8 degree incline for 45-60mins or a 5-6mph jog with a 2 degree incline for 30mins.

I don’t know the numbers but a pace where I can just barely hold a conversation without my panting interrupting me.

Always a bit faster than the cardio bunnies, though, otherwise that’d be embarrassing.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
When pepole say “steady state cardio,” I’m thinking like 30 min of about 8.6 mile pace. What is your steady state?[/quote]

Damn you have some solid cardio… I usually do my running outdoors so I have no idea what speed I am going.

3.0 mph, 4 incline, 35-40 minutes, empty stomach or pwo

About 5 miles at about 7-7.5 mph in the morning (outside) plus about 1/2 mile of walking to warm-up and cool down.

Do you guys take anything immediately before/after your cardio sessions?

Did track and cross country in high school.

I do 400’s and sprint workouts.

Theres an indoor track so its pretty easy.

Dont know how you guys can stand to actually run fast on a treadmill.

I was going 6 minute mile pace and it freaked me the hell out, felt like I was going to fall the whole time.

I’m kind of surprised people actually run as much as they do for steady state.

I personally do around 30-60 minutes at about 3.8 MPH, with a 6-8 incline.

I use a stationary bike, with no electronics on it. I just go by how I feel (still being a challenge though) for about half an hour. If I think Im cruising a bit, then I speed things up, if im going too hard, I slow things down. But again, this for half an hour.

And no, I dont consider what I do intervals, even though I seem to “alternate” speeds. I alternate speeds based on how I feel, that all.

PreCor Elliptical or Cybex Arc Trainer or Stairmaster Stepper
130 - 145 HR x 20 - 30 min.

Usually running around 10-12 mph on the street for 30 min for me. I know how fast I am running because I know the given distance and can use the time to determine what my average speed was. Target BPM = 135-155

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
Usually running around 10-12 mph on the street for 30 min for me. I know how fast I am running because I know the given distance and can use the time to determine what my average speed was. Target BPM = 135-155[/quote]

Thats very fast, impressive. 5-6 minute miles. Do you have a background in running or are you just one fast mofo?

When I was 6 my parents put me into boxing and martial arts to help with my temper and excess energy. Those two sports required me to run a lot as I got older and took it more seriously. Resistance training didn’t come into my life until I was about 15 and 135 pounds, so running came before lifting for me, although I’m 26 and around 205 lbs now and keeping that pace is harder than it used to be. When I was still in College, in lab we tested our vo2 maxes, mine at the time was 80-85 ml/kg/min which I was told was pretty high.

I honestly don’t see how anyone could tolerate a complete 60 minutes of cardio on a machine. That would be terrible. I don’t think I’ve ever done more than 45. Good on you though.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
I honestly don’t see how anyone could tolerate a complete 60 minutes of cardio on a machine. That would be terrible. I don’t think I’ve ever done more than 45. Good on you though.[/quote]

x2 more than 10 mins and I start to get bored, I’d rather just play a sport if I have to do long cardio

I can’t even stand doing more than 10 minutes on a machine, so boring. I prefer to walk outside. Typically I do about 30 minutes of fasted morning brisk walking around my neighborhood.