What's Your Religion and Why?

uh, can you prove 0-1 does not equal -1? Is there something wrong with my math?

Yes, I have read all that shit. What they cannot prove is something from nothing. That’s the core of the argument. Hawking secondly HATES philosophy and philosophers. However, he makes a philosophical claim that all this is possible in the laws of physics.

Here is a magic trick for you to prove, prove a multi-verse exists?
Define what a singularity is.
Describe Dark Matter and Dark Energy in detail.
Prove Inflation theory is a fact.
Don’t dodge the questions. You opened the door.

Second thing he nor anybody else been able to answer, where did the laws of physics come from? That’s not something from nothing, that is something from something. How did the laws of physics come to be from nothing? If there theories be true, this question still demands an answer…

1 Like

Yes, Stalin went to Seminary at the behest of his mother.

No, Communism is not a religion. Who ever says that is full of shit and have no idea how it worked. It’s a form of government that does not work.
It was oppressive, it didn’t have the support of the people, that’s why they built walls not to keep people out, but to keep their people in.

Well, your in the wrong place, I am not talking about religion, at all. Religion isn’t being argued or claimed.
All I am saying is that the theistic arguments are strong, unrefuted and unrefutable.
Trust me, if you crack ‘the code’ on the cosmological arguments for instance, you will get a Nobel Prize…

yup.

“0-1=-1” is a statement. It is not a proof. It doesn’t even prove that 0 minus 1 is equal to -1. It just states it. It can be used in a proof, but it is not a proof. It in no way, shape, or form “proves a negative”.

You are dumb. You’re the perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. You’re too dumb to even realize how dumb you are. Instead you just spout nonsense like this.

2 Likes

Ah insults. Come on you can do better than that. I have been called all kinds of things, at least be creative.

1 Like

It wasn’t meant to be an insult. Simply an observation based on facts presented.

You pulled out and stick to that “0-1=-1” stuff as if it’s valid and lends credence to the other nonsense you spouted. It isn’t, and It doesn’t. Yet you persist. So, the only conclusion left is that you are either being willfully ignorant or you are dumb and too dumb to realize how dumb you are.

I guess you can choose which outcome you prefer. Given the topic it’s likely a bit of both.

The problem is you are equating “negative one” (a number) with “a negative statement” (a philosophical syllogism) and the two are not the same.

Negative one does not equal “there is no invisible teacup floating around mars”

Two options exist for us. Either you are aware of this and are playing dumb, in which case there is no point in debating with you or you are not able to comprehend this and there is no point in arguing with you.

Which is to say, I certainly am done debating with you.

3 Likes

Math is a branch of philosophy. If you get a PHd, in it you have gotten a philosophy degree. Because it means in english "Doctor of philosophy in ________.
Mathematical equations are literally philosophical aruments.
P1) You have a quantity of zero.
P2) You remove or subtract a quantity of 1 from zero.
C) Therefore, the resultant quantity is negative 1.

And have a good one…

You realize that’s not a negative statement right?

1 Like

Pot meet kettle. Homie, you know damn well calling someone “dumb” is insulting, will be taken that way, and is meant that way.

You can try to rationalize it as “just an observation” but I’ll have to assume you’re being intentionally insulting and dishonest. Have some tact - keep it civil at the very least.

5 Likes

What is the square root of (-1)?

1. ‘Dumb’ is an adjective used to describe people who are "lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted. " (dictionary.com). I explained why I felt the description was appropriate.
  2. Things can be two things. One thing that they were intended to be, and one that they weren’t.
1 Like

Yeah, the anger seems misplaced. Though I admit, I may have missed something earlier. Perhaps in an entirely different thread. Can I offer my services as a mediator between the parties?!

2 Likes

Seems a bit much to broadly apply to a person because you believe his argumentation on a particular subject is poor. I’m sure someone, if not a good many, have perceived me as dumb because I flubbed up an argument. Or, didn’t think out analogies, metaphors, examples and so on…Or, maybe I simply didn’t grasp that specific subject well. Ok? Maybe I didn’t! Or, OR, the listener/reader actually didn’t understand to no fault of my own. Not saying any of those apply here. Or who is right or wrong. But gosh, let’s just try to be a little bit more charitable with each other? I’m sure we’ve all been less than stellar. I’ll start. Practice what we preach, and all, right? Hello, corndiggity, I’m sloth. it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance Howdy pat, hope you’re doing well!

2 Likes

Umm… it hasn’t been proven… never said it was. It is a theory, and I have no idea how that theory would align with your proven logic.

Based on your response to the negative statement logic displayed by the simple teapot analogy, you clearly don’t have a very good grasp on this topic. I’m bowing out of this convo again, if anybody wants to see where this conversation leads they can read this thread:

or this one:

2 Likes

I’ll concede that ‘dumb’ may have been a bit strong, but I stand by my statements. You don’t have to agree.

I rarely if ever post, but do I spend a lot of time reading the forums and I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen a post by Pat, usually on the Middle East, to be shortly after followed by a post from Loppar or someone else explaining, in detail, how not only was what Pat wrote completely incorrect, the opposite is usually true.

So when he stated that “0-1=-1” was somehow ‘proving a negative’, I decided to post. Now I’ll likely go back to lurking. So have a nice day everyone.

1 Like

Nope. Stalin reestablished the supremacy of the Moscow patriarchate after a spat lasting several hundred years and pretty much behaved like your typical deranged Russian tsar, not interested in the World Revolution like Lenin but the expansion of Mother Russia under whom it reached it’s maximal territorial expansion under the temporary name USSR.

The way things stand now, proclaiming Stalin officially a saint in the Russian Orthodox Church is only a few decades away, maybe much sooner as icons depicting Stalin are already being revered throughout Russia, especially in the armed forces…

4 Likes

Those icons are deeply disturbing, and obscene in the truest sense of the word.

2 Likes