What's Your Plan for 2010?

I would like to finally start competing and hit a 1400 raw total at 181, and possibly do a bodybuilding show later in the year just for fun.

Pull 700 before i start dropping to the 242s in May.

2xbodyweight squat, 1.5xbw bench and 3xbw deadlift.

Also, I need to get laid. At least once during next year.

[quote]dberg8907 wrote:
1600 pound total at Battle of the Border in Charlotte, NC.

625/400/575 are the goals, lifting raw (well, belt and wraps raw) as either a big 198 or small 220.
[/quote]

That’s impressive lifting, there.

I’m shooting for 550/400/600 @ 198, raw, by the end of the year. (currently 505/350/575 @ 181)

I haven’t gotten any meets planned due to my wedding in April. I am eyeballing SPF Nat’ls in Nashville in early June, I think. I haven’t looked at anything past that.

[quote]Tikotiko wrote:

Also, I need to get laid. At least once during next year.[/quote]

x2…(plus hit 200 pounds Bodyweight by august)

500 lb squat, 315 bench, 550 deadlift, 365x20 squat, keep weight under 180.

Would like to do the AAU New England Cabin Fever in late Feb and I would like to get a 500lb raw squat into the books before the arthritis in my knee is so bad that squatting heavy will become a fond memory.

I would really like to do USAPL New Englands, but we’ll see.

Other 2010 plans are to put a 365 bench and 550 deadlift into the books, but I really want 375 and 575.

[quote]mahwah wrote:

That’s impressive lifting, there.

I’m shooting for 550/400/600 @ 198, raw, by the end of the year. (currently 505/350/575 @ 181)

I haven’t gotten any meets planned due to my wedding in April. I am eyeballing SPF Nat’ls in Nashville in early June, I think. I haven’t looked at anything past that.[/quote]

Thanks, looks like you have some pretty similar and impressive goals yourself.

Hopefully I’ll get there, current gym PR’s are 600/405/550. I realize my goals for Battle of the Border (in March) might be a bit a lofty, but it gives me something to chase and i really feel like I might have left a little in the tank when getting those gym PRs. Regardless, I’m excited to start another year of hard training.

Thanks again, and good luck to you! I always like seeing the “little” (165/181/198) guys put up good numbers.

And good luck to the rest of you, looks like 2010 is an ambitious year.

Just came home from gym, after pulling 405 and adding 45 pounds to my deadlift in just four months. Estimated maxes for bench and squat are 225 and 315.

This makes goal setting easy: add a plate to all of them, for 405/315/495. Of course, achieving them will be hard work and the bench might be out of my reach, but we’ll see where a year of good training and especially good eating will take me.

This was done at a bodyweight of 150 pounds, guess I’ll shoot for at least 165 pounds.

I am just starting a deadlift program to finally ( after 2 years stuck in the 600’s) get over 700… I’m breaking in the new 3-ply overkill briefs and handled a 957 squat ( but wimped out and cut it 1.5" high)… so I realistically feel like with some work in the new gear I’ll get my first 1000

My goal is to stay drug free ( I’m a teacher so it’s not that I have anything against people who choose otherwise, I just like my career too much to risk it)… but I’d like to start competing in a few APF events just for the added intensity and competition… Ideally I’d like to win the 308 class at an APF event as a drug free lifter… we’ll see how I put everything together for the APF Illinois state meet and maybe make a call on nationals then…

[quote]Tikotiko wrote:

Same, minus the getting laid part. lol

By the time I turn 23 in July.

All Raw: 415 squat / 260 pause bench / 535 deadlift
Finally get some coaching in the Olympic lifts
Maybe… just maybe lose enough body fat that I can compete in the 148’s (I’m kind of a small 165)

-do my first strongman competition
-500lb raw squat
-get my deadlift moving again, 550 raw would be nice
-military press 225
-I guess bench 315+
-get cardio up again

Strongman? I must be in the wrong thread hahah!

PS- I feel like this could be a stellar year for me. I am slowly breaking out of my mold in terms of nutrition (I only know 2 settings: dialed in or see-food).

I have a lot of goals I’d like to meet this year. There’s a meet in march I’d like to do providing I can hit depth in my suit and touch in my shirt. I’d like to bulk up to the 242 pound class for that meet and then lean out for the next 2-3 months. I’d also like to break the 242 junior state records. 600, 440, 611, 1543. Not too impressive but it gives me numbers to shoot for. I may try and compete in a USAPL meet so I can set a qualifying total for nationals.

1. stop my fucking knees hurting
  2. be a more solid 90kg, I weighed in at 87kg last meet so im losing out on some weight
  3. bench 150kg raw for an U23 90kg British record
  4. total over 600kg
  5. squat over 200kg

All lifts are unequipped.

Bench - 200 kg touch and go and 180 kg+ at a meet.
Squat - 220 kg+ (would like 230/240 this year.).
Deadlift - 270 kg+ (finally break the magical 272.5kg)

Total 650+ kg in the 100kg class (best total last year was 643.5).

Compete in my first weightlifting comp

Clean and jerk 140/150kg
Snatch 100kg+
Clean 150/160kg
Front Squat - 200kg

Become a reasonably lean 100kg instead of a fat 105.

Be awesome.

goals for 2010

1. 300+ bench
  2. 450+ squat
  3. 450+ deadlift (conventional or sumo)
  4. drop body fat% to mid to low double digits (this might have to wait until 2011 - lifting big will be the theme of the year)
  5. stay near 200 lbs. in body weight
  6. possibly participate in a raw power lifting meet (we’ll see how 1-3 go before this is decided on)

My plans are to achieve a Class 1 (570kgs @ 75kgs/single ply) total and qualify for Nationals.

My numbers are a lot lower than other people posting theirs but it’ll still mean about a 60kg increase in my total.

[quote]power_bulker wrote:

[quote]Tikotiko wrote:

I feel you on the getting laid part…

My goal is to hit a 500 squat in training for 3 reps, keep improving my bench, hamstring strength and size along with my upper back.

Also(totally non training related) To improve twofold academically. I live off my GI Bill, so I really have no excuses as to why I can leave this community college with close to a 3.0.

My goal is to get really proficient in a competition tight single ply bench shirt and deadlift suit. If this involves traveling to work with someone then so be it. I have put a solid 6 months into mastering a deadlift suit and although it hasn’t paid off yet, I think the breakthrough is close.

I will also likely have to find someone that is proficient at alterations so I can get my gear to fit as close to perfect as possible.

Also figure out how to get stronger on bench with keeping my shoulder healthy.

If I can do these things the total will keep moving well.