T Nation

What's Your Meal After PWO Shake?

Just out of curiosity what’s everyone’s post workout meal look like after you’ve had your shake.

[quote]buffbills69 wrote:
Just out of curiosity what’s everyone’s post workout meal look like after you’ve had your shake. [/quote]

Whats your shake look like??

Regardless I would gorge on some White potatoes (they will digest quicker then whole grains, helping in muscle recovery and building) Then just make sure you rock a meat and a veg… Its pretty basic…

I like to cheat on leg days and have pizza, just sayin, it works for me…

Shake is 90g carbs from Waxy Maize Starch and about 15-20g protein from whey.

Then about an half hour later 50g carbs from oatmeal, 1 scoop of whey. Then resume normal eating for my next meal a few hours after training.

Get more protein in both those meals. A good rule of thumb is 1g:2g protein to carb ratio for both the shake and the meal. The carbs serve to spike insulin and replenish muscle glycogen, but in the end you still really need lots of protein for muscle synthesis.

Usually 1-2 cups of brown rice with 8-12 oz of roast beef for me. Some ‘steam in bag’ asparagus or broccoli if I’m feelin really on top of my game =P

Check out the refrigerated meats section of costco- they have these awesome microwaveable pot roasts and tritips which is great for guys without the time, equipment, or savvy to cook those on their own (aka a college student like me).